#4 Gunter @ #5 Daingerfield Aug 30th

EastTxFinest

Tigers vs Tigers  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Daingerfield Tigers
    • Gunter Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, LSUTIGERS said:

You only have 4 consecutive years of HS eligibility whether it starts in 8th or 9th grade.

You’re saying what I’m saying. If you fail 8th grade you either play up the next year or you’ll be ineligible your Sr. Year. I hit 5 instead of 4.

6 hours ago, randomuser said:

I have no dog in this fight but eligibility actually starts in 8th grade. Including your 8th grade year you have 5 years of eligibility. I haven’t read the ins and outs of the kid you’re speaking of but that’s the UIL rule. Along with turning 19 after September 1st. Unless it’s changed because my son had a September birthday and I studied that rule for red shirt purposes.👍🏻👍🏻🏈💯

A few years ago the UIL changed it to where you have 6 years after starting 7th grade.  Reason was certain schools were redshirting a lot of 7th graders for athletic purposes. 

Did they change it back to 8th grade and 5 years ?

5 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

Dang 22 pages and hardly a peep out of Gunter.  Whatcha got Gunter?

Well we haven't lost a regular season game since 2015.  47-2 in our last 49 games.  This is a new year and you guys will be a challenge.  I won't be shocked if you pull it off but I can guarandamteeya the Gunter Tigers will fight like a wounded animal.   We hate losing and don't plan on it.

6 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

Well we haven't lost a regular season game since 2015.  47-2 in our last 49 games.  This is a new year and you guys will be a challenge.  I won't be shocked if you pull it off but I can guarandamteeya the Gunter Tigers will fight like a wounded animal.   We hate losing and don't plan on it.

I agree with everything you said. Tradition is what gives players the heart that makes you keep fighting and winning.  Losses are hard to take. No schools team wants to be the one taking that first loss.   If Daingerfield executes, they will win,  giving you your first reagular season loss in 4 years or so.  I know it's not going to be easy. Your kids are tuff as nails.  It's going to be a battle to the end.  Can't wait till Friday. Yall have a safe trip.

48 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

A few years ago the UIL changed it to where you have 6 years after starting 7th grade.  Reason was certain schools were redshirting a lot of 7th graders for athletic purposes. 

Did they change it back to 8th grade and 5 years ?

That was the last I know, 5 years starting with 8th grade but 7th with 6 isn’t bad. But then again I was going off my son. He graduated in 2010 so I’m talking about that time. That’s when I researched it hard.

8 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

We've broke a few streaks before. Why not again 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

lol...I got in ‘85. What are the key matchups Friday night, any idea?  Not much Gunter talk here but that’s kinda the norm for them I think. 

Its week 1. They're all key lol. It kinda sets the tone for the season imo. Gunter folks dont slang on the keyboard much that's for sure. Atlanta vs Gilmer may be a good one for week 1 too

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You talking about Celinas streak? Y’all had McFarland. This guy is no McFarland. 

Not sure which one he is referring to, but I know for sure with bowman in 08 we ended celina home win streak which was ridiculous then.not 100 percent for sure but I think it was like 5 years at home they hadn't lost.