2019-20 District 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Um because JT is one of the top all time winningest programs in TXHSFB history, #11 in all time wins, and have been a perennial 5A powerhouse since the move down 2010, that’s enough right there lol. Also Longview has the #1 QB in the country and John Tyler has the #6 ATH in the country.... That was nothing but disrespect man comon, who you thought you were fooling? 

To be fair, West Monroe is one of the most storied teams in Louisiana as well, winning 8 state titles and 2 national titles. I know, it's Louisiana and they're not as good as they used to be in the late 90s/early 00s (when they beat even Midland Lee when Cedric Benson was there), but it isn't exactly an insult to think that WM would be a bigger game than JT. 

It's pretty awesome we have the opportunities to watch and play against some of the best teams in this area. JT, Longview, West Monroe... Even Marshall has a big history. 

25 minutes ago, mav01 said:

Marshall is ranked 4th in state. So Longview is playing the top 3 teams in the area in big school, as far as rankings go. 

Marshall is the clear 6th best team we will play in our first 6 games. Lufkin, John Tyler, West Monroe, Rockwall and Mesquite Horn would all beat the Mavs soundly imo.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

To be fair, West Monroe is one of the most storied teams in Louisiana as well, winning 8 state titles and 2 national titles. I know, it's Louisiana and they're not as good as they used to be in the late 90s/early 00s (when they beat even Midland Lee when Cedric Benson was there), but it isn't exactly an insult to think that WM would be a bigger game than JT. 

It's pretty awesome we have the opportunities to watch and play against some of the best teams in this area. JT, Longview, West Monroe... Even Marshall has a big history. 

*coughs*

but maybe we aren’t a top team and don’t have a big history. Lv by 9000 🤦🏾‍♂️

7 hours ago, gtee2 said:

The only time I can remember JT clearly being the better team was back in the David Warren years and year after Talley graduated...

It did start during David Warren yrs.  JT beat LV 6 out of 7 yrs from 94-2000. The only loss was a 20-14 lobo win in 97 (Which was Talley's junior yr). That was the yr that JT was ranked #1 and LV was #2. Jt went to semi's in Div 2 and Longview went to state in Div.1.  I think at one point that season 5 out of the 6 teams in the district was ranked in the top 10. (Nac the exception)   By the way, since some lobo fans like to bring up injuries as excuses to losses, JT's starting QB didn't play that game, he got hurt against Nac a couple games before.  BUT no excuses from me...lol.

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

It did start during David Warren yrs.  JT beat LV 6 out of 7 yrs from 94-2000. The only loss was a 20-14 lobo win in 97 (Which was Talley's junior yr). That was the yr that JT was ranked #1 and LV was #2. Jt went to semi's in Div 2 and Longview went to state in Div.1.  I think at one point that season 5 out of the 6 teams in the district was ranked in the top 10. (Nac the exception)   By the way, since some lobo fans like to bring up injuries as excuses to losses, JT's starting QB didn't play that game, he got hurt against Nac a couple games before.  BUT no excuses from me...lol.

You just decided to bring it up 22 years later randomly LOL

I mean, it's an objective fact that JT would've been better in that game at full strength. And Longview would've been better that one year we lost to JT and were missing several players. Would they have won? Who knows.

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You just decided to bring it up 22 years later randomly LOL

I mean, it's an objective fact that JT would've been better in that game at full strength. And Longview would've been better that one year we lost to JT and were missing several players. Would they have won? Who knows.

I was just doing what Lobo fans do.  No excuse from me.  The lobos were the better team that night.  lol  

4 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I was just doing what Lobo fans do.  No excuse from me.  The lobos were the better team that night.  lol  

If you say so... Again, it's an objective fact that JT would've been better at full strength. Acknowledging that doesn't take away from the Longview win in my eyes. 

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

If you say so... Again, it's an objective fact that JT would've been better at full strength. Acknowledging that doesn't take away from the Longview win in my eyes. 

I'm not taking away from those wins.  I only brought it up as a joke because your side does it

56 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

They were the week before the Longview/John Tyler game. But John Tyler lost to Lufkin the week before and dropped to 6th the week of the Lobo game while Longview came to Rose the #1 squad.

