How long has it been since you missed a game? Consecutive attendance streaks.

Mavchamp

I have two sons that are two years apart. Being in the military was tough during their football days.  I never missed a game until my younger son was a senior playing at Waskom. I got orders to go to the Middle East toward the tail end of the Desert Storm/Desert Shield gulf war.  I missed his entire senior season, but got to see all the game films when I got back home.  It was the toughest football season of my life ....

Jacksonville — I don’t have a streak because of two games..... since 1982, we’ve had 402 games, I have missed two. Did my 400th game on the radio last Nov 2018.... so 400 of the last 402 games since Sept 1982. 

4 hours ago, CaliforniaCornDodger said:

Hallsville people should be all over this topic.

There is a man there who has/had a streak of 40+ years of never missing the Bobcats.

Not real sure where he stands now.

Longest that I've ever heard of.

I believe his last name is Hunt and if I got the story right, he even missed his daughters wedding to attend a game.

Thomas Richardson at Hallsville probably has/had a long streak. 

5 hours ago, CaliforniaCornDodger said:

Hallsville people should be all over this topic.

There is a man there who has/had a streak of 40+ years of never missing the Bobcats.

Not real sure where he stands now.

Longest that I've ever heard of.

I believe his last name is Hunt and if I got the story right, he even missed his daughters wedding to attend a game.

Unless they have been broken...... I know of a couple of Maverick fans that are probably in the 40 year range of never missing a game.

My dad had a 22 year streak going until the Cypress Woods game back in....2006?  He's still got a home game streak that dates back to the early 80's.  But some of those long road trips have kept him from a continual streak for a while now because of his work.

I recall being at a Lobo game a few years back and they recognized a group that had something like a 20-30 year streak (or more) of games.

Every fan base probably has a few.

I'm thrilled to have my streak...... although it may come to an end this September.  Guess I'll start another 30 year streak the following week.

21 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m not sure how soft he was or is on his players, but in his defense it’s not like it use to be. UIL has some pretty strict guidelines. He may go above and beyond their restrictions. I agree with you though. I do hope he keeps it up though lol. Y’alls offense is potent.  Helps us your defense isn’t tough. If that changes we in for a long night. Take it easy bud. 

The guildlines UIL has changed on contact practices he dont even use that time for contact, i surely hope he finally recognizes EF needs to be physical to go beyond the first round of the playoffs but if he dont, SOFTNESS will again be the story of the EF Jackets.  

Mike Baughman, who is a history buff of Henderson Lions football, has a streak of 462 straight games of attendance.  He is also the voice of the Lions on the Henderson radio station and has been in that capacity since 1981.  The last game that he missed was the final game of the 1977 season.  If that is not the best in East Texas it certainly should be in the top 3 !

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's 5 games since 1975!  Three of those, I was in hospital, one at a wedding out of state (against my will!) and for one, I was at a grandkids's volleyball game because her parents were out of town and the distance between the volleyball gym and the football field was over 60 miles.  I hate having volleyball games on Fridays because it's rush, rush, rush to get to football games if they play in different towns. In smaller school districts, our volleyball players are sometimes our cheerleaders and we don't have a large student population to choose from.  I've seen parents hustling out of gyms these last few years so their daughters can make it to the varsity games on Friday nights to cheer.  I've also seen parents with sons and daughters have to drive like mad to get from the volleyball gym to the football field.  I don't like this setup. It doesn't help the small districts, IMO.