Zeke Elliott Planning Holdout For New Contract

5 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Hmmmm…….. What could possibly go wrong in Mexico. 

Hope it’s a good vacation. Because....Jerry says this this morning and just now Dallas has signed Alfred Morris.7E385EA3-8D52-4C7B-B68E-6F256E21EF1E.jpeg

• Like 1

They say that Dallas is "Americas Team"

That must be true.........

Elliot is doing what is cool for Americans, pout and not be a team player.

NFL players are just playing for the money and not for the true spirit of the game and the fans.

I have washed my hands with the NFL(no future left). Owners have no balls and players are too greedy

1 hour ago, CaliforniaCornDodger said:

Of course it's true!! They ARE America's Team!! :mower:

If you Google America's team...it comes up Dallas Cowboys. :woot:

befb1081aef610e7157320eb4853e592.jpg

I'm all for the free agency and open market process. Get all you can and all that you think you are worth. If you are free to do so. 

HOWEVER...I can not agree with a player or person BEING UNDER CONTRACT that they agreed to and signed...WITH 2 YEARS REMAINING (1 yr arguably) ON THIS CONTRACT. 

You agreed & signed it...abide by it and honor it...period! 

When does the CBA have to be renewed? 2020? 2021? Players Association has already told the guys to stock money back but we all know how that goes. We seen how the PA caved and got a bad deal a couple years back when they locked out. Is Zeke’s team trying to be proactive and get his now before who knows what is coming down the line in a year or two? Dallas’ would take care of Zeke. It’s just to get there, Amari and Dak need to be done first. Amari to open up cap space, Dak to figure out the base line for the  next 6 or 7 years. Zeke is just the odd man out when it comes to next man up in the raise department.

16 minutes ago, Stoney said:

When does the CBA have to be renewed? 2020? 2021? Players Association has already told the guys to stock money back but we all know how that goes. We seen how the PA caved and got a bad deal a couple years back when they locked out. Is Zeke’s team trying to be proactive and get his now before who knows what is coming down the line in a year or two? Dallas’ would take care of Zeke. It’s just to get there, Amari and Dak need to be done first. Amari to open up cap space, Dak to figure out the base line for the  next 6 or 7 years. Zeke is just the odd man out when it comes to next man up in the raise department.

If that's the way Jerruh is going to play it, I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk when the time comes ... to me, Elliott has proven his worth to the team a lot more than either Prescott or Cooper ... Elliott IS a top tier NFL RB ... the other two haven't proven they are in my opinion ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I agree. But dont forget about Byron Jones and Jaylon Smith...both entering the last year of their contracts too. 

I’m not worried about paying Byron. Show me you can play like 2018 again and we’ll talk. If not, Anthony Brown could be a dependable CB2 with Chido sliding to CB1, Lewis and Jackson fighting for the slot.

Jaylon you can RFA tag at the end of the year. You can tag him and still work on a deal for the 2020 year and beyond.

8 hours ago, CaliforniaCornDodger said:

Elliot is doing what is cool for Americans, pout and not be a team player.

NFL players are just playing for the money and not for the true spirit of the game and the fans.

I have washed my hands with the NFL(no future left). Owners have no balls and players are too greedy

So did you do that when Emmitt Smith held out for a bigger contract in 1993, and Dallas lost the first two games of the season after leading the league in rushing the past two seasons ?   Emmitt became the highest paid running back 26 years ago by doing that.  Jerruh needs to shut up and pay Zeke.  

• Thanks 1

DD482CB0-5F3F-49E3-BB34-1D70A07CF008.jpeg $20m for a WR is absolutely nuts. There’s QBs barely beating him out salary wise. So if that’s the new market for a WR, what is Amari gonna get? This could make the Zeke deal a lot more interesting to watch.

51 minutes ago, Stoney said:

DD482CB0-5F3F-49E3-BB34-1D70A07CF008.jpeg $20m for a WR is absolutely nuts. There’s QBs barely beating him out salary wise. So if that’s the new market for a WR, what is Amari gonna get? This could make the Zeke deal a lot more interesting to watch.

Why does everyone always think that because 1 individual got X amount, that a precedent has been set for all players at that position to get the same?

Amari hasn't put up near the numbers Thomas has, thus Thomas should NOT be the example to determine what Amari gets. This is why the league is heading for another lockout. Because it's gotten to the point where every player believes they should be the highest paid player, even if their productivity doesn't justify it. 

