4 minutes ago, btex said:

I would suggest researching it and seeing how bad it was. The "he's not my president" didnt start with trump

No need because my post wasn't about Obama. You were the one that deflected to him.

2 hours ago, btex said:

Why are you afraid to just say it? I would think you would place it in plain language if you really believed it.

Okay I’m gonna type this slowly to give you a chance to keep up: the modern democrat party has more in common with the nazi party of Adolfo Hitler than it does with the American people. And before you accuse me of lumping, I’m including any current elected democrat, as any that ran on a democrat ticket in the past twenty years. This also includes anyone who has voted for, sent money to, or in any other way supported any state or federal level candidate running on the democrat ticket. Is that clear enough for you? 

BTW, please tell me if this offends you. If it doesn’t, I need to step up my game. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, btex said:

Dozens of huge scandals? Can you list those please? I know of IRS and Guns so there is two, so can you list the other 22?

You have got to be kidding me ... Did you sleep under a rock during the eight years of Obummer corruption?  I'm not going to go back and rehash eight years of scandals, you can go back and read through the posts yourself .... Some of what they did during those scandalous eight years will soon be made public when the IG report is released and AG Barr and the other special prosecutor get through exposing and indicting many of the Obama era treasonous criminals ... the day of reckoning is coming ... get your  :munch: ready .....  

2 hours ago, btex said:

I believe you are in titled to your opinion, hence why this is America and not Nazi Germany.

Careful. Talking about believing in freedom of speech and the right to form one’s own opinion is the kind of thing that causes democrats to get dead. King Obama and Queen Hillary don’t like that stuff.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You have got to be kidding me ... Did you sleep under a rock during the eight years of Obummer corruption?  I'm not going to go back and rehash eight years of scandals, you can go back and read through the posts yourself .... Some of what they did during those scandalous eight years will soon be made public when the IG report is released and AG Barr and the other special prosecutor get through exposing and indicting many of the Obama era treasonous criminals ... the day of reckoning is coming ... get your  :munch: ready .....  

Or Tissues, in his case...😉

And a lot of the turnover in the Trump administration is the harassment by lefties and the fake news media. All because they hate Trump so anyone who supports him, whether it be his administration picks, his family, certain people at Fox News and his supporters are fair game to their harassment and bullying.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You know the funny thing is during the Obummer years there were dozens of huge scandals involving his corrupt/incompetent minions yet few, if any, were forced to resign or were fired.  His whole administration from top to bottom was rotten to the core yet continued to serve in spite of scandal after scandal.  That' how it goes with a dimwit in the White House and the lap dog liberal media who looks the other way.  Eric Holder should be doing hard time in federal prison if there was an ounce of justice .... Give me a break with your sanctamonious :BS: about the Trump administration  ...

So should many more of those that served in the Obama administration.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btex said:

Actually what you think is because I don’t sit back and allow the half truths and I defend EVERYONES RIGHT to the constitution and not just the people I agree with. My beliefs, as stated fall in line as an independent. If that offends someone I don’t really care. 

You know nothing about what I think. You are a liberal democrat because you support politicians and policies that are contrary to the Constitution, and you oppose people and policies that are in lign with the Constitution. It’s that simple. All I know about you is what you’ve posted here, and you’ve shown me nothing that says you’re an independent. 

Geeze, after reading all of that nonsense I feel like a nuke button is near my finger.  Stay on topic, and quit asking for clarification.  If you can't figure out if someone is being serious, off the cuff, speaking figuratively, uses a euphemism, allegory, alliteration, colloquialism, irony, etc. etc. etc..  Just move on.  Geeze, Btex reminds me of Chester with his constant questioning the same thing over and over and over again.  Since I'd probably have to explain that :  

Back on topic.  There have been many great men that have done terrible and horrible things before the did heroic things, and some they did after.  They are mentioned in History.  Here is just a list of some of them.  While I feel this site is click bait it offers many examples.  http://boredomtherapy.com/historical-figures-questionable-pasts/  Bedford Forrest was one of those that did many honorable things to defend Tennessee at the time.  Many from the South after the Civil War still looked up to them and created holidays in their States to honor them.  Is it time to move on ?  I think so.  We already have many holidays on the books that in my opinion shouldn't even be observed as Federal Holidays much less State Holidays.  All they do is give Federal Workers and State Workers an extra day off that the average Joe doesn't get.  Labor Day is one of the biggest one's, because most of the laborers have to work that day.  I could think of many more.  Get rid of it. Nathan Bedford Forrest wasn't that great of a military leader even for the CSA.  He was more well known for his war tactics that I would consider war crimes by any standard.  Then again, I would say the same for General William Tecumseh Sherman with the way he pillaged many civilians homes and crops.  So he shouldn't be honored as well.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, btex said:

True I know we have done this before but I would really like to get this straight. You claim I support politicians and policies that are contrary to the Constitution. So let's get this all ironed out. Tell me what it is that you believe I support. No bs no trolling just straight talk please. Or PM me and we can handle it that way, but I would love to clear this up. 

