👁️ Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube = Big Brother

Wild74

I promise not to say it for the next three years, like I have heard it, over and over again.

Google determined that Epstein's methodology was flawed, and their CEO DID appear before Congress. https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-google-congress-pichai-20181211-story.html

Just because Breitbart, which is flagrantly not a reliable news sources doesn't show up as a dominant search choice doesn't mean Google is biased. It means that legitimate news sources are chosen first, no matter how loud 'conservatives' yell. Should PJ Media be a top pick or a rant from Alex Jones?

10 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I promise not to say it for the next three years, like I have heard it, over and over again.

Google determined that Epstein's methodology was flawed, and their CEO DID appear before Congress. https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-google-congress-pichai-20181211-story.html

Just because Breitbart, which is flagrantly not a reliable news sources doesn't show up as a dominant search choice doesn't mean Google is biased. It means that legitimate news sources are chosen first, no matter how loud 'conservatives' yell. Should PJ Media be a top pick or a rant from Alex Jones?

Epstein also defended his methodology, too. He explained the methodology in the video above.

And I'm not talking about Sundar Pichai (who I believe lied to Congress).I'm talking about those higher up the chain.

I agree as well, but when it runs contrary to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution then I would tell them to leave our country too.  If you don't like the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence then don't become a citizen.  I have no problem with amending the Constitution to become twain with the Declaration of Independence, but if they don't mesh, don't amend it for progressive sake.  

Make fun of any politician you wish, it's been done since the days of George Washington that many forget when they thought the American people were more civil in discourse.  They even had duels see Alexander Hamilton vs. Aaron Burr.  That practice has since been outlawed, but was legal at the time.  Believe it or not.  

1 minute ago, SideTracker said:

Are you certain you truly understand the point the author is making?

I’ll take that one step further: the First Amendment was intended to protect the citizenry from the government’s tendency to censor, silence and control what people say and think.

Having lost our tolerance for free speech in its most provocative, irritating and offensive forms, the American people have become easy prey for a police state where only government speech is allowed. You see, the powers-that-be understand that if the government can control speech, it controls thought and, in turn, it can control the minds of the citizenry.

This is how freedom rises or falls.

Americans of all stripes would do well to remember that those who question the motives of government provide a necessary counterpoint to those who would blindly follow where politicians choose to lead.

We don’t have to agree with every criticism of the government, but we must defend the rights of all individuals to speak freely without fear of punishment or threat of banishment.

Great post. Sir.

5 hours ago, GunnyHighway said:

Its just funny. All these MAGA cult members spoke out against out government policies and President 3 years ago! Now these same people think people who speak out against out policies and president should leave the country because they "Hate America".

That folks is just stupid hypocrisy.

I give them the right to speak their minds, and I have the right to tell them if they don't like it here to leave.  I don't see anyone of them being deported.  That's free speech.  

On 7/18/2019 at 10:54 AM, BarryLaverty said:

Why, Monte, I have heard it repeatedly, actually endlessly stated that no manipulation of the media, social or on other platforms, could possibly have had ANY impact on the 2016 election. Of course this was said in response to alleged Russian interference or influence through bots and fake websites, so it might be the truth, because Lord knows no one helped the current WH occupant. 

The supposed votes for Hillary came from a Democrat.  I'm not buying it.  She was the front runner from the start, until the beginning of election day, and then it fell a part for her.  Of course she was going to win the popular vote since most of the larger cities are drawn to the left for some unknown reason.  I would guess it's because they are not truly self sufficient so they are dependent on the Government.  I didn't vote for Trump because 1) I didn't like him as a human being, and still don't. 2) I felt he was a Democrat running as a Republican 3.  He spoke like a third grader. 4.  He lied and attacked Sen. Ted Cruz.  I saw no Russian collusion.  The person that also made this claim is basing it on an improbable as well, saying it's based on percentages of people that would, but not actually who did vote for Hillary because of it.  That would be similar to me saying that 5 million of Trumps votes were from Democrats or Independents that don't believe that a woman should be President.  Can we truly know that number ?  No.  I couldn't even come up with a number for those that wouldn't vote for a woman today, except one guy and he's 78 years old.  I realize that is his generations mindset.  Am I going to condemn him for it ? No, because he's a good person in almost all aspects of his life.    

