old school offenses

Destry

1 hour ago, JV_COACH said:

It depends if some of these towns want to give thier kids a chance to win or whether they want to get thier “athlete” the ball in space. 

I would think that if you can consistently get the ball into the hands of your best athletes then it is a successful offense.

45 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I would think that if you can consistently get the ball into the hands of your best athletes then it is a successful offense.

I don’t care how good the athletes are, if you don’t get the blocking right, you’re not beating good football teams consistently. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

Not sure who you’re referring to. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

Not sure who you’re referring to. 

He ran the single wing and made huge improvements and the playoffs. Now he is abandoning the wing in favor of the spread.

22 minutes ago, Destry said:

He ran the single wing and made huge improvements and the playoffs. Now he is abandoning the wing in favor of the spread.

Ok I see. I don’t disagree with you. Having spoken to a couple of different head coaches, they told me last year that the single wing was much more difficult to prepare for. That was during the season. 

If you can't defend option football,yall in trouble from the get go. Small school ball is eat up with one variant of the wing or other anymore..people are getting away from the spread more and more.seems coaches come in and take over a program and then jump into misdirection football to give their team a fighting chance till they develope their own system 

I have no problem what so ever with that,growing up in an Era where power run was the norm and controlling the Los was a goal every line coach preached.

Worked many an hour on technic and lived in the weight room...lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 8:50 PM, Valhalla said:

I am a spread guy, but I want to spread it out to run the ball. You can still have an effective ball control offense in spread formations. You dont have to encourage all eleven defenders to be in the box.

I think that’s a good plan as long as you have a QB and WR that they have to respect. If not, now you have less men to create blocking angles, have to have a lot more 1on1 blocks which for some schools is a bad idea. But there are 1000 ways to skin a cat obviously