Jacksonville ISD GIves Big Pay Raises

bignasty

DUH to you too. Just saying all schools benefit from the new House Bill.   Lufkin teachers get about $6200 more per year added after a 3% raise last year.  Yes, every district is different.  Wasn't dismissing Jacksonville raises.  People get so damn touchy about stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

Thank you all, we have great school leadership here in Jacksonville. Everyone in education will benefit. Want to thank my neighbor Sen. Robert Nichols for helping get this passed. Educators deserve every single thing they can get. Tough profession these days. 

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Yea to Jacksonville teachers. Yea, to all Texas Public school teachers statewide.  They deserve every penny of the raise they are getting.

4 hours ago, PackAttack said:

DUH to you too. Just saying all schools benefit from the new House Bill.   Lufkin teachers get about $6200 more per year added after a 3% raise last year.  Yes, every district is different.  Wasn't dismissing Jacksonville raises.  People get so damn touchy about stuff.

Agreed.  Everyone should be happy. 

Marshall ISD is giving teachers a district raise on top of the state monies. 

Raise may be as “low” as $5,500 and as much as $7200..... depending on their step scale. 

Congrats to JISD!   But I think happiness abounds across the state for educators unless their ISD is trying to commit political suicide. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Agreed.  Everyone should be happy. 

Marshall ISD is giving teachers a district raise on top of the state monies. 

Raise may be as “low” as $5,500 and as much as $7200..... depending on their step scale. 

Congrats to JISD!   But I think happiness abounds across the state for educators unless their ISD is trying to commit political suicide. 

I know of one that is using part of the funds for facilities improvement!!!! 

21 hours ago, PackAttack said:

That’s mostly Jacksonville people. Their radio guy is very sensitive too. Must be in the water up there 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

20 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Yea to Jacksonville teachers. Yea, to all Texas Public school teachers statewide.  They deserve every penny of the raise they are getting.

This!! Mother was a teacher for over 30 years. They deserve it. 

15 hours ago, DoubleTeam said:

Since the insurance company knows teachers have new money, their ins will be going up. 

Yessir, insurance takes the whole raise usually plus some. There’s been years where I got a 4% raise and by the time insurance went up I was making less than the year before.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

On 7/31/2019 at 3:02 PM, Pack007 said:

That’s mostly Jacksonville people. Their radio guy is very sensitive too. Must be in the water up there 

Still trolling, I see, Pack. Leave it to you turn a positive post into an opportunity to show who you are. 😏

On 8/2/2019 at 7:29 PM, Matt said:

Still trolling, I see, Pack. Leave it to you turn a positive post into an opportunity to show who you are. 😏

Thankfully, no one needs to attend every argument they are invited to ... each has his own set of experiences to base his opinions on ... and we should be careful not judge others based on our own experiences.

Mine: 

Starting my twenty-seventh at J'Ville and my forty-third in the educational bizness. This is my sixth stop along the journey, most as a coach. Like all districts, the challenges are many – but so are the benefits – and I don't mean money.  Over the years, I have been through fifteen different principals and thirteen superintendents. Some  were good,  some were tolerable, and a few not so much of either - it comes with the territory.

What Jacksonville has that most other districts don't is a feeling of family - community, yes; but mostly by campus.  It's hard to explain and may be a foreign concept to some educators who are out there now. Each day can be very challenging – but it is not without its rewards. I could have retired long ago, but I choose otherwise. I've got two kids in the business of whom I am extremely proud – and on the first day of the school year I am always amazed that I have grandkids older than some of the “new” teachers.

I don't think kids have really changed much over the last four decades. What has changed is how adults have chosen to deal with them. Kids are still kids – if they are sure what you want; sure what your expectations are for them in the educational setting, then 99% of them are going to do what they are supposed to do. The secret is not to let the 1% ruin your appreciation for the other 99%. That being said, we should be also reminded of the story when someone left the 99 to go find the lost 1. And there are many of us out there who are glad that He did. Us one percenters are very grateful to the Shepherd for his search.

So bring on #43 - I have outlasted TABS, TAAS, TECAT, TAKS, and others with letters I can't even remember. And there's a good chance I may outlast STAAR. But what I'm really hoping for the most is to outlast Dan Patrick.

learning.jpg

If you haven't found one yet ... never give up looking.  Life is about fit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

UGH..... Dan Patrick.

The scourge of public education in Texas.

Yes. When it comes to "Lt. Dan," it's not a matter of Republican vs. Democrat. It's about what's best for Texas. Patrick is bad for Texas.