2019-20 District 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

But it doesn't mean anything. It's a non-district game that in the grand scheme means little to nothing. 

There's pride involved, being a rivalry. I get what you're saying. I guess I should've said I'm glad it's no longer a foregone conclusion when we play them haha

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

1 State Title, 3 State Title Games, 5 State Semi-Final Games, 6 Quarterfinal Games, 8 Regional Semi-Final Games, 9 District Titles and 10 Playoff Appearances. 

Move along sir. 

I've always pulled for the Lobos, other than when they're playing the Mavs.....but it sure is getting harder to do since they broke their 80+ year non state championship streak......🙄

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, OakRidgeMav said:

I've always pulled for the Lobos, other than when they're playing the Mavs.....but it sure is getting harder to do since they broke their 80+ year non state championship streak......🙄

Yeah, just imagine a repeat, which Longview has a good chance to do.

And if they do it, they'll be the only ETX big school to ever repeat in the top classification. Heck...the only ETX big school to ever repeat period.

1 hour ago, OakRidgeMav said:

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

We’re the same annoying fan base that is proud of our program that we were before hand.

Only difference is now no one can throw out 1937 every two sentences to try and get us to shut up.

11 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

And a 4-3 record vs JT. >_>

That said, I'm glad that JT is back to competing. Back when I played, it was an easy win every year and no fun to see JT go from state finalists in 2000 to 1-9 only 2 years later and staying there. JT is one of the most historical programs so it's nice that when we play them, it means something. 

Yep...who else in the last decade has 3 wins against Longview....not to mention all 3 at Lobo Stadium.  Honestly, has anyone else other than JT won at Longview in the past decade heck in the last 15 yrs (Maybe Horn).   Just sayin...

Playing Longview or any of the old east TX 5a schools mean something.  and yea its good to see JT was able to get back to winning.  As good as LV has been lately, you are a bad hire away from being where JT was. It can happen to anyone.  Don't take Coach King for granted. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Yeah, just imagine a repeat, which Longview has a good chance to do.

And if they do it, they'll be the only ETX big school to ever repeat in the top classification. Heck...the only ETX big school to ever repeat period.

Yea, LV has a good chance of doing that. 

However, there is a difference between some Lobo Fans and the rest of East TX.  As much as we may dislike some Lobo fans or Longview football..most of us hope you guys are able to repeat.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

There's pride involved, being a rivalry. I get what you're saying. I guess I should've said I'm glad it's no longer a foregone conclusion when we play them haha

you know what's funny about this is that Lobo fans forget that at one stretch in the 90s and early 2000s, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that JT would beat Longview.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Yep...who else in the last decade has 3 wins against Longview....not to mention all 3 at Lobo Stadium.  Honestly, has anyone else other than JT won at Longview in the past decade heck in the last 15 yrs (Maybe Horn).   Just sayin...

Horn has never won in Longview. 

Allen is only team outside of JT to beat us at home under King (excluding the forfeit to Evangel). 

Congrats on the three wins. 

Would take a loss to JT any day of the week though if it meant we end up as Champs again. 

• Like 1

However, there is a difference between some Lobo Fans and the rest of East TX.  As much as we may dislike some Lobo fans or Longview football..most of us hope you guys are able to repeat.

Sort of a stigma created by ETXans.

Can't bully a fan base for years and years....throwing 1937 in their face and expect everything to be Kumbaya afterwards. lol nah, that's not how it works.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Can't bully a fan base for years and years....throwing 1937 in their face and expect everything to be Kumbaya afterwards. lol nah, that's not how it works.

But that mostly became a thing because LV fans were always talking like they had 8 titles under there belt, it wasn’t for nothing lol. 

If JT went state and won it wouldn’t matter cause LV fans would say we didn’t win it in 6A so it wouldn’t be valuable haha 😂😂. We can’t win for losing lol. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Playing Longview or any of the old east TX 5a schools mean something.  and yea its good to see JT was able to get back to winning.  As good as LV has been lately, you are a bad hire away from being where JT was. It can happen to anyone.  Don't take Coach King for granted. 

