4) Rockwall Heath (3-1, 0-0)
5) Tyler Lee (3-1, 0-0)
6) North Mesquite (2-2, 0-0)
7) Mesquite Horn (1-3, 0-0)

11-6A Week Five Schedule -
Rockwall at Longview
Mesquite vs. Mesquite Horn
Tyler Lee at Rockwall Heath

By far the worst week of the season for the district, with Longview/Mesquite/Rockwall the only wins. Heath and Lee pick up their first losses of the season, both to 5A squads, North falls hard against Haltom and Horn gets blown out at home against Arlington. District starts this week, with three huge games with playoff implications. 

Longview/Rockwall has district title aspirations to it.
Tyler Lee/Rockwall Heath has an early elimination feel to it.
Mesquite/Mesquite Horn is a huge game for both squads but for different reasons. Mesquite undefeated, looking to throw their hat into the district title race while Horn is looking to prove the 1-3 start is a bit of a fluke. 

• 2 weeks later...

11-6A Week Five -
Longview 49, Rockwall 3
Mesquite Horn 35, Mesquite 14
Tyler Lee 39, Rockwall Heath 34

11-6A Standings -
1) Longview (5-0, 1-0)
2) Tyler Lee (4-1, 1-0)
3) Mesquite Horn (2-3, 1-0)
4) North Mesquite (2-2, 0-0)
5) Mesquite (4-1, 0-1)
6) Rockwall (3-2, 0-1)
7) Rockwall Heath (3-2, 0-1)

11-6A Week Six Schedule -
Mesquite Horn at Rockwall
North Mesquite at Tyler Lee
Rockwall Heath at Mesquite
Longview - Bye

Huge victory for all three schools this week. Longview made their statement, shutting down one of...if not the...best offenses in the state. Mesquite Horn picked up a huge win over their previously unbeaten crosstown rivals Mesquite. And Lee got a huge victory over Heath to give themselves a leg up in the post season race.

Another big week ahead. Both Lee and North are in must wins games, for how the district should play out. Heath and Mesquite are also in must win games, I would say. 

11-6A Week Six -
Rockwall 45, Mesquite Horn 7
Tyler Lee 35, North Mesquite 17
Mesquite 49, Rockwall Heath 39
Longview - Bye

11-6A Standings -
1) Tyler Lee (5-1, 2-0)
2) Longview (5-0, 1-0)
3) Mesquite (5-1, 1-1)
4) Rockwall (4-2, 1-1)
5) Mesquite Horn (2-4, 1-1)
6) North Mesquite (2-3, 0-1)
7) Rockwall Heath (3-3, 0-2)

11-6A Week Seven Schedule -
Longview at Mesquite Horn (Hanby)
Mesquite vs North Mesquite (Memorial)
Rockwall Heath vs Rockwall (Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium)

Another big statement week. Rockwall showed their clearly the second best team in the district. Tyler Lee got the huge win to put themselves above the bottom 3 and set up a pretty big playoff show down in Week 8 against Mesquite. And Mesquite, struggled but found a way to pull out the win.

Pretty big week again this week. Horn wanting to rebound, Longview wanting to keep their winning streak alive. Rockwall and Heath this year will be very interesting with the way Spradlin has transformed the Heath offense already. North in a must win against the Skeeters, as they begin the 11-6A gauntlet run of Mesquite-Rockwall-Longview-Horn. 

• Like 1

With 5 weeks of football left, lets take a look over at 12-6A. 

Current standings....
1) Temple (4-1, 3-0)
2) Waco Midway (3-2, 3-0)
3) Killeen Shoemaker (3-2, 2-1)
4) Belton (2-4, 2-2)
5) Killeen Ellison (2-4, 2-2)
6) Killeen Harker Heights (2-4, 2-2)
7) Copperas Cove (2-4, 1-3)
8. Killeen (1-5, 1-3)
9) Waco (0-5, 0-3)

So for Waco Midway to go Division I, as they did last season, either Cove or Waco has to make the post season. That is not going to happen this year. Cove is not a good football team, and they've already lost to both Ellison and Killeen (on top of Belton as well) this season...with Temple and Midway still left to play. You're not making the post season with five losses in this district. 

