Zeke Elliott Planning Holdout For New Contract

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27420682/agent-elliott-irked-jones-zeke-quip 

Disrespectful? This guy. Trade him. I'm tired of dealing with Zekes issues. Ever since he's arrived in Dallas he's been nothing but a problem.

A number 2/3 type WR and a DE capable of being in the rotation, both signed thru next year, and I agree to a trade. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:12 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Or if he beats a woman or cop... your guy Zeke has issues man... real issues

stuff like this happens to alot of the good players in the nfl, just another girl wanting to get rich quick in my honest opinion, it was proven that she was not even around Zeke at that time, and no im not taking a side, if it happened it happened then my thoughts would be different, but it has been proven

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tigernationfan said:

stuff like this happens to alot of the good players in the nfl, just another girl wanting to get rich quick in my honest opinion, it was proven that she was not even around Zeke at that time, and no im not taking a side, if it happened it happened then my thoughts would be different, but it has been proven

I agree with you. The problem with Zeke is that he can't seem to stay out of the situations. Even if he is innocent. Are we going to put up with these shenanigans every offseason?

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I agree with you. The problem with Zeke is that he can't seem to stay out of the situations. Even if he is innocent. Are we going to put up with these shenanigans every offseason?

good point, and your right, I think Weber is doing a good job proving himself. I think once he gets tuned up we will be good

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cotton84 said:

A number 2/3 type WR and a DE capable of being in the rotation, both signed thru next year, and I agree to a trade. 

I'd want a 1st rounder included with that.  I'm talking a top 10 pick, and not something low.  Zeke has too much talent.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'd want a 1st rounder included with that.  I'm talking a top 10 pick, and not something low.  Zeke has too much talent.  

If anyone seriously thinks the Cowboys have another RB on their roster capable of filling in adequately for Elliott they need to put their crack pipe down ... maybe 50-60% but nowhere near Elliott's production ... Prescott will look like a 3rd year bust without Elliott lining up in the backfield ... the question is does Jerruh want to take a chance on digging a hole they can't get out of early in the season ...

• Like 1

Zekes agent and whoever else may be giving him advice need to wise up. The longer this drags out the worse it’s gonna get. Jerry’s comments, Zeke’s reactions, this is how trades get started. Stephen made a great point at Jaylon Smith’s signing today. Agents are looking at dollars and not necessarily a player’s ability to win championships. Dallas has a chance to have a talented young core for years. You can get paid but you also need to work and let your teammates get paid. Or you can go to Washington, get huge bucks and never win a thing.

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Zekes agent and whoever else may be giving him advice need to wise up. The longer this drags out the worse it’s gonna get. Jerry’s comments, Zeke’s reactions, this is how trades get started. Stephen made a great point at Jaylon Smith’s signing today. Agents are looking at dollars and not necessarily a player’s ability to win championships. Dallas has a chance to have a talented young core for years. You can get paid but you also need to work and let your teammates get paid. Or you can go to Washington, get huge bucks and never win a thing.

That's why Jerruh and Stephen better wise up and realize which cog in the wheel is the most important .... they aren't going anywhere without Elliott .... Prescott and Cooper can be replaced a lot easier than Elliott ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

45 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

That's why Jerruh and Stephen better wise up and realize which cog in the wheel is the most important .... they aren't going anywhere without Elliott .... Prescott and Cooper can be replaced a lot easier than Elliott ....

I can't say for sure, but I will say this.  If Zeke does hold out into the regular season, and the Cowboys start out 2-5 or 0-3, it will prove Zeke's worth.  I know Jerry was in the oil bidness, and he likes to take risks.  I can't even say with Zeke in the fold we can make it to the NFC Championship Game, but I know we'd make the playoffs.  All I know is I'm nervous about going into the season without him in the backfield.  I saw some promise with Michael Gallup last year, and we need a back that will put fear in defenses.  I know we have a decent line, but it's nowhere like it was three years ago.  Can Pollard put fear in defenses to open up the passing game ?  I see too many variables.  

The Cowboy's offense is anemic without Elliott in the backfield .... Prescott will have way too much pressure on him if they can't run the ball effectively ... we have seen how the offense flounders without him ... in the words of Bum Phillips, "it ain't funny" ....

17 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

WHAT?? You do realize running backs don't stay in the league very long. They can easily replace Elliot because of his value. 

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

WHAT?? You do realize running backs don't stay in the league very long. They can easily replace Elliot because of his value. 

To the contrary, top tier RBs like Elliott are hard to come by ... for the exact reason you cited, he needs to get paid ... he is in his prime and should be paid like a top tier NFL RB ... he can't afford to wait and see if Jerruh is going to pay him 2. 3, or 4 years down the road ... he might not be worth top dollar then ... for the exact reason you cited, he has to strike while the iron is hot!  They would be better off replacing Prescott and saving tons of money than screwing around and losing Elliott ...

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Zeke hasn't been injury prone, and the way he runs he rarely takes a direct hit.  As shown by the fake sighting of Zeke, he's not huge for a back, but he's not small either.  I was amazed at Emmitt Smith's longevity in the league, but he rarely took a direct hit either.  The one time it set him back in the goal line block against the Bears.  I have always said that was a turning point in his career, because he ran differently and blocked differently after that.  Until Zeke has that type of moment, run him and run him some more.  Earl could have lasted longer in the NFL, but he wanted to put a hurting on some people.  I would compare Zeke to Franco Harris in the way they avoid heavy hitting contact.  