• Like 1

If it came across that I meant Amari should get Thomas money, I did not mean that. Look at his career in Oakland versus 8 games in Dallas. Thomas is top tier. Amari isn’t second tier, maybe third tier. If tier one is $20m, is tier two $16 to $17 million? $15m for third? 

20 hours ago, bigdawg16 said:

Just get something done before my fantasy draft so i know what the heck the 1st round may look like !

In the two I was in the past two days he was taken second in both drafts with Saquon Barkley taken first in both.  People aren't scared to take him.  I would have drafted him in the 2nd round if he was there.  I waited too long on Kareem Hunt, he was taken one pick before me in the 10th round.  

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

If it came across that I meant Amari should get Thomas money, I did not mean that. Look at his career in Oakland versus 8 games in Dallas. Thomas is top tier. Amari isn’t second tier, maybe third tier. If tier one is $20m, is tier two $16 to $17 million? $15m for third? 

I'd wait to see how his numbers are this year.  He's not big enough to sign an extension with right now, and he's scheduled to make $13.924 million this year.  If he has a great season then pay him, but we've seen what happens when the Cowboys sign big extensions to receivers.  They drop off the planet with their stats, i.e. Austin and Bryant.  Dez isn't even in the league anymore.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Why does everyone always think that because 1 individual got X amount, that a precedent has been set for all players at that position to get the same?

Amari hasn't put up near the numbers Thomas has, thus Thomas should NOT be the example to determine what Amari gets. This is why the league is heading for another lockout. Because it's gotten to the point where every player believes they should be the highest paid player, even if their productivity doesn't justify it. 

It's because the agents control the market.  While Amari isn't the top of the WR chain, you consider what this deal does.  It sets that the top WRs are going to get roughly $20mil a year... then the next step down will be what top WRs used to get, probably $15-17mil range...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'd wait to see how his numbers are this year.  He's not big enough to sign an extension with right now, and he's scheduled to make $13.924 million this year.  If he has a great season then pay him, but we've seen what happens when the Cowboys sign big extensions to receivers.  They drop off the planet with their stats, i.e. Austin and Bryant.  Dez isn't even in the league anymore.  

Amari at $14m worries me. Julio Jones is $14m and Amari ain’t Julio. That’s why I was hoping his deal coulda got done early, to get that number lowered and help create money for Dak & Zeke. Is Amari gonna be Dallas Amari (very Miles Austin breakout year) or Oakland Amari(inconsistent)? If he’s gonna get in the $15m plus he’d better be the second coming of Drew and Michael.

On 7/30/2019 at 4:30 PM, DaveTV1 said:

So did you do that when Emmitt Smith held out for a bigger contract in 1993, and Dallas lost the first two games of the season after leading the league in rushing the past two seasons ?   Emmitt became the highest paid running back 26 years ago by doing that.  Jerruh needs to shut up and pay Zeke.  

Yes

Again, I don't give two cents about the NFL.

Too much greed, individualism, stupidity, egos, etc...........

Owners really own nothing. Players........., well the more they make, the more they feel they are above the law. Just watch the sporting news. Almost daily there is a story of some rich football athlete breaking the law and mostly, getting of the legal hook.

And to say my last words, the pro football dudes who retire and then go broke........ they make me sick when they go on TV and cry about how life ain't fair. Another definition of stupidity.

I am now off my soap box

I checked the depth chart for next year, and we need Zeke.  Darius Jackson is considered the #1 back right now.  https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DAL .  He's been waved twice by the Cowboys, once by Cle, and once by GB, and he's projected to be the starter ?  Our passing game will be non-existent without Zeke in the backfield.  I think he's the reason for the return to form of Amari Cooper.  Amari's numbers dropped off because he had a washed up back with Marshawn Lynch.  The two work hand in hand, and I don't care if it's the new offense of the NFL.  

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

Shocking new per ESPN but Zeke won’t play in 2019 without a new deal.

If he doesn't report by opening day, then trade him to someone that wants him.  We have control over him for the next two years, and I'd rather get something out of him than nothing.  They should either pay him now or start looking to trade him.  I'd want to trade him to whoever has the first pick in next years draft.  I'm seeing most have Miami finishing with the worst record.  I think he's worth at least a 1st, 2nd, and two late round picks.  I'd hope for two first round picks, and a decent running back to replace him this year, because we have a big bag of nothing with our running backs.  Alfred Morris is the only one with some experience, but he's 30 and not getting any younger.  

• 2 weeks later...