4A District 6

SHillBuckeye

This is by far the toughest 4A district in East Texas....maybe all of Texas! This district still belongs to Pleasant Grove, with Gilmer and Liberty-Eylau following close behind! Spring Hill and Pittsburg will pop a few firecrackers, but no dynomite this year! 

34 minutes ago, TexarkanaIsNotArkansas said:

I think LE has something special brewing injuries have hit us hard the last two or something years coach King is going to do great things, PG & LE will be a battle the next few years Gilmer & SH & Pitt should also be strong I see strong playoff runs for this district!

LE is in for a long year they are not the same team they usually are!! LE will be very young so maybe in a year or two they will be better. Gilmer will beat LE !!

2 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

LE is in for a long year they are not the same team they usually are!! LE will be very young so maybe in a year or two they will be better. Gilmer will beat LE !!

Lol nobody said we were going to beat Gilmer.. you have so much insight, why are you always so negative? Where do you get your info?? Yes we do play one of the toughest pre seasons in the state, but injury free we should be very competitive! Last year we lost our best player before the season even started, and the year before that also!! Go Leopards #PositiveVibes#kale

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, Sportsguru02 said:

Battle for 4th will be between Spring Hill and Pittsburgh imo

Perhaps, but Gilmer better shore up that defense, especially the secondary, this year. I don't know who is coaching the corners, but last year was hideous. Very seldom did any corner turn and play the ball. They pretty much got toasted every pass, and then received a pass interference penalty reaching all over the receiver. The defensive secondary, and turnovers killed Gilmer last year.

34 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Perhaps, but Gilmer better shore up that defense, especially the secondary, this year. I don't know who is coaching the corners, but last year was hideous. Very seldom did any corner turn and play the ball. They pretty much got toasted every pass, and then received a pass interference penalty reaching all over the receiver. The defensive secondary, and turnovers killed Gilmer last year.

It was still enough to beat Spring Hill so 

40 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Yep.  The Black Flag Defense better put the "black" back into defense.  Our secondary looked lost most of the time, especially in the first half of the season.  We used to be able to rely on offense to overcome poor defensive performances, but the offense didn't click last season.  The O-line couldn't block very well, and to top that off, we turned the ball over way too many times.  Our offense has turned the ball over "consistently" for the past 4 seasons.  It's time to learn to take care of the ball.

I do look for us to be much improved on both sides of the ball this season.  I just hope that the team has been coached up enough to stop the things that have killed us the past few seasons.  We have enough talent to play much better for sure.  Pleasant Grove is definitely the team to beat in our district, and if the Buckeyes start clicking they have a shot at the title.  If not, I look for Gilmer and Liberty-Eylau to slug it out for second, with Spring Hill and Pittsburg fighting for the last spot.  I think Spring Hill will be much improved this season.  Pittsburg doesn't have the numbers, and lost a ton to graduation.

I see it this way:

1. PG

2. Gilmer

3. Liberty-Eylau

4. Spring Hill

5. Pittsburg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackflag79 said:

Yep.  The Black Flag Defense better put the "black" back into defense.  Our secondary looked lost most of the time, especially in the first half of the season.  We used to be able to rely on offense to overcome poor defensive performances, but the offense didn't click last season.  The O-line couldn't block very well, and to top that off, we turned the ball over way too many times.  Our offense has turned the ball over "consistently" for the past 4 seasons.  It's time to learn to take care of the ball.

I do look for us to be much improved on both sides of the ball this season.  I just hope that the team has been coached up enough to stop the things that have killed us the past few seasons.  We have enough talent to play much better for sure.  Pleasant Grove is definitely the team to beat in our district, and if the Buckeyes start clicking they have a shot at the title.  If not, I look for Gilmer and Liberty-Eylau to slug it out for second, with Spring Hill and Pittsburg fighting for the last spot.  I think Spring Hill will be much improved this season.  Pittsburg doesn't have the numbers, and lost a ton to graduation.

I see it this way:

1. PG

2. Gilmer

3. Liberty-Eylau

4. Spring Hill

5. Pittsburg

Great content! Gilmer & LE  will have the talent  to make a run at PG it will be tough though PG clear #1..

52 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

I keep hearing rumors that LE is struggling but I don't believe it at all.  They always have athletes!

I would kinda expect that with a new head coach.  L-E will likely struggle early in the season, especially with a tough non-district schedule.  I do expect them to get better as the season progresses.  They just have way too many athletes to not be able to compete at a high level.  I honestly think they are the most athletic school in the district.  That doesn't always compute to wins, though.  They have to buy into Coach King's system even if it doesn't pay dividends early in the season.  If your team is all in with their coaching staff, it will compute to wins eventually.

If L-E quarterback performs well, Leopards will be better. Arkansas High and Texas High "could" have their hands full when they play the Leopards. Pleasant Grove is most talented team in Texarkana and 4A Division II. If PG beats Carthage, the Hawks may be unstoppable and state champions again. Hope the Hawks stay healthy. For that matter, I hope all the Texarkana teams stay healthy. I wish no injuries for anybody. I know Carthage and PG are in different divisions.

15 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

I keep hearing rumors that LE is struggling but I don't believe it at all.  They always have athletes!

So since they are “struggling”, I guess 3-7 was a successful season too huh? Lol. Trust me, LE will be just fine. Don’t judge Coach King off of the toughest schedule in the state and with a new team. He will have them ready and back contending immediately. So don’t sleep on LE. 

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

First sentence is incoherent, which leads me to think inbreeding is a problem. I’m not from Texarkana so I don’t care who is placed where. They may be 3rd best but not 4th. There isn’t a 4th team. Arkansas doesn’t count. Cool your jets Cletus, it’s called a joke. 

Find a pewitt thread man

27 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

First sentence is incoherent, which leads me to think inbreeding is a problem. I’m not from Texarkana so I don’t care who is placed where. They may be 3rd best but not 4th. There isn’t a 4th team. Arkansas doesn’t count. Cool your jets Cletus, it’s called a joke. 

You are a joke!! Cletus

7 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

My condolences. How the hell was I supposed to know that. Classless would be if I said it knowing of her passing. Just forget it man. It’s called joking. Again my condolences for you and your family on the loss of her. 

Exactly just because I said LE was going to be down this year (which some of there coaches told me that) you started all this rhetoric. I said they will be young and will be good in a couple of years! It's a a forum why can't we disagree and be human about it. Everything is good have a good day and good Luck to LE on the season!!