Dish Drops Fox Sports Southwest

blesseddaily

Streaming TV is cheaper. Streaming services are indeed cheaper to subscribe to rather than paying Dish or Direct but when you figure in your internet service fees, are you really saving money? Yes, if you live in town like my son, you can get pretty good internet for around $30, but where I live you would have to spend roughly $80 for decent internet and then another $26 for Sling. 

Question is.... does anyone even care anymore?  The Pro coverage for FSSW is abysmal.

The Texas Rangers have mostly been unwatchable for 2-3 seasons.  Or longer.

Dallas Mavericks are terrible.... and have been irrelevant for almost a decade now.

Dallas Stars have been mostly awful the last decade.

FC Dallas who?

They don't show any Cowboy games....but they do pre game and post game.  And Long suffering Cowboy fans like myself realize how mediocre Dallas fans have been most of the last 20 seasons.

Yeah.... pro sports in Dallas have been in the dumps lately.

Mark Cuban seems content with not having a winner.

Jerry Jones can't stay out of his own way to keep Dallas mediocre.

FC Dallas who?

Rangers seem hapless under Jon Daniels.

Only the Stars seem interested in building a winner.

Dallas has become Houston when it comes to Pro Sports.  

UGH.

FSSW would be better off becoming a TXHSFB only network.  lol.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Question is.... does anyone even care anymore?  The Pro coverage for FSSW is abysmal.

Dallas Mavericks are terrible.... and have been irrelevant for almost a decade now.

FC Dallas who?

They don't show any Cowboy games....but they do pre game and post game.  And Long suffering Cowboy fans like myself realize how mediocre Dallas fans have been most of the last 20 seasons.

FC Dallas who?

UGH.

Last time i checked the Astros won the world series a couple years ago.... The Rockets are 10 times better then the mavericks and Houston Texans have been better then Dallas Cowboys imo for a while now.... Houston is slowly moving up while dallas is moving down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

FC Dallas who?

FC Dallas who?

UGH.

Hey don’t insult my Houston teams like that!!! 

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Last time i checked the Astros won the world series a couple years ago.... The Rockets are 10 times better then the mavericks and Houston Texans have been better then Dallas Cowboys imo for a while now.... Houston is slowly moving up while dallas is moving down

But those teams are rarely on FSSW. They are on FoxHouson. 

FSSW has garbage programming. 

• Like 1

About the only thing I like is the High School Scoreboard on Friday nights. I love to see all the scores from all over the state...the only bad part of that is I have to hear and look at Big Hair Rick Rennae (sp) He must have something on one of the execs of the network or something...he is absolutely horrible.

3 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

About the only thing I like is the High School Scoreboard on Friday nights. I love to see all the scores from all over the state...the only bad part of that is I have to hear and look at Big Hair Rick Rennae (sp) He must have something on one of the execs of the network or something...he is absolutely horrible.

I have always wondered how Renner got that job on FSSW ... He sure didn't get hired for his broadcasting ability.  He has to be kin to some big wheel or something at FSSW.  He's terrible ....

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I was talking about you sayin dallas is becoming houston... Houston teams are better then dallas teams and have been for awhile now

On 7/27/2019 at 8:56 PM, lionpride08 said:

I was talking about you sayin dallas is becoming houston... Houston teams are better then dallas teams and have been for awhile now

The Texans are the Cowboys step children!!!

Who do you want to be your baseball guy the great John Danial’s or some guy named Nolan Ryan? So yes Astros are the winners there. 

and who cares about the Not Basketball Association? 

• Stinks 1

54 minutes ago, JV_COACH said:

Who do you want to be your baseball guy the great John Danial’s or some guy named Nolan Ryan? So yes Astros are the winners there. 

The Cowgirls lead the series 3-2...not close to being step children!! Now, without a doubt the Cowgirls SHOULD be dominating, like they should have a better record against everybody they play with the talent they have, but with Jerry J. coaching from on high they will never be as great as they should be...and the Rangers are barely a triple-A level team and will battle the Mariners for the basement...again...and the Rockets will battle for another championship this year. Sooooo overall, Dallas sports teams are, by far,  the step children of the Houston sports teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

Lmao i take it you hate basketball but its still the truth... Not even close with the cowboys being the only exception by a close margin... Houston sports teams are better then dallas over all and have been for awhile

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, Mavchamp said:

FC Dallas who?

FC Dallas who?

UGH.

I don't watch pro sports that much, but what about high school and the state championship games.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, Mavchamp said:

FSSW would be better off becoming a TXHSFB only network...

Hey, real talk...  if they went all-in on Texas high school games they could absolutely own the market. For a state like Texas to not have comprehensive statewide TXHSFB coverage is just criminal. Don't tell me there's no money in it. 

Yeah yeah, the UIL, whatever. That's what lobbying is for. Start throwing money around and the UIL will stand down. They always do. 

• Like 2