2019-20 District 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

36 minutes ago, ANTI said:

So pointing out depletion on a team is an excuse, but blaming refs for quarterfinal losses like your fan base did isn't. Good to know lol

Hate to break it to you but injuries matter. They can change the potential and dynamic of a team in a heartbeat. If it didn't, there'd be no need for starting lineups or depth charts. Coaches would just rotate all 80 players on the roster in and out throughout a game. I see nothing wrong with bringing up injuries specifically if it's a critical position or if there's a bunch of them. 

IMO only time an injury is an excuse is if the outcome truly wouldn't have made a difference if said player(s) played or not.

I think the refs were bad in the HP game, but if you up 3 TDS, you got to close the deal. no excuse from me. JT should have won. 

also, I understand that injuries matter, HOWEVER, injuries are apart of the game and EVERYONE has  injuries.  So if we are going to use injuries as an excuse, why even play the game in the first place. Might as well forfeit when you believe you can't overcome the injuries.   And why keep records of win loss records if the wins and losses can be considered subjective based on injuries. I guess Golden state should give back its titles against the Cavs.  

I guarantee If Longview wins a title this yr against a team plagued with injuries, that none of you lobo fans will turn down the trophy or give it to the other team...or even put an asterisk by it. Instead you will brag about repeating and I wouldn't blame you one bit.

Lady Lobos dropped to 2-8 on the season after Friday's matches at the Richardson Berkner Tournament. Ladies lost to Wylie 2-0 (25-18, 25-12), McKinney North 2-0 (25-11, 25-5) and Kennedale 2-0 (25-15, 25-16). 

Looking like an extremely rough season ahead for Longview's VB team. 

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I don't acknowledge anything because its doesn't matter.  You step on the field with what you got. Either its good enough or it aint. 

and how does bringing up an absurd statement made by a lobo fan give JT any kind of insurance. If JT lose they lose. I don't make excuses.  

By the way, I will keep bringing it up every yr or every day or every minute if I like, just to expose how ridiculous some Lobo fans can be when they lose.

Exactly. You have to keep reminding yourself as if you have some moral high ground after Longview pounds you time and time again. "Well, we lost, we have a losing record against them, etc.... But hey! A Lobo fan said something ridiculous once!" Lmao!

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Exactly. You have to keep reminding yourself as if you have some moral high ground after Longview pounds you time and time again. "Well, we lost, we have a losing record against them, etc.... But hey! A Lobo fan said something ridiculous once!" Lmao!

uh...have you had too much to drink tonight.   You really think I care that much if Longview beats John Tyler?  Heck, I have personally picked Longview on several occasions to beat JT.  You're so busy trying to get one in on me that you don't even realize that the overall point to my entire argument is that you guys take this way too serious.  It's just a bunch of kids playing a game.  At the end of the day, I want all of these kids to do well.  I root for JT because its my school and I want them to win, but if they lose, who cares.  I'm not going to make up excuses or get banned on smoaky for going nuts after a loss.  It's all for fun, that's why I can root for Longview to win state , because It really ain't that serious. 

And to think, I thought you were one of the logical lobo fans. I thought we were actually on the same page with your earlier posts ....but I guess you had me fooled. A lobo in sheep clothing....lol 

2 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Oh ok nevermind...

Tyler ISD created some alternative type schools similar to Lead Academy in Longview.  Rise Academy and Early College High, but they don't have sports.  There is also a couple of charter schools in Tyler too.  All are pretty small schools except Cumberland. Cumberland is 4a but they don't have football.  Im sure both JT and Lee have lost students to that school, but probably hits Lee harder.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 District 11-6A Thread
  • 2 weeks later...

Week 1 for 11-6A....

Mesquite vs Lake Highlands
Mesquite Horn at John Tyler
Longview at Lufkin
North Mesquite at Arlington Sam Houston
Rockwall vs Highland Park
Rockwall Heath vs Keller Timber Creek (Thursday)
Tyler Lee at Marshall

11-6A football gets underway tomorrow night with Rockwall Heath hosting Keller Timber Creek.

With the season starting up, wanted to post the radio links of all 11-6A schools in case someone wanted to listen to any of the games. Will try and do this weekly so it'll stay fresh within the thread.

