50 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out
    • Marshall in a blowout
    • Too close to call

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

14-7 Lee at the half. 

Was an ugly half TBH.  Very sloppy.  Lots of mistakes.   We are lucky to be in the game.  

Not gonna use the weather, the delay, or the wet field as an excuse.  

Was just ugly football. 

Mavs receive the kickoff in the 3rd. 

Offense had 4 turnovers.   

Defense couldn’t stop the 2 plays Lee had in their playbook  

Missed PAT.  

Flags costing drives and field position.

We got three weeks to work it out.  

————

ill see you all in 2 weeks. 

Heres my take for what its worth. Too much preseason hype and the players bought into it. Griedl doesnt have control of the team, they dont respect him. The JJ saga during the off season disrupted any possible team continuity. There is a real chance this could be a dumpster fire before district even starts. And not because of lack of talent.

IMHO.... 

We lost the game on 4 turnovers. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

We gifted Lee 2 easy scores and robbed ourselves of at least 1 .... maybe 2 scores. 

Cant give opponents the ball that deep in your own territory.  

And you most certainly can’t get inside your opponents 10 and come away empty handed. 

Those turnovers killed any and all momentum we had every time.

I bet an 0-3 start will wake them up.  One would hope. 

Anyhow.  I’ll be on and off this weekend. Then I’ll be gone until September 7th. Maybe the 8th. 

Hold down the fort for me. 

0-3 is almost a certainty. It is going to be VERY interesting to see if the staff can keep morale up going into district. I can tell you this from sitting in the stands around parents. They dont back Griedl. Last year if Mathis jumped on them they backed him but tonight when this coach did it they werent having it. Take that for what you will. I may be opening a can of worms but facts are facts. He may be better off letting coach Randle handle that and stick to calling plays. And i was shocked when a fan yelled out they are only running 2 plays why cant you stop them and griedl turned around took off his headset and handed it out towards the guy like come get it if you can do better. Rookie move, you cant let yourself get distracted like that as hard as it may be.

3 hours ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Lee scores opening drive on 50 yd jaunt. 7-0

So...if this is supose to be "red out" night then why are we wearing black which isnt even a school color?

I wouldn't care if we came out wearing vivid tangerine if it meant playing better than we did tonight

19 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

0-3 is almost a certainty. It is going to be VERY interesting to see if the staff can keep morale up going into district. I can tell you this from sitting in the stands around parents. They dont back Griedl. Last year if Mathis jumped on them they backed him but tonight when this coach did it they werent having it. Take that for what you will. I may be opening a can of worms but facts are facts. He may be better off letting coach Randle handle that and stick to calling plays. And i was shocked when a fan yelled out they are only running 2 plays why cant you stop them and griedl turned around took off his headset and handed it out towards the guy like come get it if you can do better. Rookie move, you cant let yourself get distracted like that as hard as it may be.

Wowww