So from a Longview stand point, the only thing we need to watch is that November 1st match up between Temple and Waco Midway, in Hewitt. That will decide the Division II pairings.

In terms of Division I, Shoemaker has shown they are the third best team in the district with wins over Belton and Killeen already..and they battled with Temple for most of the game. Belton has shown they have absolutely zero defense this season, but their offense is somehow probably one of the better ones in this district. Harker Heights with two shocking wins to jump back in. I feel for Ellison, because they could easily be sitting at 4-0, but two 2OT losses has them at 2-2. Their loss to Harker Heights this week (24-21 in 2 OT) really hurts their playoff chances. But the Division I race will be extremely interesting to watch down the stretch. 

Current Projections for Bi-District -
DIVISION I:
11 #1 Rockwall vs 12 #2 Belton
11 #2 Mesquite vs 12 #1 Killeen Shoemaker

DIVISION II:
11 #1 Longview vs 12 #2 Waco Midway
11 #2 Mesquite Horn vs 12 #1 Temple

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

With 5 weeks of football left, lets take a look over at 12-6A. 

Current standings....
1) Temple (4-1, 3-0)
2) Waco Midway (3-2, 3-0)
3) Killeen Shoemaker (3-2, 2-1)
4) Belton (2-4, 2-2)
5) Killeen Ellison (2-4, 2-2)
6) Killeen Harker Heights (2-4, 2-2)
7) Copperas Cove (2-4, 1-3)
8. Killeen (1-5, 1-3)
9) Waco (0-5, 0-3)

So for Waco Midway to go Division I, as they did last season, either Cove or Waco has to make the post season. That is not going to happen this year. Cove is not a good football team, and they've already lost to both Ellison and Killeen (on top of Belton as well) this season...with Temple and Midway still left to play. You're not making the post season with five losses in this district. 

So from a Longview stand point, the only thing we need to watch is that November 1st match up between Temple and Waco Midway, in Hewitt. That will decide the Division II pairings.

In terms of Division I, Shoemaker has shown they are the third best team in the district with wins over Belton and Killeen already..and they battled with Temple for most of the game. Belton has shown they have absolutely zero defense this season, but their offense is somehow probably one of the better ones in this district. Harker Heights with two shocking wins to jump back in. I feel for Ellison, because they could easily be sitting at 4-0, but two 2OT losses has them at 2-2. Their loss to Harker Heights this week (24-21 in 2 OT) really hurts their playoff chances. But the Division I race will be extremely interesting to watch down the stretch. 

Current Projections for Bi-District -
DIVISION I:
11 #1 Rockwall vs 12 #2 Belton
11 #2 Mesquite vs 12 #1 Killeen Shoemaker

DIVISION II:
11 #1 Longview vs 12 #2 Waco Midway
11 #2 Mesquite Horn vs 12 #1 Temple

😂😂😂😂

• Confused 1
  • Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Because you don’t have Lee in the playoffs

I figured. Just wanted to hear him say it lol.

Lee has proven nothing other than they're not the worst team in the district for the first time in a decade.

• LOL! 4

1 hour ago, footballjunky said:

Why such the hate toward lee? 

How is anything I posted “hate?”

Its the truth. They’ve beaten the two teams that will finish at the bottom of the district. They’re a solid 5th place team that has a chance to upset Mesquite and get to 4th but has to prove it first.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

How is anything I posted “hate?”

Its the truth. They’ve beaten the two teams that will finish at the bottom of the district. They’re a solid 5th place team that has a chance to upset Mesquite and get to 4th but has to prove it first.

Some folks can't handle a honest assestment even if it not favorable

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Yeah that INAPPROPRIATE. I see why you are negative rating.

You think I care about a rating? Coach Traylor and them boys have worked hard to get better each day and I constantly see them getting disrespected on here. Them tables always turn remember that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1