💥 Battle over the Second Amendment

RETIREDFAN1

Firearms Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Universal Background Checks for all gun sales and transfers?

2. 2. Do you support expanded screening for prohibited buyers to include persons with violent mental health history?

3. 3. Do you support reinstating the 1994 assault weapons ban?

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Great ideas too.  But who decides the difference in willing and able???  I don’t think a 70 year old with bad knees and ptsd needs to be guarding kids.  There needs to be some standards in place

Yes, there would need to be standards and restrictions.  Not everyone is qualified.  States, counties, or ISDs could set up a board to evaluate and choose candidates ...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Great ideas too.  But who decides the difference in willing and able???  I don’t think a 70 year old with bad knees and ptsd needs to be guarding kids.  There needs to be some standards in place

Implement your plans on saving money with death row inmates. Add monst sex offenders to that list and you free up another gazillion dollars each year. Reform the welfare system and put about 75% of the sponges back to work (don’t worry, when they get hungry enough, you’ll be surprised how able bodied they are.) Do the same with Medicaid. The tax cuts you can make by cutting all of this spending will create millions of new jobs, and you’ll have more than enough left to fund federal grants to allow local school districts to hire and screen military veterans to guard schools. While I’m fixing everything, enact term limits and do away with the ridiculous congressional retirement benefits, and we’re saving another few billion dollars each year. You’re welcome. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Implement your plans on saving money with death row inmates. Add monst sex offenders to that list and you free up another gazillion dollars each year. Reform the welfare system and put about 75% of the sponges back to work (don’t worry, when they get hungry enough, you’ll be surprised how able bodied they are.) Do the same with Medicaid. The tax cuts you can make by cutting all of this spending will create millions of new jobs, and you’ll have more than enough left to fund federal grants to allow local school districts to hire and screen military veterans to guard schools. While I’m fixing everything, enact term limits and do away with the ridiculous congressional retirement benefits, and we’re saving another few billion dollars each year. You’re welcome. 

Trueblue82 in 2024!!!!

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Trueblue82 in 2024!!!!

That’s only going to work if they move the White House to the western shores of Toledo Bend. Ol’ TrueBlue ain’t moving to D.C. Put the U.S. Capitol at Cypress Bend in Louisiana and I’ll go by boat anytime I need to straighten Congress out. We’ll move the Supreme Court to Colmesneil, and I’ll appoint WH1 to replace Ginsburg after she croaks. Kirt will be Secretary of Defense with orders to turn the Middle East into a ginormous parking lot. DaveTV1 will be AG, and I’m leaning towards MavGrad as Surgeon General. Whaddaya think about AKA for VP? Don’t worry Screamer, I’ve got a job for you too. Didn’t want you feeling left out. How’s Ambassador to Antarctica sound? 

• LOL! 2

29 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

That’s only going to work if they move the White House to the western shores of Toledo Bend. Ol’ TrueBlue ain’t moving to D.C. Put the U.S. Capitol at Cypress Bend in Louisiana and I’ll go by boat anytime I need to straighten Congress out. We’ll move the Supreme Court to Colmesneil, and I’ll appoint WH1 to replace Ginsburg after she croaks. Kirt will be Secretary of Defense with orders to turn the Middle East into a ginormous parking lot. DaveTV1 will be AG, and I’m leaning towards MavGrad as Surgeon General. Whaddaya think about AKA for VP? Don’t worry Screamer, I’ve got a job for you too. Didn’t want you feeling left out. How’s Ambassador to Antarctica sound? 

245F4C4B-B488-49B4-B356-50073F4FDA34.png

94C80892-156A-4721-8E6E-006BA7AC6C2C.png

743ADC2A-D657-4111-AFE9-527B37CB40EC.png

62AF5F7D-28BC-4B0B-941A-411FB4966A64.png

8A8A3292-8139-4F77-845B-90A5EC7B7F51.png

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Make side tracked agriculture secretary when he gets back.....😂😂😂😂

I’ve already promised that job to Willie Nelson. Sidetracker can be his deputy. Willie said something about needing a separate office. 

• LOL! 1

http://thedailylibertarian.com/stop-guns-englands-mass-killing-problem/

I could keep going, but I think you get the point.  Not only do the rates of mass murder (and attempted mass murder) in England more than rival the United States, but in England, the rates are climbing fast, prompting many English leaders to call this ‘the new normal’ for the English people.  Can you imagine living in a city where mass killings are so common that the Mayor of that city, rather than denounce the killings, tells the public to get used to it?  That’s London.  That’s what everyone here wants to emulate.

Unless someone is less dead when killed by a bomb or run over by a van than when shot by a gun, England has a far bigger problem than we do.

It’s not all about jihad either.  England has a very long history of mass killings that rivals the United States, even withoutcounting jihad, when one considers the comparable sizes of England and the United States.  The British seem to prefer using bombs, and fire, as mass-murder weapons, but if anything it turns out that bombs and fire can kill more people than can guns.  The British also like using knives to kill each other, with a rate of knife homicides that is so bad that British doctors are calling for a ban on kitchen knives.  A look at a common London newspaper shows that London is just as dangerous, in terms of murder rates, as are any of our cities.

My guess is that should London go ahead and ban the kitchen knife, we’ll start selling lots of baseball bats overseas.  Even England can’t ban everything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sideliner said:

Apples and Oranges...

The end result is still the same.  Just check into China's mass stabbings and it makes America's problems seem small.  While there is only a partial list from 2010-2012 on China's mass stabbings there are pages upon pages of articles on google.  I stopped at page 10.  They had one on the same date as the Florida shooting.  It left 29 dead and 130 injured.  It's not a weapons problem, it's a people problem.  To think it's only AR-15's is naive at best.  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367

• Mr. P changed the title to 💥 Battle over the Second Amendment
  • Mr. P locked and unlocked this topic