💥 Battle over the Second Amendment

RETIREDFAN1

Firearms Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Universal Background Checks for all gun sales and transfers?

2. 2. Do you support expanded screening for prohibited buyers to include persons with violent mental health history?

3. 3. Do you support reinstating the 1994 assault weapons ban?

Personally, they should be enforcing them already, but we know how all states are with "federal" laws. Some follow, Some don't. But the United States has had a background check since at least 1998. 

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/07/gun-background-check-nics-guide/

I was always taught, and still teach, State laws "trump" local laws, National laws "trump" State laws and local laws. 

So why are states NOT enforcing the laws of the nation? 

I am not sure that believe in individual sales, person to person, as required to do background checks on people. Imagine the logistical nightmare that would present. Individuals calling the federal governments database. Heck, the federal government can't tie its shoe without a ton of paper work, imagine a private citizen trying to get a background check on a person. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

I can sell whatever I want to ANY person I please.  

If the person commits a crime with that weapon, then you are just as liable.  I'd be careful who I was selling any weapon to person to person including some of my relatives.  Well, just one right now, but that's another story.  

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

I am not sure that believe in individual sales, person to person, as required to do background checks on people. Imagine the logistical nightmare that would present. Individuals calling the federal governments database. Heck, the federal government can't tie its shoe without a ton of paper work, imagine a private citizen trying to get a background check on a person. 

Exactly, and that could be abused by many that would use that information against someone if they wanted to.  That opens up too much of a can of worms.  The only way I could see it happening is if the Government granted permission or denied permission to sell without providing any details why.  The person attempting to buy should know why, and be able to find out the reason in case their record is tainted by something that was mistakenly added to their background history.  

18 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

If the person commits a crime with that weapon, then you are just as liable.  I'd be careful who I was selling any weapon to person to person including some of my relatives.  Well, just one right now, but that's another story.  

I don’t believe this is true. We covered the law on another thread and it was clear that you had to know the others intent to do something illegal before selling the weapon. 

33 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I don’t believe this is true. We covered the law on another thread and it was clear that you had to know the others intent to do something illegal before selling the weapon. 

Check the law on it, there are statute of limitations on how soon a crime is committed, but if they do soon after the sale one is still held liable.  Good luck with using a "Well, I didn't know they were going to do what they did" in any case.  The chances of you getting off are slim and none, unless you have connections with someone that holds high political power in the county or jurisdiction that you reside in.  Law enforcement doesn't play games, when it comes to enforcing laws.  Try to find many juries that would rule in your favor if a civil suit was brought against you by the victims families, and tell me what happens.  If you're willing to take that chance then sell, sell, sell.  I'm not telling you to break the law, just seeing if someone would be stupid enough to do it.  I saw a meme yesterday on facebook that people would refuse to sell their weapons back to the government, because they would be too incompetent in handling the weapons, and I tend to agree with them.  

Why Hornady Stopped Selling Ammunition to Walmart 12 Years Ago

September 8, 2019

hornady-manufacturing-670x446.jpg

When Walmart made its most recent decision to flip the firearms industry the bird by changing multiple policies, Hornady Manufacturing reminded all of us that they stopped doing business with the retail giant back in 2007. Jason Hornady’s quote from 2007, shows that the company sticks to its values and doesn’t shy away from making tough decisions. Jason is the vice president of Hornady, and we were able to pick his brain about his past dealings with Walmart and what he thinks the effects will be from Walmart’s decision.

RECOIL: Why did Hornady decide to stop selling to Walmart back in 2007?
Jason Hornady: In my previous life, I worked for a company that lived and died by Walmart. And like many companies, Walmart treated them poorly. And, as we were going through these things with Walmart, I decided that if I was ever in a situation where I didn’t have to do business with them, I would not. And when I got to Hornady, we were doing some business with them, it wasn’t a lot, but they started to become difficult to work with again. I was in a situation where I made the decision for our company to walk away and everybody in the company supported my decision. And we have not looked back.

RECOIL: Did you feel any repercussions from that decision?
JH: No. Quite to the contrary. We then started being very public with the fact that we weren’t going to do business with Walmart. And we were applauded by our customers and our partners. Everybody thought it was a great decision. By not selling to them made us a far better brand for a lot of our customers. Essentially what it boils down to is that we decided to pick who our partners are. And we don’t pick Walmart, ever.

We believe in our partners, and part of my issue with Walmart is that they don’t support our industry, they don’t support what we do– they don’t contribute back. They take out of the industry, and they don’t put back into the industry, which is important to us at Hornady Manufacturing. Stealing a quote from a friend of mine, “We don’t manage our business from quarter-to-quarter. We manage our business from generation-to-generation,” and that’s all we’re looking for in the long run. We don’t believe that they [Walmart] were going to be good long run customers. And it turns out we were right. We feel the same way about other companies- we don’t sell to Gander Mountain direct. I believe the person in charge there is anti-gun. Until he calls my father and me and says he’s not, we choose not to sell to them direct. We chose not to do business with Sports Authority because of the same thing; they weren’t good partners. We chose not to do business with the state agency of New York after Andrew Cuomo came out and said he was going to try and break the firearms industry. We’re lucky that we can choose people that we think see the world the way we do.

