Winnsboro vs Winona

BoyzNdaHood

Winnsboro vs Winona   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

51 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

90 kids means they got kids out of the halls and onto the practice field that chose not to play before.  Perhaps they were basketball or baseball only.  Some were move ins.  So only Winnsboro knows if there are some “stud” athletes in that mix or not.  But you are wrong on your prediction.  Winnsboro will beat Mineola and WO and upset one of the four district favorites to get the 4th playoff spot.

Ok correct it means they got kids out of the halls. But what if they aren't football players? just like Nick said if they are just bodies it doesn't mean anything to the people they are playing against is all I am saying!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theprodigy said:

Ok correct it means they got kids out of the halls. But what if they aren't football players? just like Nick said if they are just bodies it doesn't mean anything to the people they are playing against is all I am saying!

I guess you will have to wait and see what those extra numbers will bring.  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

Winny JV is very solid. Winona had some good looking kids just couldnt get anything going. The John Tyler transfer is a big dude  and made some plays defensively but didnt really get any action on offense. 

Ok thanks for the info, looking for a good game tomorrow... drive safe down tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Good game from the Raiders. Still plenty to clean up and work on but overall a very good start to the season. Great crowd traveled tonight as well. Lots of excitement. Looking forward to the next one.

Congrats on the W, alot of respect for what yall have going good luck going forward 

• Like 3

@JETT I was very impressed with some of the players for Winona last night but they just couldn't put it together. In my opinion, the Wildcat formation with the little guy was the most effective. Ultimately they just made too many mistakes and had too many self inflicted mishaps. #8 did not get the ball near as much as he should have and the qbs weren't able to make enough good throws. If they had something going they would turn the ball over or have multiple penalties that would push them back. 

Winny also had plenty of mistakes themselves that occasionally pushed them behind the chains. They were able to move the ball fairly well but the Wildcats did a pretty good job of not giving up too many big running plays. All the backs for Winny looked good and ran hard. The backup qb came in in the second half and did very well with a beautiful pass down the middle. Will see how that situation plays out moving forward

15 minutes ago, chevyman said:

@JETT I was very impressed with some of the players for Winona last night but they just couldn't put it together. In my opinion, the Wildcat formation with the little guy was the most effective. Ultimately they just made too many mistakes and had too many self inflicted mishaps. #8 did not get the ball near as much as he should have and the qbs weren't able to make enough good throws. If they had something going they would turn the ball over or have multiple penalties that would push them back. 

I agree, the new coach has brought life to yalls program, yall filled the bleachers and brought a ton of energy to the game, on the other hand our program isn't moving up we run a lame offense, I never liked our O its fairly easy to stop.... I look forward to keeping up with the raiders this season and watching how the season plays out.... 

Jett like we said last year discipline just makes talent better. You can win on talent but it's not going carry you against other talented alone. I think that what makes Gunter a good team. DF probably has better talent but Gunter just stays discipline and keeps doing what they have been taught. It happens to a lot of teams. We are talking about 15 and 16 year  old kids. Plus some coaches are better at getting the point cross. 

3 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Winona has talent, but it’s not real coachable, and the community does not want coachable kids. They got a good coach and the Admin is good people. But unless the expectations of the parents for kids behavior and attitude change, not much else a coach can do

Agree 

3 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

Jett like we said last year discipline just makes talent better. You can win on talent but it's not going carry you against other talented alone. I think that what makes Gunter a good team. DF probably has better talent but Gunter just stays discipline and keeps doing what they have been taught. It happens to a lot of teams. We are talking about 15 and 16 year  old kids. Plus some coaches are better at getting the point cross. 

Couldn't have said it better myself