As I said earlier the Cowboys have the cards with Zeke, but he does have a wild card if and only if the Cowboys start of to a bad start.  That will be the only thing that he has hopes in getting his contract reworked.  

20 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Le’veon got 4yr/$52.5m. Gurley got 4yr/$57.5m. $13m-$14m a year. What about a Jaylon Smith deal for Zeke? 5yr/64m at about $12.8m?

That would be a good offer as long as it had a good portion guaranteed.  I think Jertuh needs to do a deal with Prescott and Elliott at the same time, but Prescott would need to come down off his high horse and take a lot less than he is wanting ... if Jerruh goes stupid and gives Prescott 40 million a year, they probably won't be able to afford Elliott and Cooper ...

Of course Prescott may think if he gets paid 40 million a year he can take a pounding for 2 or 3 years even if they never make the playoffs and retire rich ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Zeke hasn't been injury prone, and the way he runs he rarely takes a direct hit.  As shown by the fake sighting of Zeke, he's not huge for a back, but he's not small either.  I was amazed at Emmitt Smith's longevity in the league, but he rarely took a direct hit either.  The one time it set him back in the goal line block against the Bears.  I have always said that was a turning point in his career, because he ran differently and blocked differently after that.  Until Zeke has that type of moment, run him and run him some more.  Earl could have lasted longer in the NFL, but he wanted to put a hurting on some people.  I would compare Zeke to Franco Harris in the way they avoid heavy hitting contact.  

As I said earlier the Cowboys have the cards with Zeke, but he does have a wild card if and only if the Cowboys start of to a bad start.  That will be the only thing that he has hopes in getting his contract reworked.  

I don't question Zekes size and ability. I stood next to him at a New Year's Eve Party in Dallas. I'm 6'2 and was head and shoulders taller than him, but he's a really good back. In fact, I really like watching him play.

But he is another suspension waiting to happen. Every offseason we get issues with him. I've always been critical of Jerry, but he's done a lot to for Zeke and Zeke has 2 years left on his current contract with a possible tag after that, but Jerry's being disrespectful? My thing is, do you keep dealing with his immaturity year in and year out? You look at other backs in the league and you can find names that could easily replace him without the headache.

15 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

To the contrary, top tier RBs like Elliott are hard to come by ... for the exact reason you cited, he needs to get paid ... he is in his prime and should be paid like a top tier NFL RB ... he can't afford to wait and see if Jerruh is going to pay him 2. 3, or 4 years down the road ... he might not be worth top dollar then ... for the exact reason you cited, he has to strike while the iron is hot!  They would be better off replacing Prescott and saving tons of money than screwing around and losing Elliott ...

I don't disagree necessarily, but Zekes problems are off the field. I don't think you replace Prescott or Cooper, but I definitely don't think Dak is worth more than $30 mil. I would say around $28 mil. The only reason he's asking for more is because of what Carson Wentz goes for. And believe it or not, Daks stats are better than Wentz's 

8 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I don't question Zekes size and ability. I stood next to him at a New Year's Eve Party in Dallas. I'm 6'2 and was head and shoulders taller than him, but he's a really good back. In fact, I really like watching him play.

But he is another suspension waiting to happen. Every offseason we get issues with him. I've always been critical of Jerry, but he's done a lot to for Zeke and Zeke has 2 years left on his current contract with a possible tag after that, but Jerry's being disrespectful? My thing is, do you keep dealing with his immaturity year in and year out? You look at other backs in the league and you can find names that could easily replace him without the headache.

He's 6' and probably weighs in the 240's right now.  I just hope he's staying in or getting in shape on his own.  I never said Jerry was being disrespectful, but making poking his ribs the wrong way, but that's the youth of today that think like that.  I think there need to be clauses in his new contract with heavy fines for any off the field issues that lead to suspensions.  

6 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think that's a solid offer, but I can see Zeke counter offering.  That's just how bidness works, and then meet somewhere in the middle with violation clauses.  

Jerruh knows which side of the bread needs to be buttered  ... he's not going to give Prescott a ridiculous contract and leave Elliott hanging going into the season ... I expect they will come to terms on a new contract in time for the season opener  ...

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Jerruh knows which side of the bread needs to be buttered  ... he's not going to give Prescott a ridiculous contract and leave Elliott hanging going into the season ... I expect they will come to terms on a new contract in time for the season opener  ...

I've seen the Cowboys receiving corps ranked as high as #10 by 247 Sports, but how it's that high is beyond me.  Amari Cooper had a solid year after joining the Cowboys then what ?  Michael Gallup is entering his second season, and he showed some promise last year, but not enough to be considered a threat even with single coverage if Amari gets double teamed.  Then we have Randall Cobb.  He hasn't had a great year since 2014.  There's a reason Green Bay didn't bring him back.  Tavon Austin could be used in the slot, but even he can't be relied upon.  How old is Jason Witten again 64 ?  I heard that on a satire site, but who knows if Witten will even contribute much this year.  I know we have a few young TE's that could have break outs, but that won't be proven until they hit the field.  I can't really say.  All I know is the first 5 games will determine many things barring injuries in the 2019  campaign for the Super Bowl.