RECOIL: We’ve seen Hornady products in Walmart more recently. How did that happen?
JH: From what we understand, each Walmart store manager has the power to bring in products they feel are applicable to the marketplace, and so in markets there places where they can purchase from distributors. We do business with a lot of wholesalers who distribute our products, and so, what has happened is in certain areas Walmart managers have opted to bring in merchandise through distribution. And, we wouldn’t necessarily know about it; There’s no way for us to track that, but we do not have any direct accounts with Walmart or Walmart.com. We have no interest in doing business with them.

1/3
Jason-Hornady-with-rifle-675x450.jpg

RECOIL: What would you say to the people upset about the recent decisions Walmart has made?
JH: They shouldn’t be surprised. People shouldn’t be surprised over their decision, and we respect their ability to make decisions as a business. I’m certain that it wasn’t an easy decision on their part. I’m also certain that I’m glad that we were not a partner of theirs for the last twelve years, and certainly now. I don’t feel like we missed a thing.

But, the thing about this is that it’s not good for the industry. Any time you make it harder for somebody to participate in a sport, I don’t care what sport it is, as soon as you make it harder for that customer to participate in the shooting sports, the more likely he is to find something else to do with his recreational time. It’s not going to be good for the shooting sports industry, and it makes me sad. Nobody thinks that it’s good for the shooting sports industry because it’s just eliminating access to somewhere around 4,700 to 4,800 stores.

RECOIL: What ways does Hornady give back to the industry?
JH: We are heavily involved with the NRA, NSSF, youth shooting sports, as well as 4-H, numerous competitive shooting matches, events, and banquets. We not only support our industry but our community and our state, as well. We try to give back to the places where we live. I can guarantee you that you’ll never see Walmart’s name on anything in our locality, but you see all the family-owned businesses on them.

RECOIL: What are you looking forward to in the near future, as it relates to Hornady?
JH: We’re excited we’ve got a meeting with our sales force in two weeks with a hundred people coming to town to see our factory, to meet with our employees, and we’ll be able to reveal our new products to them. Shortly after that, we’ve got a PRS match that we’re participating in with several employees. We’ve got several hunts– it is hunting season, so everybody around here starts to get kind of smiley at the season. We’re certainly excited about some of the stuff for 2020; October 23rd is when we launch our new products. We’re proud to be sitting in the middle of Nebraska, the Midwest, running a business, not quarter-to-quarter, but running it for shooters.

• Like 1

...fired off potshots into a car and around a football stadium where there were thousands of people, because he was Friday Night lit up. 

https://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/news/man-arrested-after-firing-shots-around-burleson-friday-night/article_b6111b8a-d89c-11e9-959c-135b417b729c.html?fbclid=IwAR3kRBf5znpvRHi0kDa4xXIVQ-madzmHSP2HKjgau0pSAfSupXoMIkWny70#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Man arrested after firing shots around Burleson Friday night

Jimmy Randell Holloway
Courtesy photo/JCSO

A Burleson man is in custody for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after reports of shots fired were made in several areas of Burleson on Friday night.

At about 10 p.m., the Burleson Police Department received reports of a male discharging a weapon from his vehicle on John Jones Drive from Alsbury Boulevard.

Although BPD reported there was no direct threat to students attending a Burleson High School football game, the department requested a delay of fans leaving out of an abundance of caution.

Shortly after 10:30 p.m., BPD received 911 calls regarding shots fired in the area of the Mistletoe Hills neighborhood.

At 10:42 p.m., BPD then received a disturbance call on Evergreen Lane, and while en route to the scene, the responding officer heard more shots fired.

The officer located the suspect, who was identified as Jimmy Randell Holloway, 39, and initiated a traffic stop in the 600 block of Northeast Alsbury Boulevard.

Upon searching Holloway’s vehicle, officers located a rifle in the front seat, along with fired cartridges inside the vehicle.

“Based on the initial investigation, we believe he fired rounds into a vehicle on Evergreen,” a BPD press release reads. “We also have reason to believe he was the person that fired the shots at the intersection of Alsbury and John Jones. 

“It appears the male was intoxicated. We are thankful for the quick work of our officers who stopped what could have been a very bad situation. We are not aware of any injuries because of his actions.”

Officers transported Holloway to the Johnson County Jail. A judge set his bond at $500,000. 

What do you expect people to do, considering that they are say out loud they are coming to take out guns. Robert Francis O'Rouke, said it plain as day. 

Speaking of his proposed change of law, O'Rourke rejected the notion that Americans could decide not to give up their guns. "It's not voluntary. ... It is mandatory," O'Rourke said of his proposal. "It will be the law. You will be required to comply with the law."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/beto-orourke-on-his-gun-confiscation-plan-no-its-not-voluntary-its-mandatory

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/09/hell-yes-its-time-for-beto-orourke-to-drop-out-of-the-presidential-race/

Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47. We’re not going to allow it to be used against a fellow American anymore.

I actually hope this country elects a fool like Robert Francis to the Presidency. Because I for one would love for him to come and try to confiscate my guns. This is where the left has gone, everything is mandatory--health insurance, gun buy-backs. What's next--mandatory ILLEGAL live-ins? mandatory wealth re-distribution? Communism runneth over with this group of liberals. SMFH. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

Are you saying it's the guns fault?

Why, heck yes he is. That gun had a little bit too much to drink, it just raised itself off the seat and went to town shooting. What I didn't see in the article was, how much damage did this guy do? Did he hit anyone? or was he just shooting at "stop" signs? 

Like most liberals, it is the GUNS fault, not the idiot pulling the trigger. But the biggest idiots are those that believe everything is the fault of the weapon, not the human behind it. SMFH. 

• LOL! 2