District 12-2A D1

SAWolfman

6 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Dave Campbell predicts San Augustine to win this district.  Pretty tough decision I would assume with all of the heavy hitters in this district. 

Thoughts?  Dont ask me who else is in this district...I forgot!

For the record, in 2018 this district finished: 

1. San Augustine 

2. Shelbyville 

3. West Sabine 

4. Groveton

5. Hull-Daisetta

6. Deweyville 

SA went to state semifinals where they lost to eventual state champions Mason. The other three were blown out in the first round by Tenaha, Joaquin, and Garrison, respectively. SA graduated two starters, and are the odds-on favorite to win Region 3 again. Shelbyville was very young as well. WS graduated the QB who carried the load for them. 

22 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

For the record, in 2018 this district finished: 

1. San Augustine 

2. Shelbyville 

3. West Sabine 

4. Groveton

5. Hull-Daisetta

6. Deweyville 

SA went to state semifinals where they lost to eventual state champions Mason. The other three were blown out in the first round by Tenaha, Joaquin, and Garrison, respectively. SA graduated two starters, and are the odds-on favorite to win Region 3 again. Shelbyville was very young as well. WS graduated the QB who carried the load for them. 

I expect Groveton and Shelbyville to fight it out for 2nd.  But, I still dont see 2-4 winning a playoff game.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Heard that SA scored 3 or 4 times against Beckville...and didnt let Beckville across their own 40.  

Your getting kind of old and your hearing is not as good as it used to be 😂.

SA district & probably region if they keep they key guys healthy, but they have depth 4 days.