PG VS PARIS

dhoop02

3 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

LV was just too darn big for Paris or anybody else. It really became a factor in the 4th qtr.

I know we made 3 mistake on defense and Paris put it in the end zone all 3 times. Paris is going to give teams fits this year, a talented team with loads of speed.   

Agree with the Paris evaluations, however, you cannot overstate the PG coaching staff's  ability to game plan and prepare. Carthage was certainly better on paper than PG last year and I think it goes without saying a lot of people were shocked at how that game turned out. Including myself. PG defense will have to be ready for an offense that runs at a pace like they do. The mental game will be huge in this one.

PG will come out like a machine.......very disciplined and in mid-season form already.  Paris will be a very formidable opponent to open a season with for PG.......look for some breakaway plays and an exciting 2nd half in this one.  Will the Paris D be able to get some stops in the first half and get the ball back for their offense???  If the first half is tight.....Paris has a great chance to win this game.....JMO.  

Looks like not many Paris believers out there in Smoakyland so far.  Over in Division 1 there are plenty of teams very aware of just how good this year's Paris team might be.....just sayin'.  We all know and respect the quality football program PG has been able to build in the past few years. There will be tons of fans in both divisions of 4A paying very close attention to this game.  Paris scores last late in the game.

Paris 29      PG 28

40 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Looks like not many Paris believers out there in Smoakyland so far.  Over in Division 1 there are plenty of teams very aware of just how good this year's Paris team might be.....just sayin'.  We all know and respect the quality football program PG has been able to build in the past few years. There will be tons of fans in both divisions of 4A paying very close attention to this game.

Paris 29      PG 28

I agree 100%, If Paris can keep form shooting themselves in the foot they will be a team to contend with.  Paris is better then most people think. Paris 30 PG 24. 

I believe the divide between 4A DI and 4A DII is a little wider this year,  especially when it come to the top ten teams in both divisions.  

Conditioning and depth are going to make a huge difference in this game.

Because of the hard work that PG puts in during the off season - they SHOULD come out on top due to the head start in conditioning that they will have.  I believe that was a big part of the reason that PG won last year.  Paris has great athletes and will go far this year, and if PG played them in 4-5 weeks I would give Paris the advantage.

But - PG at home and week 1 - PG should pull it out baring any excessive penalties or turnovers.

PG 31 Paris 17 - pulling away late

I'm more optimistic about this Paris team than I've been in several years.  They seem to have found an offensive philosophy that fits their personnel.  I worry about their line depth, but they have a ton of speedy skill players who can go both ways.  They're going to be a nightmare for defenses to game plan.

Really looking forward to this week's matchup and expect that turnovers will be key to the outcome.

PG's rushing attack is brutal. Paris will have to play up to shut down the Hawks run, and I think we all know what happens when teams try that on the Grove. As I said before this offense is so versatile and well coached Paris will have to go score for score with them. That will also be a tall order for Paris with the defensive front that PG puts on the field. This D line for the Grove is straight up nasty. With the #1 DE and #1 DT in the state looking every bit worthy of their ranking and 54 and 74 in the middle Paris is about to see IMO the best Defensive line in 4A. That being said I still believe Paris can keep this game interesting with their big play potential and the inevitable motivation every team will  bring to try to take down the #1 Ranked Hawks . So I'll say 38- 21 PG.😉

^^^^ I’m a big Paris fan but Hawknation03 I think your assessment and score prediction is dead on in my opinion. Paris perennially has tons of skill and speed but lacks the big hosses up front. I haven’t seen this years team yet however and I hope you and I both are wrong. 

AHHH GAMEDAY MORNING! Here’s to an injury free game and safe travels to all the fans!!

It’s that time again:

we begin our journey and quest to the top, we will fight all the way, and not for a second shall we stop.Many have declared that we are the best, so each and every day we Will be put to the test. We will bond and support each other without a second of hesitation, for that is who we are.

WE ARE HAWK NATION!!!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

AHHH GAMEDAY MORNING! Here’s to an injury free game and safe travels to all the fans!!

It’s that time again:

we begin our journey and quest to the top, we will fight all the way, and not for a second shall we stop.Many have declared that we are the best, so each and every day we Will be put to the test. We will bond and support each other without a second of hesitation, for that is who we are.

WE ARE HAWK NATION!!!!

Now that is good. 

Hope for a great game and no injuries. 

Nothing better than two highly ranked teams going at it to start the season. 

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Like 1