Thursday
Rockwall Heath vs Keller Timber Creek - SportsGram.net (Hoping for a live video feed, they usually have them on THU/SAT games)

Friday
Longview at Lufkin - 106.5 JACK FM
Mesquite vs Lake Highlands - 88.5 FM KEOM
Mesquite Horn at John Tyler - 97.5 FM KTBB or 92.1 The Team FM
Rockwall vs Highland Park - SportsGram.net
Tyler Lee at Marshall - 97.5 FM KTBB or 92.1 The Team FM

No broadcast:
North Mesquite at Arlington Sam Houston

After Week 1 -

1) Longview (1-0, 0-0)
2) Mesquite (1-0, 0-0)
3) Mesquite Horn (1-0, 0-0)
4) Rockwall Heath (1-0, 0-0)
5) Tyler Lee (1-0, 0-0)
6) North Mesquite (1-0, 0-0)
7) Rockwall (1-0, 0-0)

Longview knocks off Lufkin, 24-21. Mesquite defeats Lake Highlands, 21-6. Mesquite Horn knocks off John Tyler, 39-17. Rockwall Heath tops Keller Timber Creek, 38-10. Tyler Lee upsets Marshall, 27-20.
North Mesquite falls to Arlington Sam Houston, 21-17. Rockwall drops a 66-59 decision to Highland Park.

This week...
Longview hosts Marshall
Mesquite travels to Grand Prairie (Thursday)
Mesquite Horn hosts Highland Park
North Mesquite hosts Garland Lakeview Centennial
Rockwall travels to Rowlett
Rockwall Heath hosts Wylie
Tyler Lee takes on John Tyler (Saturday)

Will get radio links up on Thursday morning.

• Like 1

Radio broadcast links this week for 11-6A:

Thursday
Mesquite at Grand Prairie (No Broadcast)

Friday
Marshall at Longview - 106.5 JACK FM
Mesquite Horn vs Highland Park - 88.5 FM KEOM
North Mesquite vs Garland Lakeview Centennial (No Broadcast)
Rockwall at Rowlett - SportsGram.net
Rockwall Heath vs Wylie - SportsGram.net

Saturday
Tyler Lee vs John Tyler - 97.5 FM KTBB or 92.1 The Team FM

Week 2 scores for District 11-6A -
Longview 53, Marshall 0
Mesquite 37, Grand Prairie 9
Mesquite Horn 25, Highland Park 52
North Mesquite 33, Garland Lakeview Centennial 14
Rockwall 50, Rowlett 7
Rockwall Heath 44, Wylie 41 (2OT)
Tyler Lee 34, John Tyler 7

District standings after Week 2 -
1) Longview (2-0, 0-0)
2) Mesquite (2-0, 0-0)
3) Rockwall Heath (2-0, 0-0)
4) Tyler Lee (2-0, 0-0)
5) Mesquite Horn (1-1, 0-0)
6) North Mesquite (1-1, 0-0)
7) Rockwall (1-1, 0-0)

First two weeks of play have definitely shown that this district is better from top to bottom than last year. Heath and Lee are much improved. How much improved we'll see come district play. North even isn't as bad as I originally expected. Obviously Longview and Rockwall are still the class of the district. Mesquite and Horn should still both be 3rd and 4th, but Lee and Heath are trying to jump into that conversation for sure. 

• Like 1

Week three schedule for 11-6A - 

Thursday:
Longview at John Tyler
North Mesquite at Fort Worth Paschal

Friday:
Mesquite vs Plano West
Mesquite Horn at Cedar Hill
Rockwall vs Arlington Bowie
Rockwall Heath at Richland
Tyler Lee vs Nacogdoches

Will get radio links up on Wednesday. Longview vs John Tyler will be on ESPN2.

Thursday 
North Mesquite at Fort Worth Paschal - 88.5 FM KEOM
Longview at John Tyler - 106.5 JACK FM & ESPN 2

Friday
Mesquite vs Plano West - No Broadcast
Mesquite Horn at Cedar Hill - ChampionsSportsRadio
Rockwall vs Arlington Bowie - SportsGram.net
Rockwall Heath at Richland - SportsGram.net

Saturday
Tyler Lee vs Nacogdoches - 97.5 FM KTBB or 92.1 The Team FM