D7 3AD1

H3llR4z0r

Alright, I'm tired of not seeing all the old Hughes Springs and Jefferson folks to argue with. Where are y'all at? Who's going to take D7 this year? It's taken way too long to get this ball rolling. Come on MV. Y'all have that new head coach, Bart Sniles or whatever. :p

I know y'all have got to be as pumped as I am that the season is finally getting here.

Also, if a mod sees this, is there any way y'all can make it to where SHillBuckeye's post can be commented on? I'm not sure why it's not. It only allows us to vote, which is LAME! I gotta state my case on why Atlanta will start 1-0 this year. :D 

54 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Alright, I'm tired of not seeing all the old Hughes Springs and Jefferson folks to argue with. Where are y'all at? Who's going to take D7 this year? It's taken way too long to get this ball rolling. Come on MV. Y'all have that new head coach, Bart Sniles or whatever. :p

I know y'all have got to be as pumped as I am that the season is finally getting here.

Also, if a mod sees this, is there any way y'all can make it to where SHillBuckeye's post can be commented on? I'm not sure why it's not. It only allows us to vote, which is LAME! I gotta state my case on why Atlanta will start 1-0 this year. :D 

I see someone has been out in the sun to long lol 

28 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

We will see what Atlanta’s has on week 2. After that I’ll make my pick for that district. Naturally leaning toward Atlanta but they have to fix a very leaky defense from a year ago. 

there defense will be better than they have had the past couple of years,  the offense is what they are gonna have to work on, they lost probably 65% of there offensive production  , they should have a solid o line , and great running backs, its gonna be QB and receiver they need to find someone to step up at... 

12 minutes ago, Mudman246 said:

there defense will be better than they have had the past couple of years,  the offense is what they are gonna have to work on, they lost probably 65% of there offensive production  , they should have a solid o line , and great running backs, its gonna be QB and receiver they need to find someone to step up at... 

Seems Atlanta always finds an offense. How did the defense get better?  JV kids move up and help?  They couldn’t stop the run at all last year. 

56 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

I see Jeffy still has dee black and one of their qbs from last year. Looks like they got a Tatum transfer too. I see they have atleast one big kid upfront on the line. Should be a good competitive district. 

We’ve lost a couple of key transfers and that hurts but I still have Jefferson over Atlanta for the district championship. Jefferson still has plenty of weapons and the defense looks to be much faster than last year. JV was 8-1 last year only losing to MV by 2pts I believe. I do look for Atlanta to be more prepared for the Dawgs this season rather than just lining up and trying to out -athlete us. 

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Seems Atlanta always finds an offense. How did the defense get better?  JV kids move up and help?  They couldn’t stop the run at all last year. 

Several key starters coming back, linebackers and DL. We have some pretty good athletes coming up as well. I would say a lot of our production last year came from our soph and JR backs, and now I hear the younger back is just that much shiftier and faster. We will see! Our offensive line should be improved, as all but 1 come back I believe.

Guest Tiger03lb
7 hours ago, Dawg665 said:

We’ve lost a couple of key transfers and that hurts but I still have Jefferson over Atlanta for the district championship. Jefferson still has plenty of weapons and the defense looks to be much faster than last year. JV was 8-1 last year only losing to MV by 2pts I believe. I do look for Atlanta to be more prepared for the Dawgs this season rather than just lining up and trying to out -athlete us. 

What's returning from last year on defense? I seemed to remember you guys having a good dl and lb

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, Mudman246 said:

When did you get a d line? Lol.  Heard some good things about the qb spot this year. Still not sold on it. 

9 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

When did you get a d line? Lol.  Heard some good things about the qb spot this year. Still not sold on it. 

That’s what I’m not sold on. Having kids come back is good but the Dline wasn’t the strength of the team lol. Maybe a year of working out they got stronger and meaner 😁

On 8/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, Tiger03lb said:

QB spot is up for grabs. I'm ready to see the scrimmage this weekend. We have a Freshman that is going to be a stud. I hadn't even watched him until a couple of Tatum guys caught a glimpse of him when he was in 7th grade. Went and watched him, and he was stellar. I'm really hoping he gets some reps at QB this year, or even the job. But all 3 guys competing have experience. 1 is a sophomore, 1 is a senior. The senior played a few snaps at QB last year, but he's got some solid hands at WR. Would love to have someone to throw to him. 

Our d-line had their moments last year. We had some young players that showed some fire at times. Defense was not our strong suit last year. But, experience and another year of maturity goes a long ways, so we never know what might happen. 

I'm also anxious to see some of these backs we have coming back, and the young ones moving up. We have a sophomore running back that's the younger brother of one of the best defensive lineman I've seen in recent years at Atlanta. He should be pretty stout. Hopefully he's as mean as his brother. We could use a good, punishing back. 

22 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

QB spot is up for grabs. I'm ready to see the scrimmage this weekend. We have a Freshman that is going to be a stud. I hadn't even watched him until a couple of Tatum guys caught a glimpse of him when he was in 7th grade. Went and watched him, and he was stellar. I'm really hoping he gets some reps at QB this year, or even the job. But all 3 guys competing have experience. 1 is a sophomore, 1 is a senior. The senior played a few snaps at QB last year, but he's got some solid hands at WR. Would love to have someone to throw to him. 

Our d-line had their moments last year. We had some young players that showed some fire at times. Defense was not our strong suit last year. But, experience and another year of maturity goes a long ways, so we never know what might happen. 

I know what’s going to happen if Gladewater don’t abandon running around the right side. 🤣

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I know what’s going to happen if Gladewater don’t abandon running around the right side. 🤣

That QB you told me about is finally fixing to start making his debut. I sure hope he gets some varsity time this year.