2019-20 District 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

36 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Sounds like yalk bottled up that offense pretty good. Thats a good Judson team yall just beat.

Very good team. Tall Defensive ends and very good running backs. Linemen blocked well too. #34 was a beast when they gave it to him. Willie Nelson too. I don’t think they got it at all in the 4th after Judson went down 8-0. Pack 8th grade defense played well. They put pressure and sacked the Qb a few times. Also got two turnovers from him that were key. The future is bright for both teams  

It's the defensive standouts (for Judson and Foster) that I'm most excited about. Haven't seen Forest Park yet, but Judson and Foster already have some kids who will ring some bells. It's exciting to see at such a young age. 

1 minute ago, AKA said:

It's the defensive standouts (for Judson and Foster) that I'm most excited about. Haven't seen Forest Park yet, but Judson and Foster already have some kids who will ring some bells. It's exciting to see at such a young age. 

Them dudes on defense can ball for sure.

Tough week for Judson and Foster offensively...but they still got plenty of talent on that side of the ball. I credit LP. 

FP went crazy this week on offense.

• Like 1

11-6A Week Seven -
Longview 44, Mesquite Horn 20
Rockwall 38, Rockwall Heath 17
Mesquite 45, North Mesquite 10
Tyler Lee - Bye

11-6A Standings -
1) Longview (5-0, 1-0)
2) Tyler Lee (5-1, 2-0)
3) Mesquite (6-1, 2-1)
4) Rockwall (5-2, 2-1)
5) Mesquite Horn (2-5, 1-2)
6) North Mesquite (2-4, 0-2)
7) Rockwall Heath (3-4, 0-3)

11-6A Week Eight Schedule -
Rockwall Heath at Longview (Lobo Stadium)
North Mesquite at Rockwall (Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium)
Tyler Lee at Mesquite (E.H. Hanby Stadium)

The expected storyline continued this week in 11-6A. The Lobos, Yellowjackets and Skeeters all won their expected games while Lee sat out. Horn gets a much needed bye week this week after facing Mesquite, Rockwall then Longview in three consecutive weeks. This is the point where they really turned it on last season. Rockwall Heath heads to Longview this week in a game that will decide their season. They'll be eliminated from post season contention with a loss on Friday. North Mesquite fell to 0-2 to open district play and now has Rockwall then Longview in consecutive weeks. They'll have to win one of those two to stay in post season contention. The big game of the week is Tyler Lee at Mesquite. Horn holds the tie breaker over the Skeeters, and Lee/Horn play in the final week of the season. But there's basically two teams fighting for three spots in Mesquite, Horn and Lee. I really think this is going to be the deciding game on who gets that #4 spot. It shouldn't effect Longview or Rockwall too much but it definitely will matter to Horn, as if Lee gets in the Jags go Division I while if Mesquite wins they'll likely go Division II. Mesquite hasn't looked the best in district play this season, even struggling with North early on, but they're 6-1 for a reason. So we'll see who can pull out the big win on Friday night.

12-6A Overview

Current standings....
1) Temple (5-1, 4-0)
2) Waco Midway (4-2, 4-0)
3) Killeen Shoemaker (4-2, 3-1)
4) Killeen Harker Heights (3-4, 3-2)
5) Belton (2-4, 2-2)
6) Killeen Ellison (2-5, 2-3)
7) Copperas Cove (2-5, 1-4)
8. Killeen (1-6, 1-4)
9) Waco (0-6, 0-4)

As we look at things this week, let's break it down. 

Temple and Waco Midway are the top 2 teams in the district. They'll face off on November 1st to decide who gets top spot in Division II and who gets the bottom spot. There's four games left for both teams, and really the only team that Midway has left that could upset them is Shoemaker. Even so, a loss to Shoemaker and a win over Temple would still give the Panthers the tiebreaker. 

Shoemaker sits in third, with wins over Ellison, Killeen and Belton. They have Waco, Midway, Copperas Cove and Harker Heights left. Unless an upset happens, they're not losing to Waco or Cove. Heights might be closer than the other two, but they also should win those two. I'd say they're a solid, solid bet for that third spot.

