District 11AA D1 Football

trueblue82

13 minutes ago, hunter92 said:

We have a scrimmage with Groveton tonight.  Anyone know what Groveton brings to the table?

Not sure what they have back from last years team but we ran through them at last year's scrimmage like a wild boar running through a chicken house full of chickens with both end doors propped open and a pack of hounds behind him .... 

50 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Not sure what they have back from last years team but we ran through them at last year's scrimmage like a wild boar running through a chicken house full of chickens with both end doors propped open and a pack of hounds behind him .... 

LOL!!!  You covered my whole life in one sentence!  I couldn't remember how young they were last year.  I just hope we get some work in without any injuries.

Joaquin Vs Waskom was 0-0 in 10mins of straight offense on both sides and it was also 0-0 in the simulated quarter.

Waskom Vs. Logansport was 7-7 in the live quarter. I don’t recall the score in the 10 mins of straight offense but I believe it was 0-0.

Joaquin Vs Logansport was 0-0 in 10 minutes of straight offense (Rams did not have a chance to run offense vs Logansport in this scenario) The score was 7-0 for Logansport in the simulated quarter with Logansport scoring in the last 2 minutes on a pass near the red zone. On the last play of the quarter with a few seconds left Joaquin broke a long run to Logansports 5 yard line where time expired.

Personally all 3 teams highly impressed me in different ways. I love the jamboree style of play. 

Logansports offensive line looked like it averaged 280-300 pounds. They’ve got a solid running back and some good receivers, though they dropped a few easy balls. Their defense was very impressive. Number 53 shut the inside runs down very well. They are going to be a force in Louisiana ball, as they usually are.

At first glance you look at Waskom think they’re not going to be very good because of their size. However, they fly to the football on defense and execute very well on offense. Their running back number 8 was extremely agile. 

Joaquin has a good defense. It impressed me a lot. Really has the potential to be better than last years defense. They are very physical and fly to the ball well. Good speed. The offense looked decent, however, penalties and a few fumbles killed their drives. They moved the ball fairly well on both Waskom and Logansport. 

All 3 of these teams looked like they are 3-4 games into the season already. All 3 teams are going to be highly competitive.

14 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Joaquin Vs Waskom was 0-0 in 10mins of straight offense on both sides and it was also 0-0 in the simulated quarter.

Waskom Vs. Logansport was 7-7 in the live quarter. I don’t recall the score in the 10 mins of straight offense but I believe it was 0-0.

Joaquin Vs Logansport was 0-0 in 10 minutes of straight offense (Rams did not have a chance to run offense vs Logansport in this scenario) The score was 7-0 for Logansport in the simulated quarter with Logansport scoring in the last 2 minutes on a pass near the red zone. On the last play of the quarter with a few seconds left Joaquin broke a long run to Logansports 5 yard line where time expired.

Personally all 3 teams highly impressed me in different ways. I love the jamboree style of play. 

Logansports offensive line looked like it averaged 280-300 pounds. They’ve got a solid running back and some good receivers, though they dropped a few easy balls. Their defense was very impressive. Number 53 shut the inside runs down very well. They are going to be a force in Louisiana ball, as they usually are.

At first glance you look at Waskom think they’re not going to be very good because of their size. However, they fly to the football on defense and execute very well on offense. Their running back number 8 was extremely agile. 

Joaquin has a good defense. It impressed me a lot. Really has the potential to be better than last years defense. They are very physical and fly to the ball well. Good speed. The offense looked decent, however, penalties and a few fumbles killed their drives. They moved the ball fairly well on both Waskom and Logansport. 

All 3 of these teams looked like they are 3-4 games into the season already. All 3 teams are going to be highly competitive.

My thoughts exactly. All three teams appear to have their defense ahead of their offense at this point. Joaquin moved the ball in chunks against both defenses, but they have to work on ball security and eliminate the penalties. Both of those are typical early season issues. All three RBs ran the ball hard. 

Joaquin was stopped one time on offense in any of the combo scenarios. Waskom did it on the first set of downs. Other than that Joe fumbled the ball every time on the plus side of the 50yd line killing every drive. Defense looked good but had too many bone head mistakes. Lined up offsides. Facemask penalties. Blown assignments in secondary. Hustle and effort made up for the mistakes.

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Week 1:

Beckville at Shelbyville 

TK Gorman at Garrison 

Queen City at Harleton 

Deweyville at Joaquin 

Hooks at Linden-Kildare 

Tenaha at Troup

Timpson at Hemphill 

Picks, anyone? 

I’ll take Dragons, Dawgs, Dogs, Rams, Tigers, Tigers (duh), and Hornets. 

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Week 1:

Beckville at Shelbyville 

TK Gorman at Garrison 

Queen City at Harleton 

Deweyville at Joaquin 

Hooks at Linden-Kildare 

Tenaha at Troup

Timpson at Hemphill 

Picks, anyone? 

I don’t know enough about most of these teams to make a call. The most compelling games I would imagine would be Beckville Vs Shelbyvill, Tenaha Vs Troup, Timpson Vs Hemphill. I’m completely unfamiliar with Linden Kildare and Hooks so I’d have zero idea. The rest of the games I’d imagine to be not fun to watch due to boredom or extremely one sided.