#1. You fail miserably at supporting individual rights, including, but not limited to, the 2nd Amendment.

#2. You claim to be an independent, yet I’ve never seen you rip into a leftist politician the way you do President Trump. 

#3. You’ve repeatedly stated your support for leftist policies like universal healthcare. 

You can come back and give us all the talk you want about how you’re a free thinker, but you have yet to post anything that backs that up. 

9 hours ago, btex said:

1. No I do not support nor will I support mentally ill nor felons having gun rights.  My only other stance ever on the 2nd was high capacity magazines, however instead of eliminating them I proposed just registering them though if that would allow people to own them. No I dont like the NRA because it is nothing of what it was created for. It has now become nothing but an arm for the gun industry. I do not support limiting semi-auto though I do question why anyone would need a silencer. I think that is pretty independent and I have been very consistent on what I have said on that. I dont think those are liberal, but they for sure are not far right.

2. I called for Holder to be in jail, he lied under oath. No different than what some of trumps people have done. ALL deserve JAIL, period. Lerner deserved jail. No I dont think Obama was nearly as bad as some claim nor as good as others claim. I feel the same about Bush jr. I believe if Reagan were around today the gop would shun him. Had Nixon not done something criminal he would have been seen as one of our better presidents and had JFK not been killed he would not be seen nearly has favorable. I have voted for one Dem for president in my life, and yes it was Clinton. I believe the GOP in control of congress could have controlled her impact. I voted for Abbott and against Patrick (in primary and election because he HATES public school teachers). I do  not know of another dem I have ever voted for. You may not like that answer but Patrick controls my profession and I know enough about trump to be very concerned about where we might go.

3. Healthcare is BROKEN. 100%. Obamacare was a HUGE mistake and yes insurance and healthcare helped set it up. Private insurance is a scam. Having insurance cost me by the month and more by the visit. When I go to my Dr I do not file on my insurance and it is half the cost. The only way I see to fix this is to blow up the system. Yes I was under the German healthcare system for 2 years, I wonder why I payed 7.9% of my salary there and my insurance was 100 times better than the insurance I have here paying 9.8%. We have allowed insurance, healthcare, and pharma to control it and they are making BILLIONS. If you have a better plan show it.

You claimed other LEFTIST policies. Well you didnt name any. So is term limits leftist? How about flat tax? I am against Abortion but I also know this is a decided issue and time, money, and effort are better spent than screaming on a message board while never helping a pregnant teen. So please tell me what my leftist policies are. 

#1. Any gun laws that place any restrictions on gun ownership are UNCONSTITUTIONAL, so says the 2nd Amendment. End of conversation. Don’t blame me. Take it up with the men who wrote it. 

#2. The two parties have combined to epically fail the American people. I’m pretty certain that the establishment of both parties hate Trump because he has exposed them. Like him or not, the corruption of both is on full display. Change my mind. 

#3. The solution to healthcare is simple. We simply need to start reintroducing free market principles. We certainly don’t need to go down the path of the European model. If that system is so great, perhaps you and centex can get married and move there. We don’t want it here. 

Term limits is common sense. Why limit the President to two terms but allow people to get elected to Congress indefinitely? Same with a flat tax. Congress doesn’t want it because it would limit their power. (See #2) Abortion is murder. Anyone who supports a woman having the “right” to kill a child in the womb is a murderer and should be treated as such. Further discussion of this topic will need a new thread. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, btex said:

1. SCOTUS agrees with me. Perhaps to prove how far left liberal my belief that mentally ill and felons should not have guns you can show the court cases and ALL the conservative judges who have ruled that mentally ill and felons should have guns. FACT is my stance is not a liberal dem stance and most in GOP agree with me. 

2. I believe trump is just as corrupt

3. We still have a free market yet cost still rise. The whole system is broken because the greed in the system. If your thought on this were true you should be able to go back and show the stability of cost in the past. What you will find is that companies in the 1970s started cutting back benefits for workers while at the same time the insurance industry started raising the cost and decreasing the benefit. 

Now you claimed I am a liberal dem yet failed to show it. I get it you HATE the fact I will defend the RIGHTS of groups you dont like, yet the Constitution was designed to protect the rights of ALL, not just the groups people agree with. A true Constitutionlist would defend people's right to peacefully protest, not what they are protesting. A true Constituionlist would defend freedom of religion, not IF they agree with that religion. 

#1. In 1973, SCOTUS legalized murder of the unborn, so forgive me for not feeling their decisions are infallible. Regardless of who appointed them, SCOTUS judges have been found to be corrupt as well. 

#2. He may very well be corrupt, but at least he is exposing the corruption in Washington, something we would have never seen under Hillary. 

#3. The insurance companies have helped to eliminate the free market from healthcare. They help the government make you pay for your healthcare before you need your healthcare. You might as well just send your doctor $250/ month whether you need him or not. Free markets means reducing the influence of government and the insurance companies in the healthcare system. What’s wrong with paying your doctor when you actually use him? It works with my auto mechanic. 