Harker Heights sits at 3-2 after 5 weeks of district play with wins over Waco, Ellison and Killeen. They've lost to Belton. They have Midway, Cove and Shoemaker left. 
Belton comes back from the bye week with 2 wins in district over Cove and Heights. They have Killeen, Ellison, Waco and Midway left. 
Ellison has really screwed themselves this season. They sit at 2-3 in district, with wins over Waco and Cove, but they've lost 2 double overtime games and now a 1 point loss to Shoemaker. They have Temple, Belton and Killeen left.

Harker Heights really needs to upset Shoemaker, they'll win against Cove. Ellison has to win against Belton and Killeen to cause chaos. If Belton defeats Killeen and Waco then on top of that with Cove, it's a done deal. 

The biggest game left is that Belton/Ellison game in two weeks. I still think Belton gets in. 

Cove and Killeen are basically out of it IMO. Waco has been officially eliminated.

Current Projections for Bi-District -
DIVISION I:
11 #1 Rockwall vs 12 #2 Belton
11 #2 Mesquite vs 12 #1 Killeen Shoemaker

DIVISION II:
11 #1 Longview vs 12 #2 Waco Midway
11 #2 Mesquite Horn vs 12 #1 Temple

Waco Midway just had their 37-game district winning streak ended to the hands of....Killeen Harker Heights, 17-14.

Goodness. I am telling you it might be ugly, ugly if the Panthers end up coming to Lobo Stadium on November 15th.

• Like 2

11-6A Week Eight -
Longview 49, Rockwall Heath 13
Rockwall 76, North Mesquite 7
Mesquite 18, Tyler Lee 14
Mesquite Horn - Bye

11-6A Standings -
1) Longview (7-0, 3-0)
2) Mesquite (7-1, 3-1)
3) Rockwall (6-2, 3-1)
4) Tyler Lee (5-2, 2-1)
5) Mesquite Horn (2-5, 1-2)
6) North Mesquite (2-5, 0-3)
7) Rockwall Heath (3-5, 0-4)

11-6A Week Nine Schedule -
Longview at North Mesquite (E.H. Hanby Stadium)
Mesquite Horn at Rockwall Heath (Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium)
Rockwall at Tyler Lee (Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium)
Mesquite - Bye

Longview and Rockwall continue their roll, with dominating victories. Smith set the all-time 6A receiving record mark in their domination over North. Longview eliminated Heath with their victory on Friday night. Lobos can eliminate North this Friday with a victory. Lobos can clinch their 19th consecutive playoff appearance with a win AND a Horn loss to Heath. 

The biggest game on Friday was Mesquite's last second come from behind victory over Lee. But the win was much bigger for Mesquite, as that would've all but eliminated the Skeeters (still having Rockwall and Longview to play). Tyler Lee is still very much alive, but with Longview, Rockwall and Mesquite Horn to finish the season, the biggest one will most likely come down to the Horn/Lee game. 

We're down to the final two weeks of the regular season already. It has flown by, as it always does.

11-6A Week Nine -
Longview 55, North Mesquite 0
Rockwall 35, Tyler Lee 32
Rockwall Heath 47, Mesquite Horn 31

11-6A Standings -
1) Longview (8-0, 4-0)
2) Rockwall (6-2, 4-1)
3) Mesquite (7-1, 3-1)
4) Tyler Lee (5-3, 2-2)
5) Mesquite Horn (2-6, 1-3)
6) Rockwall Heath (4-5, 1-4)
7) North Mesquite (2-6, 0-4)

11-6A Week Ten Schedule - 
Tyler Lee at Longview
Mesquite at Rockwall
Mesquite Horn v. North Mesquite

It's a huge week in determining things in 11-6A.

Longview can lock up the Division II Top Spot, and a share of the district championship. They already have a playoff berth clinched.

Rockwall has clinched a playoff berth. They can lock up the top spot in Division I with a win on Friday night.

Mesquite can clinch a playoff berth on Friday with a win OR a loss and a loss by Lee or Horn.

Tyler Lee can clinch a playoff berth on Friday with a win AND a Horn loss. 

Mesquite Horn can be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss AND a Tyler Lee win. 

North Mesquite and Rockwall Heath have been both eliminated already. 

