2019-20 District 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

And honestly , its possible you guys could lose to JT again this yr (although I think LV should be favored again this yr) and win State.  Honestly, I hope that's how it plays out...lol.

I could win the lotto today too, but the possibility is slim to none. lol

Look JT wont have a bad season this year.....or shouldn't anyway. But this particular matchup may end up more or less like last year.

Does JT have the QB play or defense to win? I don't see it.

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Look JT wont have a bad season this year.....or shouldn't anyway. But this particular matchup may end up more or less like last year.

Defense yes, QB idk

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Obviously it’s possible. It’s high school football. 

But it’s like because y’all almost beat Highland Park that y’all think you’re the top of the class and the best team we’ll face all season.

Honestly, y’all had your chance to make your statement that you’re back as one of the top programs in East Texas, after a lack luster 2017 and a meh regular season. But you blew it at the Star. 

Longview fans have every right to feel like we’re going to come into Rose and dominate. A place we haven’t lost to JT in nearly two decades. And at a place that a game between Longview and John Tyler has only been decided by one score once in the last two decades. Not to mention, we return a ton of the same team that just got done dominating JT.

good points.....

by the way, I don't think JT is the best team yall will face this yr. That's probably West Monroe. JT is probably 2nd or 3rd. until the playoffs.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

LOL.   LV should be favored to beat JT this yr.  I think JT will have a better def than most would expect, but alot to replace on Offense.  Not sure who will be QB, but talk is that the Johnson kid who has been a starter on def the past couple of yrs is the front runner. I think he was the freshman team QB a few yrs ago.

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I dont wanna make it if were gonna have a losing record for going to state. Rather keep out 3-1 record looks better.

I can't tell if serious or not...but....what on earth kind of mind set is this. 

12 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

you know what's funny about this is that Lobo fans forget that at one stretch in the 90s and early 2000s, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that JT would beat Longview.

The only time I can remember JT clearly being the better team was back in the David Warren years and year after Talley graduated...

11 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Horn has never won in Longview. 

Allen is only team outside of JT to beat us at home under King (excluding the forfeit to Evangel). 

Congrats on the three wins. 

Would take a loss to JT any day of the week though if it meant we end up as Champs again. 

LP has never won at Lobo during King's tenure?? 

10 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I guess we will find out soon.  JT has some talent coming up as well.   Maybe we can beat yall and then we both win the titles in our classes...lol

Did JT lose any players to that new school Tyler opened?

17 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I gotta give credit when it’s due, Longview has the best alumni refs money can buy. 🙃😂

Lol. Totally. I love it when the Lobo refs tackle QBs in the backfield and score touchdowns against opposing teams. It's awesome. 

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Yeah, just imagine a repeat, which Longview has a good chance to do...

Like I said...   there'll be no living with us. I'll be banned before I even get on the bus back from Jerryworld.   :D 

• Like 1

There is no dispute that Longview under Coach King has owned Lufkin at Lobo Stadium since 2007.  In fact the last 10 years for sure, the Lobo program has been far more successful playoff wise in every way.  In fact eliminated Lufkin in the first round about 3 times during that span.   Facts are facts, I don't like it one bit, it is just the truth.  Not saying we have not had some very favorable calls at Abe Martin.  All home teams have that or should have that advantage.   JT and Longview is an easier TV broadcast for ESPN from the Longview -Tyler area than in Lufkin.  The last ESPN telecast from Lufkin was in 1988 between Lufkin and Marshall, a 33-29 Maverick win.. ESPN did Lufkin and The Woodlands in THW back in 2006.  The West Monroe game at Independence would have been a really good show for ESPN too.  Do you think ESPN could add that game later if they so choose?

2 hours ago, WolverBean said:

No disrespect but week 4 better pick,not sure why they picked jt maybe cause ,they were at espn 7on7 over summer 

Well JT is one of the most historical programs in Texas (Earl Campbell, Allen Wilson, 1994 Plano East game, Cujo, etc.) and they always have good athletes. Plus, there's an allure to the East Texas rivalry that other games like WM just don't have. 

Lufkin last year in the first game was similar... Great talent on the field, hype around both teams being favored in their respective classifications (sadly LP had a bad day in the playoffs), hard hitting.... you name it. Was a great atmosphere and an even better game  on the field. 

The West Monroe games have been really good and have the whole "Texas vs Louisiana" thing going for them, I guess. 

46 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I gotta give credit when it’s due, Longview has the best alumni refs money can buy. 🙃😂

There was an alum ref in 2007. What happened the other 6 times? And the 3 times in the playoffs? 😛

It makes me sad to think about Coach Outlaw... He had Lufkin competing every year for a while there. They had the state championship and then went to the semifinals something like 3 out of 4 years. Dunno what happened. I think Quick is a good coach, but Outlaw was legendary. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

There was an alum ref in 2007. What happened the other 6 times? And the 3 times in the playoffs? 😛

It makes me sad to think about Coach Outlaw... He had Lufkin competing every year for a while there. They had the state championship and then went to the semifinals something like 3 out of 4 years. Dunno what happened. I think Quick is a good coach, but Outlaw was legendary. 

Outlaw was no doubt legendary, but even in his final years, they were beginning to struggle in the post season. Quick taking over hasn't helped things. It's tough to follow up a successful coach like that, just as it will be for whomever comes in and takes over King. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Nope. Not as HC anyway.

We played em in Longview in 07, 08, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 18...and LV won them all.

Yep. 

King's last home loss to Lufkin was that 14-0 loss in the rain back in 03, but of course he was an assistant that season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Outlaw was no doubt legendary, but even in his final years, they were beginning to struggle in the post season. Quick taking over hasn't helped things. It's tough to follow up a successful coach like that, just as it will be for whomever comes in and takes over King. 

Yeah I remember the lost early to Round Rock in 06 despite being favored to win it all, lost the OT game to one of the Klein schools the next year, lost to Russell Shephard in 08 at Kyle, and never really threatened again under Outlaw. 

Outlaw was not the same coach after that loss to Round Rock in 2006.  Not sure he was what happen after that but the drive in the program changed somewhat.  Not sure he was fully healthy during those last 3 or 4 years, there was a noticeable energy drop in those last few years.  Hard to explain, but there was a difference.   A coach is only as good as his asst coaches around him.   Quick has been shuffling through several the last 7 years, losing 4 or 5 to other schools.  At some point playoff success has to get better or the fan base will want change.  I like Coach Quick, think he is fine coach and person.  Just hard to fill the shoes of a coaching legend like Outlaw even if he was the one who hired Quick and mentored him from day 1.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WolverBean said:

No disrespect but week 4 better pick,not sure why they picked jt maybe cause ,they were at espn 7on7 over summer 

Um because JT is one of the top all time winningest programs in TXHSFB history, #11 in all time wins, and have been a perennial 5A powerhouse since the move down 2010, that’s enough right there lol. Also Longview has the #1 QB in the country and John Tyler has the #6 ATH in the country.... That was nothing but disrespect man comon, who you thought you were fooling? 

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Well JT is one of the most historical programs in Texas (Earl Campbell, Allen Wilson, 1994 Plano East game, Cujo, etc.) and they always have good athletes. Plus, there's an allure to the East Texas rivalry that other games like WM just don't have. 

Lufkin last year in the first game was similar... Great talent on the field, hype around both teams being favored in their respective classifications (sadly LP had a bad day in the playoffs), hard hitting.... you name it. Was a great atmosphere and an even better game  on the field. 

The West Monroe games have been really good and have the whole "Texas vs Louisiana" thing going for them, I guess. 

They probably just trying to be funny.. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 District 11-6A Thread