๐Ÿˆ 2019 College Football pre-season thread

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

How do you see your teamโ€™s season playing out?ย A34BD4E7-15C6-4DF5-AB3D-ACA13C2B11E8.gif

Texas State WIN 1-0

Clemson LOSS, but possible upset 1-1

Lamar WIN 2-1

Auburn WIN 3-1

Arkansas WIN 4-1

Alabama LOSS, but possible upset 4-2

Ole Miss WIN 5-2

Miss State WIN 6-2

UTSA WIN 7-2

South Carolina WIN 8-2ย 

Georgia LOSS, possible upset 8-3

LSU WIN 9-3

Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU are the tough ones. Auburn is starting either a redshirt freshman or true freshman QB. Arkansas is always a tough one. If the Mississippiย teams stay in a state of downturn, that could be two wins. South Carolina is tough. Take care of those teams, hopefully get one or more of the tough ones and 8-4 at the worst, 9-3 or better is possible.

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

How do you see your teamโ€™s season playing out?ย A34BD4E7-15C6-4DF5-AB3D-ACA13C2B11E8.gif

Iโ€™m going 10-2. Iโ€™m veryย optimistic about Monds growth for year 2 in the system.ย 

Losses are clemson and Georgia. Big win against Bama at home this year for the upset.ย 

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

706F43FA-F431-423E-85CD-747084B478D4.gif

Houston: winย 
South Dakota:ย winย 
UCLA:ย winย 
Texas Tech:ย winย 
Kansas:ย winย 
Texas: n/a
West Virginia:ย winย 
Kansas State:ย winย 
Iowa State:ย winย 
Baylor:ย winย 
TCU:ย winย 
Okla. State:ย winย 
Big XII (Texas): n/a
Bowl: playoff berth

Season floor: 11-2, major bowl
Season ceiling: 12-1, playoff loss

My prediction?
I think we'll see almost a repeat of this past season: I think OU splits the series with Texas and backs into a playoff spot, losing in semifinals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKA said:

Houston: winย 
South Dakota:ย winย 
UCLA:ย winย 
Texas Tech:ย winย 
Kansas:ย winย 
Texas: n/a
West Virginia:ย winย 
Kansas State:ย winย 
Iowa State:ย winย 
Baylor:ย winย 
TCU:ย winย 
Okla. State:ย winย 
Big XII (Texas): n/a
Bowl: playoff berth

Season floor: 11-2, major bowl
Season ceiling: 12-1, playoff loss

My prediction?
I think we'll see almost a repeat of this past season: I think OU splits the series with Texas and backs into a playoff spot, losing in semifinals.

I could see that as well.ย 

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

ABD5CC7D-11D4-4D2A-928E-FF4B6968B36B.gif

10-2 or 11-1

It's Texas and OU in the big 12 and then everyone else. The Big 12 isn't that strong out of those two teams. Baylor and Iowa State might be decent.

I don't see Texas losing to both LSU and Oklahoma. I think they at least split.

48 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

10-2 or 11-1

It's Texas and OU in the big 12 and then everyone else. The Big 12 isn't that strong out of those two teams. Baylor and Iowa State might be decent.

I don't see Texas losing to both LSU and Oklahoma. I think they at least split.

I'm not going to count Oklahoma State a win until it happens.ย  Tired of losing to them every year.

@ Iowa State late in the year doesn't sound like fun.

@ Baylor could be sneaky, but they get OU at home the week before so we'll have to see how that game goes.

I'm cautiously optimistic @ TCU because it looks like the QB situation is a mess.

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I'm not going to count Oklahoma State a win until it happens.ย  Tired of losing to them every year.

@ Baylor could be sneaky, but they get OU at home the week before so we'll have to see how that game goes.

I'm cautiously optimistic @ TCU because it looks like the QB situation is a mess.

Baylor came dangerously close to beating Texas last year. I agree they are a game Texas fans should keep their eye on.ย 

Just now, WETSU said:

Baylor came dangerously close to beating Texas last year. I agree they are a game Texas fans should keep their eye on.ย 

I don't think they are that great defensively and think it wouldn't have been as close last year if Ehlinger doesn't go out the 1st series.ย  But yes, that game could be scary.ย  I'll definitely be watching the week before to see how it plays out with them and OU.ย  Last time OU went to Waco, Baylor nearly got them.

14 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I don't think they are that great defensively and think it wouldn't have been as close last year if Ehlinger doesn't go out the 1st series.ย  But yes, that game could be scary.ย  I'll definitely be watching the week before to see how it plays out with them and OU.ย  Last time OU went to Waco, Baylor nearly got them.

Oh I agree on paper the game shouldnโ€™t be close...

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I have us at 8-4 with a possible 9-3 or 7-5.ย 

Losses to Bama, Clemson, Georgia, and LSU. And then slipping up here or there against another team to get 7-5. Beating one of those four means 8-4.

Iโ€™m drinkingย the coolaid this summer. I think the defense will beย better than anticipated.ย 

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

I think Texas has the upper hand against OSU because they 1. Don't have a qb and 2. It's at home this year

I agree ISU will be tough on the road. They are sneakyย 

Baylor gameย was close last year because Sam wasn't playing. I was at that game and we played horrible. They are improved, but theirย defense is just not good.ย 

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think Texas has the upper hand against OSU because they 1. Don't have a qb and 2. It's at home this year

I agree ISU will be tough on the road. They are sneakyย 

Baylor gameย was close last year because Sam wasn't playing. I was at that game and we played horrible. They are improved, but theirย defense is just not good.ย 

They didnโ€™t have a QB last year.

• Mr. P changed the title to ๐Ÿˆ 2019 College Football pre-season thread