No doubt that JT had Longview's number from 1994 to 2000. But even with that seven year stretch, Longview is 34-15-1 against the Lions in the last 50 meetings. 

28 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I'm not taking away from those wins.  I only brought it up as a joke because your side does it

Right... But do you acknowledge JT would've been better that night at full strength? Or that Longview would've been better at full strength in 2014 or whenever? 

I love how you bring it up every year (5+ years after the fact at that) as if it is some insurance policy or something in case JT gets beat. 

Did you guys hear that Longview fans once pointed out multiple injuries after they lost a game?! Lol if not, just watch JT99. He'll mention it several more times!

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

They were the week before the Longview/John Tyler game. But John Tyler lost to Lufkin the week before and drop to 6th the week of the Lobo game.

No doubt that JT had Longview's number from 1994 to 2000. But even with that seven year stretch, Longview is 34-15-1 against the Lions in the last 50 meetings. 

And I'm sure in those 15 losses, we just had injuries and would've won otherwise. 😂

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Or that Longview would've been better at full strength in 2014 or whenever? 

I never want to think about 2014 again, minus the one game against Lufkin.

That team was flawed from the get go. John Tyler would've beaten us no matter what they night. Yes, we had plenty of injuries. But uck.

50 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

They were the week before the Longview/John Tyler game. But John Tyler lost to Lufkin the week before and dropped to 6th the week of the Lobo game while Longview came to Rose the #1 squad.

I was thinking that Lufkin game was after the Longview game.  my bad.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Right... But do you acknowledge JT would've been better that night at full strength? Or that Longview would've been better at full strength in 2014 or whenever? 

I love how you bring it up every year (5+ years after the fact at that) as if it is some insurance policy or something in case JT gets beat. 

Did you guys hear that Longview fans once pointed out multiple injuries after they lost a game?! Lol if not, just watch JT99. He'll mention it several more times!

I don't acknowledge anything because its doesn't matter.  You step on the field with what you got. Either its good enough or it aint. 

and how does bringing up an absurd statement made by a lobo fan give JT any kind of insurance. If JT lose they lose. I don't make excuses.  

By the way, I will keep bringing it up every yr or every day or every minute if I like, just to expose how ridiculous some Lobo fans can be when they lose.

3 hours ago, mav01 said:

Marshall is ranked 4th in state. So Longview is playing the top 3 teams in the area in big school, as far as rankings go. 

I can’t remember the last time we started off the year with so many ranked opponents...maybe 2004....in reality our first 5 games are against state ranked opponents

10 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I don't acknowledge anything because its doesn't matter.  You step on the field with what you got. Either its good enough or it aint. 

So pointing out depletion on a team is an excuse, but blaming refs for quarterfinal losses like your fan base did isn't. Good to know lol

Hate to break it to you, but injuries matter. They can change the potential and dynamic of a team in a heartbeat. If it didn't, there'd be no need for starting lineups or depth charts. Coaches would just rotate all 80 players on the roster in and out throughout a game. I see nothing wrong with bringing up injuries specifically if it's a critical position or if there's a bunch of them. 

IMO only time an injury is an excuse is if the outcome truly wouldn't have made a difference if said player(s) played or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I can’t remember the last time we started off the year with so many ranked opponents...maybe 2004....in reality our first 5 games are against state ranked opponents

That 2010 gauntlet of Allen/Abilene/Marshall/JT/Lufkin was no joke.

18 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I wasn’t giving this game much thought but after the drum beating for the last two days from JT fans, I’m definitely going now.....

Hum, all the drum beating I’m reading is about the past,lol but it should be a good football  atmosphere.

28 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That 2010 gauntlet of Allen/Abilene/Marshall/JT/Lufkin was no joke.

That run was pretty crazy. I fully believe it made us better though. It was tough having to experience all those crazy close losses. That Allen one still sits with me. We had them beat, beat and beat...and just couldn't pull it out. But thankfully, they pulled out that Abilene win. Was fun, and definitely kickstarted the fun season that was to come (even though we never should've lost to North).

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 District 11-6A Thread