Scrimmages before first game

lionpride08

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Legacy School of Sports Sciences the last game of the regular season? Wut? Lol I thought y’all played TK Gorman at the very beginning last year. Did they drop y’all?

I never heard of them, don't even know where they are located.  I don't know why we dropped Gorman either, or if they dropped us ... I need to stock up on some bug spray for those yeller jackets though  ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I never heard of them, don't even know where they are located.  I don't know why we dropped Gorman either, or if they dropped us ... I need to stock up on some bug spray for those yeller jackets though  ...

Per Google, they are a 6-12 charter school located in Spring, Texas that opened last summer to approximately 400 students. The school was started by the wife of former Detroit Lion Reggie Brown, who suffered a career ending injury in only his second season. Considering what Garrison brings to the table, Legacy kids are going to feel like they’re wearing milk-bone underwear, provided they didn’t get a bunch of “transfers” from around Houston. 

Legacy will have athletes.  Parents who want to get their kids out of Spring ISD and other surrounding areas enroll their kids there. Not sure they can compete with Garrison. But I wouldn’t take them lightly.  They will have athletes.

TKG dropped teams off their schedule and went the route of independent affiliation because i lack of numbers i believe. All Saints did similar to West Rusk a few years ago. I recall either not seeking a fill in game or not finding one and having 2 bye weeks that season.

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Those were some pretty good games with TKG; never thought they should have been, but they were close! Weird not playing the second year of a 2-year schedule.

Put your bug spray away! You won’t need any in September. I’ll bring some extra dog collars though. You like the kind with spikes or prefer something with bling?....leash included, too, of course! 😂 🤣

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

Those were some pretty good games with TKG; never thought they should have been, but they were close! Weird not playing the second year of a 2-year schedule.

Put your bug spray away! You won’t need any in September. I’ll bring some extra dog collars though. You like the kind with spikes or prefer something with bling?....leash included, too, of course! 😂🤣

I think we played TKG either 2 or 3 years in a row. I wouldn't get too close with one of those shiny collars, might get a hand chewed off ...

• LOL! 1

40 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

TKG dropped teams off their schedule and went the route of independent affiliation because i lack of numbers i believe. All Saints did similar to West Rusk a few years ago. I recall either not seeking a fill in game or not finding one and having 2 bye weeks that season.

Surprises me that TKG didn’t have the numbers to remain in TAPPS with Brook Hill and Grace. They have been somewhat competitive recently, and even won a state championship in the early 90s. I guess having that many private schools in the Tyler area that maybe it was bound to happen eventually. AND that’s the risk a public school runs scheduling with a TAPPS school. Alto had BH on the schedule for two years a few years back, but Brook Hill is growing. All Saints and TKG....maybe not as much.

7 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Surprises me that TKG didn’t have the numbers to remain in TAPPS with Brook Hill and Grace. They have been somewhat competitive recently, and even won a state championship in the early 90s. I guess having that many private schools in the Tyler area that maybe it was bound to happen eventually. AND that’s the risk a public school runs scheduling with a TAPPS school. Alto had BH on the schedule for two years a few years back, but Brook Hill is growing. All Saints and TKG....maybe not as much.

Saw on Tyler news story about TKG that they only have 15 kids playing football in the whole high school this year. Only 2 letterman returning due to graduation and many transferring.

2 hours ago, Baller23 said:

Saw on Tyler news story about TKG that they only have 15 kids playing football in the whole high school this year. Only 2 letterman returning due to graduation and many transferring.

Wow, 15? That’s surprising. Wonder what their middle school numbers are. Hope they can get them back up! They have had a good program over the years.