50 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out
    • Marshall in a blowout
    • Too close to call

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

Really sloppy game on all sides. We have to protect the football and we can't continue to hurt ourselves with penalties setting up 3rd and forever.  We also have to be able to make adjustments to stop 2 run plays up the middle that seemed to get 6-7 yards a carry.

This was a very winnable game but you're not going to if you're playing against yourselves as well.

There's a lot of football left to be played and as long as we correct a lot of things before district, we'll be fine.

The Mavs got embarrassed. I think I spent more time shaking my head tonight than cheering. 2 people on the field have got to be able to lead the team; the HC and the QB. I didn't see leadership from either of them. Fans were all over the HC and actually got in his head. The Real Mavfan said it, too much hype and not enough action. How they respond from this butt whooping will let us know who the Mavs really are this season; an old beat up Pinto or a Corvette that just had a little water in the gas tank. 

*see yall in another 5 years or so...I'm out!

46 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

So was this more so lee being really good or Marshall having a bad game?

From listening to the Lee broadcast, when MavChamp says that Lee literally had two plays on offense that they were running....he's being spot on. And Marshall could not stop them. At all.

One of Marshall's touchdowns was a complete how the heck did that even happen type of situation as well. 

I thought it'd be close at half then Marshall would run away with it. But wow oh wow.

• Thanks 1

It was a bad game. Not the end of the world. 

Lee was gifted a TD when we fumbled on our own 22 on our first drive of the game. 

We repeated that feat to open the 2nd half by fumbling on our own 23. 

That was 14 points we GAVE away on turnovers.  Lee only had 27 points..... and we GAVE them 14. 

Next drive.... we are in the Lee red zone and get intercepted.  Just stole 7 points from ourselves.

Got in close again and didn’t cash in. 

Now I’m not a mathematician..... but you read all that.... and this game was lost on turnovers.

Easily should have been 21-14 Mavs.  Probably 28-14.  

Coaches don’t fumble.  Coaches don’t throw interceptions.   

Now.... don’t get me wrong.  The coaches are culpable in this debacle too.  But they didn’t give away 14 points and steal another 14 from themselves.  

JMHO. 

That #4 ranking clearly went to their heads.  I don’t think we respected Lee and they punched us in the mouth.  The fact that they did it with a vanilla offense is disheartening.  

Nothing vanilla about the offenses of our next two games.  

Patton is a D1 athlete and I guess they thought he was gonna roll over and play dead.  Wrong.  

Our Oline.... just as I feared and stated early in this thread.....struggled against Lee’s defensive front.  

Same with our defense line.  Lee was blowing us off the line of scrimmage.

Lee’s size tore us up on both sides of the ball all night long TBH.  Just as I feared it would.  

Luckily.......there won’t be any offensive or defensive lines that big in 9-5A.  But there will be after that.....

Lee has beef across both lines.  We had no answer for either.  

Our tackling was pretty atrocious.   That’s fixable.  

Bad snaps.  All night.  We’ve suffered through that no matter who the center is, who the QB is, or who the head coach is for at least 5-6 years.  It’s fixable.  But sheeeesh.   

Discipline/penalties. We had very little of one and too much of another.  

Back to the drawing board.

———————- 

0-3 is a distinct possibility.  Not going to say it’s inevitable.... but based on game one,  hard to not imagine.  

I think everyone in 9-5A loses to Lee in a game.  But that’s no consolation.  Interested to see how Lee and Nac look in 2 weeks.  

Not giving up on this team or this staff based on ONE game that had some pretty extenuating weather circumstances.  

Take our lumps in non district and enter the games that count battle tested.  

Hard to talk smack after losing to a team that likely will be lucky to win 4 games this season (prove me wrong Lee)..... 

But this tweet is..... I don’t even know what to say about it 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, randomuser said:

Wow, bunch of nut huggers turning on the new HC after 1 game? Just wow. That’s why it’s hard to find a good head FB coach in East Texas. The stands are always smarter.

That's what I was thinking. Dang. Y'all been talking him up all off season (and probably rightly so) Then gonna bail on him the first game...

I was shocked to see that the Mavs lost. But they still are a huge favorite in that district  

15 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

That's what I was thinking. Dang. Y'all been talking him up all off season (and probably rightly so) Then gonna bail on him the first game...

I was shocked to see that the Mavs lost. But they still are a huge favorite in that district  

Im not bailing at all.  

Games start counting in 4 weeks. 

Keep working.  Get better. 

We will be fine. 

Late night getting home from a memorable game.  Everyone sees thing from their own teams perspective, but I did think the Lee defense played better than it has in years.  We have been really slow and soft for the last 8 years.  I know Marshall fans see mistakes and turnovers, but if you take away 3 big scramble out of your mind passes, this could have been a shutout for the Lee D.  Our offense was pretty vanilla, as usual.  Was surprised the Mavs couldn’t get someone on our Qb in the second half.  I do agree the Mavs seemed a little overconfident and may have expected the same soft Lee.  We have to get a passing game by District.  Every year we see 8 in the box and don’t know how to deal with it.  Good luck to Marshall the rest of the season.  I always enjoy the rivalry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, R E LEE said:

Late night getting home from a memorable game.  Everyone sees thing from their own teams perspective, but I did think the Lee defense played better than it has in years.  We have been really slow and soft for the last 8 years.  I know Marshall fans see mistakes and turnovers, but if you take away 3 big scramble out of your mind passes, this could have been a shutout for the Lee D.  Our offense was pretty vanilla, as usual.  Was surprised the Mavs couldn’t get someone on our Qb in the second half.  I do agree the Mavs seemed a little overconfident and may have expected the same soft Lee.  We have to get a passing game by District.  Every year we see 8 in the box and don’t know how to deal with it.  Good luck to Marshall the rest of the season.  I always enjoy the rivalry.

You're right, we had 3 very fortunate plays for touchdowns. Also the long pass that set up our 1st touchdown was a right place at the right time catch off a tip drill.

Lee's defense I thought played very well. It seemed like they were in our backfield as soon as the ball was snapped disrupting almost every play. Good luck to Lee as well from here on out!

Nobody is bailing on him. Except for maybe a few of the players parents. Of course im not going to mention names but i know for a fact that some of them didnt like the hire from the beginning and threatened to transfer out before even giving him a chance. And if the parents are talking then you know the players are hearing it. I sincerely hope he can pull this team back together because the talent is there. He needs to keep his mind out of the stands and stay off of social media. And we need a leader to step up on the field. There is no reason we shouldnt go undefeated in district and hopefully that carries over into postseason.