Dak Prescott Turned Down $30m, Wants $40m

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The only ray of hope I see is that the guys in his draft class aren’t getting $40m. Goff is getting $32m per with his new deal. Wentz is getting $32m per with his new deal. That’s the 1st and 2nd pick in the draft. Dak was a 4th rounder. That’s the market for Dak. It’s not $40m. It’s not $35m. It’s $32m on the high end, $30m- $25m on the reasonable end.

I can't imagine what he is thinking  ... I would like to see the Cowboys hold the line at no more than $32 million ... my guess is Jerruh folds like a duck full of lead and he gets 35 ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I can't imagine what he is thinking  ... I would like to see the Cowboys hold the line at no more than $32 million ... my guess is Jerruh folds like a duck full of lead and he gets 35 ...

That’d be the best worst case scenario I guess, if he can only get $35m. The contract that’s really looking to be a tough one is Amari’s. Tyreek Hill just got $18m per year. Michael Thomas got $20m. What is Amari gonna ask for? That’s the one that really worries me. When he’s good he’s good but he can be average more often than not.

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That’d be the best worst case scenario I guess, if he can only get $35m. The contract that’s really looking to be a tough one is Amari’s. Tyreek Hill just got $18m per year. Michael Thomas got $20m. What is Amari gonna ask for? That’s the one that really worries me. When he’s good he’s good but he can be average more often than not.

I really don't think talent wise Cooper is in the same class as those two ... I'm sure he and his agent disagree with me ... I wonder how deep Jerruh's pockets are? I guess if he overpays for Prescott and Cooper he can always have the rest of the team apply for food stamps ... would love to see the Red Clapper on food stamps ... :woot:

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Jerry must of liked what he seen today.

He needs to hold his horses for a bit.  It was the Gnats, and next up is the Deadskins that put up a fight against Philly today.  It will be at FedEx Field.  I can't proclaim a victory after today even with the depleted Skins almost knocking off Philly.  I want to see how we do against the Patriots, and in the playoffs before he goes hog wild on the contract. 

• 2 weeks later...