2019-20 District 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

Might as well get this thread going for all things 11-6A. 

Lady Lobo Volleyball is headed to Lindale tonight to start their season off. 

Tyler Lee opens their season at home tonight against White Oak.

• Like 1

Lady Lobos improved to 2-1 on the season, with wins over Ore City (25-17, 27-25) and Henderson (25-11, 25-21) in the Longview tournament. 

Tyler Lee dropped three in a row to fall to 1-3 on the year, with losses to Mansfield Legacy (21-25, 18-25), Waxahachie (19-25, 14-25) and El Paso Eastwood (23-25, 23-25) in the Mansfield tournament.

47 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lady Lobos improved to 2-1 on the season, with wins over Ore City (25-17, 27-25) and Henderson (25-11, 25-21) in the Longview tournament. 

Tyler Lee dropped three in a row to fall to 1-3 on the year, with losses to Mansfield Legacy (21-25, 18-25), Waxahachie (19-25, 14-25) and El Paso Eastwood (23-25, 23-25) in the Mansfield tournament.

Atraer they playing in Tournament?

Lady Lobos dropped to 2-3 on the season following their own tournament yesterday with losses to Pine Tree 2-1 (25-20, 24-26, 17-25) and Elysian Fields 2-0 (22-25, 21-25).

Lady Raiders are 3-6 after their trip to the Mansfield Tournament on Friday and Saturday. They went 1-2 on Friday (not sure who they played), and 1-1 on Saturday defeating Mansfield JV (25-13, 27-25) and falling to Euless Trinity (25-23, 19-25, 21-25). 

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

If they lose to us and y’all in back to back weeks.....two 5A teams, blow it up Longview! Lol (kidding)

We got Marshall in between y’all sooooo no worries on that happening ;) 

Abe I still worry about a little bit. But we ain’t got no reservations about traveling to Lobo West.

• LOL! 3

18 hours ago, Pack007 said:

If they lose to us and y’all in back to back weeks.....two 5A teams, blow it up Longview! Lol (kidding)

I just want JT to break the streak.

15 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

We got Marshall in between y’all sooooo no worries on that happening ;) 

Abe I still worry about a little bit. But we ain’t got no reservations about traveling to Lobo West.

Longview will be playing three top ten ranked 5a teams. Not to bad.

55 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Longview will be playing three top ten ranked 5a teams. Not to bad.

It's about as good as you can get out of a non-district schedule being one of the only 6A programs in East Texas. 

27 minutes ago, AKA said:

It's about as good as you can get out of a non-district schedule being one of the only 6A programs in East Texas. 

Some in your fan base were taking shots at the schedule. They wanted to play more 6A schools or whatever. 

Just now, Pack007 said:

Some in your fan base were taking shots at the schedule. They wanted to play more 6A schools or whatever. 

Respectfully disagree. I don't mind staying closer to home in non-district, provided we're playing the best our area offers. 

At the same time, I understand the desire to "play up" in pre-district action. It only helps in the long run. 

15 minutes ago, AKA said:

Respectfully disagree. I don't mind staying closer to home in non-district, provided we're playing the best our area offers. 

At the same time, I understand the desire to "play up" in pre-district action. It only helps in the long run. 

I think it’s more so of some of your fan base think that since they just won a chip they are too good to play 5A area teams like as if Longview isn’t 8-9 months removed from only having a 1937 championship. I get the flexing your muscle now since you won it, because some of yalls fans need to pump the brakes cause none of our teams on the level of Allen ,Katy, north shore aledo, etc so we shouldn’t think that we are too good play anyone that has been relevant team especially if the series over the last decade. Has been close in wins in losses. 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

11 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think it’s more so of some of your fan base think that since they just won a chip they are too good to play 5A area teams like as if Longview isn’t 8-9 months removed from only having a 1937 championship. I get the flexing your muscle now since you won it, because some of yalls fans need to pump the brakes cause none of our teams on the level of Allen ,Katy, north shore aledo, etc so we shouldn’t think that we are too good play anyone that has been relevant team especially if the series over the last decade. Has been close in wins in losses. 

ToMAYto, toMAHto...  I see it different. I think a lot of them (myself included) just want to see Longview being severely tested early and often, and to put our team against the best of the best to see how we rate. Doesn't every fan want that for their program? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKA said:

ToMAYto, toMAHto...  I see it different. I think a lot of them (myself included) just want to see Longview being severely tested early and often, and to put our team against the best of the best to see how we rate. Doesn't every fan want that for their program? 

Yes we understand of course!. But they are treating all the teams like were complete scrubs lol. It’s a difference. You know what I’m talking about lol. Because I promise you if JT and/or Lufkin wins these games against Longview fans are gonna talk about how bad Longview is rather than saying we just got beat by the better team at that moment, not saying we are the better team but you know what I mean. I feel like Longview respects lee more than JT 😂. Also you cant sit here with a straight face and tell me that some of yall dont think that your not on the level of allen katy aledo north shore, which is why yall feel JT lufkin, etc are not good enough for you guys now. But it doesnt matter though ESPN thinks were good enough because if we werent they wouldve picked another game so that all that matters lol.

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 District 11-6A Thread