Huge night tomorrow for Longview, Rockwall, Mesquite, Lee and Horn.

Pretty big week in 12-6A as well. 

Temple travels to Hewitt to take on the Waco Midway Panthers in the district championship showdown. Winner gets a home get, loser gets to travel to Longview (unless the Lobos slip up these next two weeks, and Lee wins out). 

Killeen Shoemaker can clinch a playoff berth with a win over Copperas Cove tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Huge night tomorrow for Longview, Rockwall, Mesquite, Lee and Horn.

Assuming both schools win tomorrow night, isn't next week's matchup of Longview vs. Mesquite High a de facto district championship game? 

I admit, I haven't done a good job of keeping track of who's already beaten who, so I wasn't sure...  

5 minutes ago, AKA said:

Assuming both schools win tomorrow night, isn't next week's matchup of Longview vs. Mesquite High a de facto district championship game? 

I admit, I haven't done a good job of keeping track of who's already beaten who, so I wasn't sure...  

Good pick up. It would be. But I don't think Mesquite comes close to beating Rockwall tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Good pick up. It would be. But I don't think Mesquite comes close to beating Rockwall tbh.

Gotcha...  we're brainstorming ways to hype up that matchup next week. So I guess we're rooting for the Skeeters on Friday night.  :D 

11-6A Week Ten -
Longview 49, Tyler Lee 7
Rockwall 66, Mesquite 42
Mesquite Horn 28, North Mesquite 14
Rockwall Heath - Bye

11-6A Standings -
1) Longview (9-0, 5-0)
2) Rockwall (8-2, 5-1)
3) Mesquite (7-2, 3-2)
4) Tyler Lee (5-4, 2-3)
5) Mesquite Horn (3-6, 2-3)
6) Rockwall Heath (4-5, 1-4)
7) North Mesquite (2-7, 0-5)

11-6A Week Eleven Schedule - 
Longview at Mesquite
Mesquite Horn at Tyler Lee
Rockwall Heath at North Mesquite {Thursday}
Rockwall - Bye

Longview has clinched top spot in D2. Rockwall has clinched top spot in D1. Mesquite will be #2 seed in D1. 

Mesquite Horn at Tyler Lee will decide who goes to the #2 spot in Division II.  

12-6A Round Up
Waco Midway and Temple will go Division II.

Killeen Shoemaker has clinched and will go Division I. Killeen Harker Heights and Belton are the only two teams that are fighting still for that #4 spot.

Important games this week:
Waco Midway at Belton
Copperas Cove at Temple
Killeen Harker Heights at Killeen Shoemaker

SCENARIOS -
Division I:
* Killeen Harker Heights win - Killeen Harker Heights would host Mesquite, Killeen Shoemaker would travel to Rockwall.
* Killeen Harker Heights loss/Belton win - Killeen Shoemaker would host Mesquite, Belton would travel to Rockwall
* Killeen Harker Heights loss/Belton loss - Killeen Shoemaker would host Mesquite, Killeen Harker Heights would travel to Rockwall.

Division II:
* Waco Midway win - Midway would host the winner of Tyler Lee/Mesquite Horn, Temple would travel to Longview. 
* Waco Midway loss/Temple win - Midway would travel to Longview, Temple would host winner of Tyler Lee/Mesquite Horn.
* Waco Midway loss/Temple loss - Midway would host the winner of Tyler Lee/Mesquite Horn, Temple would travel to Longview. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, Kwsredraiders1990 said:

I just want to make it to the playoffs it's been a minute.

Been quite a few teams do this year with a long absence. Greenville Sabine , Mount Enterprise, Pine Tree, Palestine, Spring Hill. I am sure others are having great years so good seeing that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Lobos won their first game of the season on Friday, a 50-43 victory over John Tyler. Longview improved to 61-18 all-time against the Lady Lions, winning their 4th in a row.
https://lobohistory.com/basketball/ladylobos/gamelogs/johntyler.html

Lady Lobos play at Nacogdoches tonight. Longview is 55-2 all-time against Nac.

Lobos host Hallsville tonight in their second game of the season. Longview is 1-0 on the year, and hold a 27-14 series edge against the Bobcats.