You're preaching to the choir here, man. And that's true- JT has had as much success as anyone against us!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

But that mostly became a thing because LV fans were always talking like they had 8 titles under there belt, it wasn’t for nothing lol. 

I mean no Longview fan ever said that we had 8 titles but we were confident in our team week after week... And go figure, we won WAY more often than not over the last 15 years under King. It usually followed the same pattern- LoboFan07 or someone would say, "I think we win because we're more physical up front and I can't see their defense holding us down all game" and then meltdowns from fans happen, straw manning everything said with something along the lines of "I GUESS LONGVIEW ARE GODS GIFT TO FOOTBALL AND CAN DO NO WRONG THEY'RE UNBEATABLE" even though legitimately all that was said was why someone thought our team would win the game (which they usually did anyway lol). The best were the Sulphur Springs fans, especially the year we beat them 45-0 and had a mercy clock running. How humiliating!

Either way, fans rubbed 1937 in our face.... When you do that, you kinda have to expect that when the drought ended it was going to be thrown back. And if/when JT beats us at Rose, I expect the whole "Lobo South" rhetoric to be thrown back at our fans who have said that lol 

16 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That's the thing, not one of us ever claimed to be anything more than what we were.

Yall just always planted those words in our mouths.

Judging by the talent coming up, more high levels of success are coming for Longview. Bad news for you haters but, nothing you can do about it lol

Oh yea. We got nuttin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

you know what's funny about this is that Lobo fans forget that at one stretch in the 90s and early 2000s, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that JT would beat Longview.

Yeah the 98-00 years were tough for us. And the 02-04 years were tough for you guys. Glad we're both strong programs now. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Horn has never won in Longview. 

Allen is only team outside of JT to beat us at home under King (excluding the forfeit to Evangel). 

Congrats on the three wins. 

Would take a loss to JT any day of the week though if it meant we end up as Champs again. 

wow seriously, JT is the only team other than Allen to win at LV under King...I really didn't know that.

And honestly , its possible you guys could lose to JT again this yr (although I think LV should be favored again this yr) and win State.  Honestly, I hope that's how it plays out...lol.

57 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I do agree that 1937 was thrown in Lobo fans face alot, but I do not think you guys have been bullied at all. In fact, I think you guys have been the ones looking down on other programs, but I guess we have to agree to disagree and move forward. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's the thing, not one of us ever claimed to be anything more than what we were.

Yall just always planted those words in our mouths.

Judging by the talent coming up, more high levels of success are coming for Longview. Bad news for you haters but, nothing you can do about it lol

Oh yea. We got nuttin.

I guess we will find out soon.  JT has some talent coming up as well.   Maybe we can beat yall and then we both win the titles in our classes...lol

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

wow seriously, JT is the only team other than Allen to win at LV under King...I really didn't know that.

And honestly , its possible you guys could lose to JT again this yr (although I think LV should be favored again this yr) and win State.  Honestly, I hope that's how it plays out...lol.

Obviously it’s possible. It’s high school football. 

But it’s like because y’all almost beat Highland Park that y’all think you’re the top of the class and the best team we’ll face all season.

Honestly, y’all had your chance to make your statement that you’re back as one of the top programs in East Texas, after a lack luster 2017 and a meh regular season. But you blew it at the Star. 

Longview fans have every right to feel like we’re going to come into Rose and dominate. A place we haven’t lost to JT in nearly two decades. And at a place that a game between Longview and John Tyler has only been decided by one score once in the last two decades. Not to mention, we return a ton of the same team that just got done dominating JT.

6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

If JT went state and won it wouldn’t matter cause LV fans would say we didn’t win it in 6A so it wouldn’t be valuable haha 😂😂. We can’t win for losing lol. 

Actually make it to state and then we’ll find out. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 District 11-6A Thread