PG VS PARIS

dhoop02

I've said it before, but I love teams that huddle, shuttle in plays from the sidelines, then sprint to the line of scrimmage and use quick counts.  To me, that's true football. 

The 22-16 final score belies how nasty both schools' offenses can be were it not for the first-game mistakes and two pretty solid defenses.

Just curious, but do the Hawks usually rely on Harmon's running as much as they did last night?  I thought it was the difference maker in the game.

14 minutes ago, Parisian said:

I've said it before, but I love teams that huddle, shuttle in plays from the sidelines, then sprint to the line of scrimmage and use quick counts.  To me, that's true football. 

The 22-16 final score belies how nasty both schools' offenses can be were it not for the first-game mistakes and two pretty solid defenses.

Just curious, but do the Hawks usually rely on Harmon's running as much as they did last night?  I thought it was the difference maker in the game.

Not all that much, but we run him some. He even played linebacker tonight. Harmon is a difference maker whenever he’s on the field. 

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Not all that much, but we run him some. He even played linebacker tonight. Harmon is a difference maker whenever he’s on the field. 

Right but as tough as Ben is I really don’t like seeing him take that many hits. I think because it was a team like Paris we saw a lot more carries from Ben. Paris was closing holes all night. Every yard gained by PG was fought for. To me that’s what PG had to do to beat Paris. 

I kinda thought the QB runs were a game plan specific for Paris.  Cats' defensive secondary is pretty good and took the Hawks' passing attack out of the equation.

And to answer Bluetopper's question: Reclassification is coming up so the next two years' scheduling  is in the air.  I would think a Paris-PG pre-district series could be on the landscape, but you never know.

Yea there was no way was going to go over the top on Paris. The Hawks WR’s had 0 catches. Ben three as good a ball that could be thrown on that long pass to Cobb and 2 Paris DB’s closed on it quick and almost picked it off. Only completions for the Grove was to RB’s. The tight ends were targeted but Paris broke those up. They also picked off a pass to a RB and almost took it to the house. I’d say it’s not advisable to try the pass against the Wildcats.

When Paris needed a drive to tie the game back up (or take the lead) Jackson just didn’t allow it he had a big tackle in the backfield and a couple of sacks down the stretch. I overheard a coach in the box say “if he’s not 6’6” with his reach he probably doesn’t make that sack.”

from what i was told Landon is deciding between Texas and Texas A&M, though he has several other offers. 

5 hours ago, stevosev7 said:

When Paris needed a drive to tie the game back up (or take the lead) Jackson just didn’t allow it he had a big tackle in the backfield and a couple of sacks down the stretch. I overheard a coach in the box say “if he’s not 6’6” with his reach he probably doesn’t make that sack.”

from what i was told Landon is deciding between Texas and Texas A&M, though he has several other offers. 

There's not many ( if any) that can block him at the 4A level. If you don't chip block him with a back it's trouble.

5 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

There's not many ( if any) that can block him at the 4A level. If you don't chip block him with a back it's trouble.

I know one that can/did.  #77 from Carthage had no issues with Jackson last year.  Once Crawford gets his hands on you that 320 lbs has a way of immobilizing you.

26 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I know one that can/did.  #77 from Carthage had no issues with Jackson last year.  Once Crawford gets his hands on you that 320 lbs has a way of immobilizing you.

With Jackson having a bad knee. He's healthy now. La Vega might have someone but we won't see that happen soooo.

48 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I agree # 77 can match up well with anybody including the D end from PG. Coach said on the pre game interview the kid is now 340 lbs, stronger and quicker than he was last year.

Will be fun to watch. 

• Stinks 1

https://247sports.com/Player/Tykieast-Crawford-46042429/

Bad knee or not Jackson was not a factor in last year’s game.  Neither was Burris for that matter.  Check out the first video to pop up on Crawford’s 247 profile for one on one action between the two.  Looking forward to this year.  I’m sure Jackson is stronger after surgery and a year of off season.  Hard to believe he is just a Junior.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Tykieast-Crawford-46042429/

Bad knee or not Jackson was not a factor in last year’s game.  Neither was Burris for that matter.  Check out the first video to pop up on Crawford’s 247 profile for one on one action between the two.  Looking forward to this year.  I’m sure Jackson is stronger after surgery and a year of off season.  Hard to believe he is just a Junior.

Get the freaking rose colored glasses off! Anytime someone brings up a D1 player you have to bring up someone from Carthage. But I understand kinda, after football in Carthage there's nothing but a He&& hole to live in. Nothing to eat out in and a long ways to go eat. HORRIBLE town to live in according to peeps and my eyeballs!

35 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Get the freaking rose colored glasses off! Anytime someone brings up a D1 player you have to bring up someone from Carthage. But I understand kinda, after football in Carthage there's nothing but a He&& hole to live in. Nothing to eat out in and a long ways to go eat. HORRIBLE town to live in according to peeps and my eyeballs!

Your original comment referring to Jackson was “There's not many ( if any) that can block him at the 4A level.”  I responded with someone who could/did.  Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend.  🤷‍♂️