Zeke Elliott Planning Holdout For New Contract

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think that's a solid offer, but I can see Zeke counter offering.  That's just how bidness works, and then meet somewhere in the middle with violation clauses.  

Definitely should be some clauses to keep him out of Vegas and off parade floats. Still only 24, so you hope that maturity will catch up to him. 

33 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I've seen the Cowboys receiving corps ranked as high as #10 by 247 Sports, but how it's that high is beyond me.  Amari Cooper had a solid year after joining the Cowboys then what ?  Michael Gallup is entering his second season, and he showed some promise last year, but not enough to be considered a threat even with single coverage if Amari gets double teamed.  Then we have Randall Cobb.  He hasn't had a great year since 2014.  There's a reason Green Bay didn't bring him back.  Tavon Austin could be used in the slot, but even he can't be relied upon.  How old is Jason Witten again 64 ?  I heard that on a satire site, but who knows if Witten will even contribute much this year.  I know we have a few young TE's that could have break outs, but that won't be proven until they hit the field.  I can't really say.  All I know is the first 5 games will determine many things barring injuries in the 2019  campaign for the Super Bowl.  

Amari worries me the most out the guys needing to get paid. Is he the guy we saw in Oakland or Dallas? Gallup could be a solid WR2 or WR3. He could have a really good year this year. Cobb was cheaper than Beasley but is Cobb done or just needed a change of scenery? After that what do you have? Noah Brown? Devin Smith? Tavon Austin? Jalen Guyton and Jon’vea Johnson are looking more and more like practice squad guys. Is Jarwin/Schultz gonna be your goal line to red zone TEs, then bring in Witten? Witten be the 3rd down TE? 

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

He's 6' and probably weighs in the 240's right now.  I just hope he's staying in or getting in shape on his own.  I never said Jerry was being disrespectful, but making poking his ribs the wrong way, but that's the youth of today that think like that.  I think there need to be clauses in his new contract with heavy fines for any off the field issues that lead to suspensions.  

Sorry, I didn't mean you were saying he was disrespectful, I was referring to what his agent said. I agree with you on that. Isn't he already being fined for not being at practice? Thought I read that somewhere.

And this kind of nonsense is why I don't care about pro football anymore. I am beyond tired of hearing guys who get paid millions upon millions of dollars to play a game whine about money. 

Thank God I live in Texas, where REAL football is played on Friday nights right up the road from wherever you're at by players who put in the work and play the game with true passion. For $5 a ticket.

29511047_158957764919434_4017361928584134485_n.jpg

11 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Sorry, I didn't mean you were saying he was disrespectful, I was referring to what his agent said. I agree with you on that. Isn't he already being fined for not being at practice? Thought I read that somewhere.

Allegedly.  Rarely do they ever fine players for holding out, especially if they are top tier players.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Allegedly.  Rarely do they ever fine players for holding out, especially if they are top tier players.  

What was it? $40k a day for him missing practice? Dallas won’t impose it. These guys gave Randy Gregory $300,000 in the offseason with the knowledge that he’d be suspended. They take care of their guys.

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

This guy is out in left field ... if Jerruh takes his advise, the Cowboys will struggle to get a wild card spot ... and Dak will look like a retread back up.  That said, I do believe Elliott should have taken the offer ... he's probably not going to get a much better deal ....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Just need to go ahead and give him a little more than Gurley. Make him the highest paid rb. He’s the best rb anyways. We don’t have much of a chance without him. That being said, I would have lots of strings attached to it. The organization has a right to do that based on his past. 

Yes. I think they are close  ... surely Jerruh isn't going to let this drag on past the season opener  ...

12 hours ago, SloppyJoe said:

Not sure he's worth what they signed him to already. If I bought a truck and they raised the price 40% after I made 6 or 7 payments, I'd prolly go another route.

FB_IMG_1566699803352.jpg

He's arguably one of the best 2 or 3 backs in the NFL and isn't paid like the others and you think he's over paid now?  Yea, sounds about right ...

You either keep up with the going rate, or someone else will be glad to take him off your hands ...

I guarantee you Dak and Jerruh both are sweating bullets at the possibly of starting the regular season without him  ...

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

He's arguably one of the best 2 or 3 backs in the NFL and isn't paid like the others and you think he's over paid now?  Yea, sounds about right ...

You either keep up with the going rate, or someone else will be glad to take him off your hands ...

I guarantee you Dak and Jerruh both are sweating bullets at the possibly of starting the regular season without him  ...

He is not just not honoring the amount of his contract but the length before renegotiating.  If they cave now they better get used to it.

56 minutes ago, SloppyJoe said:

He is not just not honoring the amount of his contract but the length before renegotiating.  If they cave now they better get used to it.

It's been done dating back to Duane Thomas.  Don Perkins and Calvin Hill have been the only starting featured running backs that never held out.  That's just modern day football. 

Numbers don't always tell the true story. A running back that makes it to the Superbowl (Gurley) isn't going to always  have the same numbers, or as many carries, as a RB who is on a team that goes one-and-done. If you paid him two years before his contract expires would he honor it until it was negotiating time, or just until he decides he wants a sweeter deal?

I guess we'll see what Pollard can do.  If he can put up 100 yards rushing and the Cowboys are winning then I say let Zeke rot and rescind the contract offer.  The Cowboys have him under contract for two years, and then can designate him with the franchise tag.   If not we will need him in the backfield quick.  It's a serious gamble, but the Cowboys have offered him enough.  James Connor had a good year with the Steelers, and why they stood pat with Bell.  Both sides are taking a big risk, but Jerry showed that he was willing to fold with the second largest contract for running backs.  He needs to stick by it if Pollard can handle the job.  

• Like 1

I like Pollard. If Dallas could find a RB to pair with him (like the Saints did with Kamara/Ingram) you could have something. If Zeke plays, Pollard will be a fun piece to watch Moore use against the defense.

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

@KirtFalcon @DaveTV1

Jordan Chunn, Darius Jackson and Mike Weber are a part of today’s cuts. That leaves Tony Pollard, Alfred Morris and fullback Jamize Oliwale as the only backs on the 53 man roster. Zeke’s deal is coming some time soon.

I thought it was hilarious that when I first looked at the Cowboys depth chart they had Darius Jackson as the starter.  That was a big swing and a whiff.