Zeke Elliott Planning Holdout For New Contract

17 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I thought it was hilarious that when I first looked at the Cowboys depth chart they had Darius Jackson as the starter.  That was a big swing and a whiff.  

McClay does a good job of finding cheap talent. Jackson could have been a decent RB3 or RB4 for someone.

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

McClay does a good job of finding cheap talent. Jackson could have been a decent RB3 or RB4 for someone.

He had already been with the Cowboys before, and he's bounced around the league.  They should have already known what he could bring to the team.  I think he was just in camp for tackling practice for the defense.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stoney said:

you should follow Mike Fisher from 105.3 The Fan on Twitter.  He breaks most of the Cowboys stories.  ESPN always tries to conflict his stories then comes back and is like "well, they really are working on a contract extension."  Or with the Dak thing, he reported first that the Dak camp asked for $40 mil.  Several reporters tried to argue with it then it came out that he did ask for that.  He is worth the follow if you are a Cowboy fan...

And as a Saints fan, it sickens me that I know more about the Cowboys than I do the Saints.... the curse of living in DFW I suppose.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

you should follow Mike Fisher from 105.3 The Fan on Twitter.  He breaks most of the Cowboys stories.  ESPN always tries to conflict his stories then comes back and is like "well, they really are working on a contract extension."  Or with the Dak thing, he reported first that the Dak camp asked for $40 mil.  Several reporters tried to argue with it then it came out that he did ask for that.  He is worth the follow if you are a Cowboy fan...

And as a Saints fan, it sickens me that I know more about the Cowboys than I do the Saints.... the curse of living in DFW I suppose.

Fish is a must follow for any Cowboys or Mavs fan. He was about the only one pumping caution yesterday with Zeke’s contract getting done.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:49 PM, Stoney said:

One possible way the Cowboys could pay Zeke, still have room to pay others and be able to walk away if the tread starts coming off the tires later on down the road.

https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/63m-cowboys-way-make-elliott-nfl-highest-paid-rb-ever

FE7FA0E9-394B-4C9A-9027-1F175F2F9A13.jpeg

Joey's chart above shows the answers. This contract allows Zeke to eclipse Gurley in total money for the largest running back contract ever, ($63 million in new money), total guaranteed money ($46.35 mil) and for the most money guaranteed at signing, ($25.95 mil).

This contract does, however, back off from the "Gurley as the ground floor'' sentiment expressed by the Joneses as it regards APY. It falls short of Gurley's number ($14 mil) by putting Elliott's average per year at $12.6 million.

From the team side, this contract increases his cap hit in 2019 by $2.2 mil, but reduces his 2020 cap by $400,000 and his projected 2021 cap by $1 million -- meaning that for the next three seasons, Zeke's cap impact is essentially the same under the new deal as it would be with an option and a tag, and leaves the Cowboys the ability to move on after 2021 with only $4.4 mil in dead money, or after 2022 with only $2.2 mil in dead money.

This will be the last big contract Zeke signs, so he'd better make the best of it.  All the details of his contract have yet to be published on what they will really be, so I can't talk about that without knowing what the numbers are if he declines.  I also would want to know what clauses are in his contract in regards to OTF incidents.  I don't see him 100% until the 4th game, but I hope he just doesn't get injured in the first 3.  I'd work him in, and give Pollard some touches to ease him back into NFL game days.  I also want to see how the Cowboys can possibly sign Dak and Cooper.  What I saw today they only have $20 million under the cap right now.  

Joey/Fish’s Prediction vs Zeke’s Actual Deal

2019- $10.1m, $6.3m

2020- $8.7m, $10.9

2021- $10.65m, $13.7m

2022- $12.6m, $16.5m

2023- $14.5m, $15m

2024- $14.3m, $12.6m

Joey/Fish’s prediction ( $63m, $46.3m guaranteed)

Zeke’s actual deal ($90m, $50m guaranteed)

Zeke’s new deal is basically a 4 year, $50m with a option in 2023 that will cost Dallas $9.3m in dead cap but save them basically $50m in cap room.

Sportrac has Dallas with $22.4m in cap room for 2019, including the new Zeke deal. In 2020, Dallas has $78m in cap room. That’s without a Dak and Amari deal. Byron Jones. Robert Quinn. Randall Cobb. Jason Witten. Sean Lee. Maliek Collins. Anthony Brown. Blake Jarwin. Dallas has room to lock up Dak and Amari and still sign their core teammates. 

Dallas under Stephen Jones and Will McClay are setting this thing up for a long haul run. Dallas has their o-line locked up until 2024. Zeke until 2023. The defense is young and pretty much under control. Garrett is the only question. He’s either the answer or he’s not. If he’s not, somebody is inherit inheriting a top 5 team.

47 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Sportrac has Dallas with $22.4m in cap room for 2019, including the new Zeke deal. In 2020, Dallas has $78m in cap room. That’s without a Dak and Amari deal. Byron Jones. Robert Quinn. Randall Cobb. Jason Witten. Sean Lee. Maliek Collins. Anthony Brown. Blake Jarwin. Dallas has room to lock up Dak and Amari and still sign their core teammates. 

Dallas under Stephen Jones and Will McClay are setting this thing up for a long haul run. Dallas has their o-line locked up until 2024. Zeke until 2023. The defense is young and pretty much under control. Garrett is the only question. He’s either the answer or he’s not. If he’s not, somebody is inherit inheriting a top 5 team.

I've thought Red Clapper should have already been gone.  With the talent we have even with possible TE issues (which I don't think there is) we should contend for a Super Bowl this year.  Anything less, and I would fire him.  Either this is the team that can do it, or he simply can't put a game plan in order with his coordinators.  No NFC Championship game, and I'd get rid off the entire coaching staff, unless major injuries happen on many fronts.  We have the offensive power locked, and the defensive power locked and loaded.  If they can't fire, then it is on the coaching staff.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Joey/Fish’s Prediction vs Zeke’s Actual Deal

2019- $10.1m, $6.3m

2020- $8.7m, $10.9

2021- $10.65m, $13.7m

2022- $12.6m, $16.5m

2023- $14.5m, $15m

2024- $14.3m, $12.6m

Joey/Fish’s prediction ( $63m, $46.3m guaranteed)

Zeke’s actual deal ($90m, $50m guaranteed)

Zeke’s new deal is basically a 4 year, $50m with a option in 2023 that will cost Dallas $9.3m in dead cap but save them basically $50m in cap room.

The $103 or 90 million figure is just smoke and mirrors .... I heard it being discussed on the radio this morning and they were saying he will never see more than the $50 million guaranteed money ... he won't last that long, or they won't keep him that long ...