I don’t see you defending the rights of anyone. All I see is constant criticism of one guy who is turning the political establishment on its ear. I don’t hate anyone. I tend to agree with the late civil rights leader Medgar Evers “Half the people you hate don’t know it, and the other half don’t care.” Protest all you want. Just take a piece of friendly advice: avoid those idiots that stage their protests in the middle of highways when they come to Texas. Spoiled oilfield wives driving their husbands’ big jacked up trucks will not even notice when they run over you on their way to the nail salon. As far as your last point, I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, meaning I don’t care for religion. It gets in the way of a personal relationship with Him. If you want to discuss this point further, move to the “religious forum” and I’ll go in depth on it. 

15 hours ago, btex said:

Actually what you think is because I don’t sit back and allow the half truths and I defend EVERYONES RIGHT to the constitution and not just the people I agree with. My beliefs, as stated fall in line as an independent. If that offends someone I don’t really care. 

Lol all i've seen from you are half truth's.  Take that other thread for example that i'm no longer going to comment on without seeing a flight log.  You took a sentence out of an article stating "Trump apparently flew on the jet at least once" and turned it into "oh good,  i wonder what he has to say about Trump visiting as well."  Of course you were referring to a certain pedo's island.  That's a half truth if there ever was one.

10 minutes ago, btex said:

1. You are attempting to bring in two issues to cloud one. What I believe and said is not a liberal dem issue, something you just dont want to admit.

2. I dont disagree with you but I dont think he is exposing anything, increased scrutiny is. 

3. The issue is for many the cost is so high they instead put off going to the Dr. If someone can show me a plan that will stop the ridiculous increase in insurnace, medical, and pharm I am very much ready to listen but I believe the industry is so corrupt and greedy there is no simple answer.

Actually yes I have, I have defended the rights of protesters and religion and that is why some have such a clouded view. Heck years back I defended the right of the KKK to protest in South Carolina. Again a CONSTITUTIONLIST defend even the rights of those who they dont agree with. 

#1. You are putting SCOTUS’s opinion ahead of the actual Constitution. I’m simply pointing out that SCOTUS is wrong in many of their decisions, and using the legalization of infanticide as an example. 

#2. Who is the primary target of the increased scrutiny? You can’t put the POTUS under a microscope without shining a lot of light on Washington as a whole. And turning on the lights has caused a lot of cockroaches outside of the woodwork.

#3. Free markets, which give the consumer ultimate choice, will lower costs. It worked in this country for almost 200 years before the insurance companies and the government screwed it up. They didn’t think it would take this long to dupe people into accepting socialized medicine. 

Toot your own horn for defending the KKK all you want. I have a consistent track record of saying that the Constitution provides a clear blueprint for how this country should be run. You have half-truths and hatred for a sitting president. 

11 minutes ago, btex said:

You made a claim I was a lib dem based upon my policy beliefs, you have failed to show that. We can go back and forth over and over but unless you have evidence of MY BELIEFS being liberal dem in other threads fact is my beliefs are more right than left. Face it what our politics has become is either you agree lock step with the far right or the far left and if you dont you are not considered to be a Dem or GOP by many of their members. This is where we are and we see this on here daily. 

You would call Thomas Jefferson a far right extremist if he were here today, so I’ll consider that label a compliment coming from you. 

1 hour ago, btex said:

Actually based on his beliefs I wouldnt. Studied him pretty extensively and he is by no means a far right extremist nor a far left before you make that leap. That is for another thread though.

Jefferson was a primary author of the Constitution. He believed in limiting the powers of government., which would get him labeled a far right extremist by liberals today. Keep in mind, he likely had significant influence on the writing of many of the amendments, including the second, which didn’t make exceptions on “the right to keep and beat arms” for any reason. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btex said:

You are trying to place modern labels on past times when most everyone associated with the government of the new America would be conservative. Now based on history Jefferson was not conservative but was in fact the founder of the liberal Republican Jefferson party and Adams would have been the founder of the conservative Federalist party. Yes Jefferson believed in a small government, however most of the founding fathers believed in this due to just leaving a Monarchy. Adams wanted a strong military, Jefferson did not (saying it was a danger to have a standing army). I know you wont believe me but I would suggest you fact check me then. View it in the times of the founding fathers not trying to put it in modern times. Jefferson was much more liberal and I believe the GOP consistently uses the Federalist papers to back the conservative view. Jefferson never wrote in the Federalist Papers

You are correct in saying they favored smaller government. They believed in small government because they believed in individual liberty. The bigger government gets the more personal freedom the governed lose. You can’t have big government and all the pie-in-the-sky, cradle-to-the-grave nanny state programs that come with it (universal healthcare, welfare, etc.) and keep the personal freedoms that made this country great. The time period you live in is irrelevant. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Portland grand jury clears two in alleged 'MAGA hat' assault