#6 John Tyler (5A D-I) vs. John Horn (6A D-II)

cujoforlife

On 9/1/2019 at 12:18 AM, Grainraiser said:

Maybe I need to clarify. Hudler is in his 7th year, He was O-Line coach for 5 years and the D-Coordinator last year. He is in his first year at head coach. Coach Wheeler is the only other coach who has been on the Horn staff for more than a year. Our OC a few years (Robert Hall who was QB when Carter won state and played at Tech) quit to be a personal QB coach. Our former DC is head coach at North Mesquite and he took the secondary and D-Line coach with him. Our QB coached moved over to Mesquite. Our head coach retired and our secondary coach last year moved over to Coppell. Hudler and Wheeler are the only coaches on Horn staff who have been there more than a year. Coach Hudler was not Horn's first choice. A well known coach wanted the job but was not allowed to bring in his own assistants so he turned the job down. We were all surprised because the majority of the coaching staff had been at Horn for a year. We should not have had any loyalty to them. This and the difficult schedule we had last year is the reason the team fell apart last year. No one at Horn knows what to expect this year because he have no idea how the coaching staff is going to work out. The offense last year was the worse we have had since 2006. Beating JT was a good win but we still have no idea what to expect this year.

I'm so confused on this coaching situation...lol.  But it doesn't matter now.  Congrats to Horn on win.  Good luck on rest of the season.

10 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

As I was watching the game, Crawford was literally three steps from scoring three more TD’s. 1) on that one step out of bounds that was call back to around the fifty. 2) where he had two identical runs on the outside of the tackle, one he tripped a blockers leg, and the other seemed like he tripped over his own feet. I feel like he would have taken them to the house.

Crawford was beasting but we can’t rely on him the whole season if we wanna best highland park. Gotta open up the passing game and let ford get more comfortable with throwing

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Crawford was beasting but we can’t rely on him the whole season if we wanna best highland park. Gotta open up the passing game and let ford get more comfortable with throwing

No doubt, looking for a lot of that against Lee.

l like to watch other teams philosophy on their game plan, especially new or frist time head coaches. Just another little something I noticed Horn was doing. On punt return, they chose to hold JT at the line instead of rushing the punter.