How long has it been since you missed a game? Consecutive attendance streaks.

Mavchamp

Obviously.... life happens and sometimes people have to miss games.  

But surely some folks on here have got some actively long streaks of attending games without missing a game.

What's yours? 

I'm almost embarrassed at how long my streak is...... might be a sign of me having no life. LMAO.

And go!

I've been attending Marshall games since I was carried in a baby seat.  Attended several enuetero.  LMAO.  

I honestly don't remember most of those early games....but my dad swears he had a streak that lasted him well over 20 years before his streak was broken.  And I was always with him.

I've attended 386 consecutive  Maverick games since 1984.

Last game I missed was Marshall Vs. Lawton, Oklahoma..... game was in OK.  My dad couldn't get off work early enough to make the game.

So my last missed game was September 21, 1984.

My current streak began on September 28, 1984.

• Thanks 1

I love to hunt almost as much as I love high school football so I miss a few games here and there being at the deer lease.  However, I will have someone's football game in the radio at the lease.  I started catching every game of Hughes springs around 2011 after I became self employed.  Now we've lived/worked in gilmer for the last three years so we've been catching their games mostly instead of hs.

9 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Have not missed a single Lufkin Panther Home or Away game since 1996. Don't know how many games that would be, never checked. Have had same season tickets at ABE since 1988.  

Now that’s a streak I can really appreciate!!!  Impressive!   

Like I said above.... my current streak is 386 consecutive Maverick games since 1984 including home, away, neutral non district games, and playoffs. 

Unless a few other streaks have been broken.... I recall a couple of Mav fans that had streaks dating back to the late mid to late 70s.   They aren’t spring chickens anymore.... so I’m not sure those are still current. 

I know a few others that date back to the late 80’s and early 90s.

For what it’s worth.... I’ve had a couple of close calls that I thought was going to end my streak. 

1996 Vs Dallas Kimball Bi-District layoff game.  Bride got cold feet and delayed the wedding by 2 weeks.  Close call!

1998 Vs Evangel.  Luckily the minister at an Aunt’s funeral was short winded. Sat down about 3 mins before kickoff for a 2PM game.  Bless that pastor. 

2005 Vs  Pflugerville Connaly state semifinal playoff game.  Couldn’t get anyone to work a night shift for me.  Had decided to call in sick (don’t judge me).  Ended up getting called off because census was low.  

2006 Vs Cypress Woods at Prigeon Stadium.  Car was delayed getting out of the body shop.  Both fan busses were sold out.  Ended up riding down with my uncle who’s son played for Cy Woods.  

2012 Vs Pine Tree.  I had basically lost the will to live....lmao.  We were at PROGRAM lows in just about every category imaginable.  We had just gotten throttled by MP the week before 63-14.   The thought of watching us lose to PT and suffer our first 0-10 season in program history was more than I could bear.  But I forced myself to go.  We beat PT 49-29 in our lone victory of the season.  Lesson learned.  NEVER give up on YOUR program.  No matter how low it goes.  I’ve since  repented.  And the upward trajectory since then has been a lovely and exciting ride!

2018 Vs Longview.  It was a close call.  The Caribbean was calling and it looked like missing the game was inevitable (not that I was going to miss much).  But a last second schedule change bumped us to our bye week.  Got lucky.

————

I’m excited at the prospect of maybe hitting the 400 consecutive game streak this season if we can advance to the quarterfinals.  We shall see.  If not..... next season.

I have a week in September that’s being problematic and could put the streak in jeopardy. But I’ve learned.... it usually works out!

Go Mavs go!!!

Mav, you made me go back and count.  The number is exactly 280 in a row.  That averages out to 12.1 games per year.  I will never catch you because I'm a lot older than you. There have been just a few close calls for me along the way, not as many as your situations.  The truth is, all streaks end at some time and that's okay.  I admire your durability and dedication.