Inquiry signals Barr’s deep interest in tech sector, poses threat to companies such as Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple: https://archive.fo/3D7Rb
Inquiry signals Barr’s deep interest in tech sector, poses threat to companies such as Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple: https://archive.fo/3D7Rb

WASHINGTON—The Justice Department is opening a broad antitrust review into whether dominant technology firms are unlawfully stifling competition, adding a new Washington threat for companies such as Facebook Inc., Google, Amazon.com Inc. and Apple Inc.
The review is geared toward examining the practices of online platforms that dominate internet search, social media and retail services, the department said, confirming the review shortly after The Wall Street Journal reported it.
The new antitrust inquiry under Attorney General William Barr could ratchet up the already considerable regulatory pressures facing the top U.S. tech firms. The review is designed to go above and beyond recent plans for scrutinizing the tech sector that were crafted by the department and the Federal Trade Commission.

And after the hearing on Google bias last week (I believe it was) where a Hillary Clinton Supporter basically said he thought, through his research, that Google swayed up to 15 million votes toward HRC, I wonder if our Democratic friends on here will call for Google to be investigated for election meddling, too.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

And after the hearing on Google bias last week (I believe it was) where a Hillary Clinton Supporter basically said he thought, through his research, that Google swayed up to 15 million votes toward HRC, I wonder if our Democratic friends on here will call for Google to be investigated for election meddling, too.

Not a chance in Hades of that.....🔥👹

Yes, I know she's a Democrat. But if she's suing Google for "election interference" because her campaign's ad account has been suspended, isn't that worth looking into?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tulsi-gabbard-sues-google-alleging-election-interference-after-dem-debate/ar-AAERruo?li=BBnbcA1

Makes me wonder who the Google Big-Wigs want to win. I'm guessing Biden, Warren, or Harris.

Google keeps saying things like, "without bias toward any party or political ideology".

And to paraphrase "The Princess Bride": They keep using that phrase. I don't think it means what they think it does.

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA—At a special press conference held at the technology giant’s sprawling campus Tuesday, Google engineers revealed exciting new technology that autocorrects any errant thoughts its users are having, replacing them with positions approved by the company.

Utilizing advanced retinal scan and proprietary telepathic scanning technology, the new automatic thought correction algorithm is now live for users of Google’s search engine, Android operating system, Chrome OS, and the hundreds of other apps and services the company provides.

“Let’s say you start thinking there may be some kind of inherent biological difference between men and women,” Google employee Ryan Vo said in a live demo of the new tech. “Immediately, the thought suggestion program in any nearby Google device, app, or service will scrub the idea of inherent gender differences and replace them with the sure knowledge that there are at least three hundred different genders in existence, and always has been.”

“Google will begin rebuilding your mind, piece by piece,” he added to the cheers and applause of the tech bloggers and industry professionals gathered.

According to the spokesperson, Google is also utilizing crack teams of ex-military personnel to round up anyone who resists the new technology, taking them to a new portion of Google’s campus known as the “Department of Love” for questioning, reconditioning, and re-introduction into civilized society.

At publishing time, a jealous Mark Zuckerberg had put his best programmers on the job of attempting to reverse-engineer Google’s new thought correction algorithm for use on his own social network, sources confirmed.

I totally agree Google, etc are doing their very best to persuade the American people to vote Dem, however, the folks still have to make that conscious decision to vote Democrat.

I completely get what he’s saying and agree it is swinging votes blue, but people still have to purposely go vote.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On December 10, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey announced the launch of a research team called Bluesky to help address the social media-enabled ills that have become so very evident to the public. Given the lack of internet regulation, many innovators and entrepreneurs created their own walled garden companies. But platforms such as Twitter are no longer fun and carefree — and neither are social media users. And it appears that Dorsey is tired of gardening.