PG VS PARIS

dhoop02

On 8/5/2019 at 9:22 AM, dhoop02 said:

PG bringing back most of their team that went State last year these guys that are seniors was sophomores on that State Title run in 2017 I know they will be hungry win another one so do anyone know how Paris is shaping up so far they always plays us tough 

Last year's game would not have been close except for all the personal foul penalties on Paris.  The Paris offense will be better this year.  If the defense can step up should be a great game.

PG bringing back most of their team that went State last year these guys that are seniors was sophomores on that State Title run in 2017 I know they will be hungry win another one so do anyone know how Paris is shaping up so far they always plays us tough 

Last year's game would not have been close except for all the personal foul penalties on Paris.  The Paris offense will be better this year.  If the defense can step up should be a great game.

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw when we played them last yr they were in the gun

Yea for a handful of plays like on 3rd and longs. Mostly under center with a mix of slot/wing or whatever they call it. 

They did a lot of PG similar stuff. 

In this game PG might start off sluggish because only having one scrimmage. 

11 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Paris has changed their offense they are running the same offense that PG runs 

Paris made the change midseason last year.  Seem to remember it was about the time they destroyed Celina (54-14).  Two things I like most about it: 1) they huddle and shuttle plays in and  2) they break huddle and sprint to the line of scrimmage for quick counts before defense can adjust to alignments.  It just has a cool football look to it without all the nonsense of hurry ups and fake counts then delays while everyone stops down to look to the sidelines for signals and checks wristbands.  It's a communications nightmare.  I love huddles.

Paris at PG in Week 1 will definitely have a mirror-look to it.  Should be interesting.

4 hours ago, CrossFace said:

This will be a good ole smash mouth game for sure. Paris wins easy last year without the sky turning yellow with all the penalties.   Physical, discipline and well coached goes to PG. Pure athleticism and speed goes to Paris. 

yea and we got a few athletes at the grove now too. search 247sports.com for the data.

39 minutes ago, txk85 said:

yea and we got a few athletes at the grove now too. search 247sports.com for the data.

PG's top line guys are equal or better than Paris...but across the board 1-11 both sides of the ball Paris has more speed.....

• Like 1

This game will look like an intrasquad scrimmage, particularly from an offensive standpoint.  PG has flourished recently utilizing multiple runners.  Paris will also put 3 stud running backs on the field and hit you with multiple counters and speed galore.

On paper, PG has the edge at QB with the senior Harmon vs. the soph Hohenberger, but I've been impressed with the composure Hohenberger has shown in the two scrimmages.  He escapes pressure well, doesn't try to do too much, and has a good touch on the long throws plus an arsenal of tall receivers who can climb the ladder.

Paris lost to PG last year due to some bad snaps and undisciplined penalties.  They've cleaned up both of those areas.  I look for a close game with turnovers a major player.

Hoping for a great game to kick off 2019.