PG VS PARIS

dhoop02

PG bringing back most of their team that went State last year these guys that are seniors was sophomores on that State Title run in 2017 I know they will be hungry win another one so do anyone know how Paris is shaping up so far they always plays us tough 

Paris has a ton of speed this year. IMO they are under the radar and are going to give my Hawks a good game. They have a some receivers that can flat out go and get the football. Key match up will be Paris WRs VS PG DB's. PG needs to ground and pound the Wildcats and not turn the ball over. 

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Paris has a ton of speed this year. IMO they are under the radar and are going to give my Hawks a good game. They have a some receivers that can flat out go and get the football. Key match up will be Paris WRs VS PG DB's. PG needs to ground and pound the Wildcats and not turn the ball over. 

Yeah I think we play it smart use what we know best run ball control clock keep them off the field so how are we do we have some good receiver this year and I know we good in the run game 

1 hour ago, dhoop02 said:

Yeah I think we play it smart use what we know best run ball control clock keep them off the field so how are we do we have some good receiver this year and I know we good in the run game 

Receivers for the Grove will be the same as last year with the exception of Brett Walker. Sergio Rodriguez, Jackson Cobb, I believe Riley Duren will get some time and Dylan Hopkins. We don't really have what I would call a ball hawk like Cameron would be for us last year but these kids are fast and quick (yes there is a difference in being fast and quick) and they are experienced. There will be some other new faces on the depth chart also. We will have all first year Dbs with the exception of Sergio. Cobb may play both ways some this year at WR and CB but im not sure just speculating. Thought maybe Martin would go to Safety but I like him in the outside LBer spot. I am not sure who will play the middle. My player to watch this year is # 54 Lewis, loved what I saw from him in his first starting year last year he should be playing both ways. I think but not sure that Nelson will be opposite of Martin at the OLB he looked pretty good last year but did not play in the playoffs, Im sure Hopkins will be at one of the LBer spots well I say sure but he should be .... maybe he will be at Middle dunno.. I'm ready to watch my Hawks and see what fuller is doing on the D this year.

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Receivers for the Grove will be the same as last year with the exception of Brett Walker. Sergio Rodriguez, Jackson Cobb, I believe Riley Duren will get some time and Dylan Hopkins. We don't really have what I would call a ball hawk like Cameron would be for us last year but these kids are fast and quick (yes there is a difference in being fast and quick) and they are experienced. There will be some other new faces on the depth chart also. We will have all first year Dbs with the exception of Sergio. Cobb may play both ways some this year at WR and CB but im not sure just speculating. Thought maybe Martin would go to Safety but I like him in the outside LBer spot. I am not sure who will play the middle. My player to watch this year is # 54 Lewis, loved what I saw from him in his first starting year last year he should be playing both ways. I think but not sure that Nelson will be opposite of Martin at the OLB he looked pretty good last year but did not play in the playoffs, Im sure Hopkins will be at one of the LBer spots well I say sure but he should be .... maybe he will be at Middle dunno.. I'm ready to watch my Hawks and see what fuller is doing on the D this year.

I'm ready also for this year this year could be special one I know them boys are hungry after how last year ended this is first day for practice so it starts now can't wait until first game 

This game should come down to execution.  Both teams have talent.....Paris has lots of speed and athleticism......and both teams have a good amount of returners. If Paris can hold down the  mistakes and turnovers they have a very good chance of winning this battle.  Should be a great game to watch early in the season.

6 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Paris does have a very quality corps of running backs and also some key players on defense, including a very capable secondary.  I believe they will surprise with their overall size on the lines too.

PG offensive line is average

On 8/5/2019 at 4:53 PM, Hawknation03 said:

Anything can change but right now its left to right LB is Nelson, Hopkins, Porchia, Martin.  As far as DB, Serg is the only starter returning but 2 others got lots of reps last year, just werent officially starters.  One is new but extremely athletic, we'll see i he can learn the position

2 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

Anything can change but right now its left to right LB is Nelson, Hopkins, Porchia, Martin.  As far as DB, Serg is the only starter returning but 2 others got lots of reps last year, just werent officially starters.  One is new but extremely athletic, we'll see i he can learn the position

Thanks for the update

2 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Good Deal! It will be interesting to see how he looks after missing almost half of the season.

saw him the other day he's definitely added some weight up top. that surgery and rehab have come a long ways so id expect him to be back normal in no time.