What East Texas teams do you think have a great chance to win a state title? Every Classification..

Bigj47

6A (D-II): Longview
4A (D-I): Carthage
4A (D-II): Pleasant Grove
3A (D-I): Atlanta
3A (D-II): Newton
2A (D-I): San Augustine
2A (D-II): Grapeland
Six-Man: Oakwood (not technically East Texas)

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, AKA said:

Graceland!!! I think that would be a sign of the coming apocalypse! 

1 hour ago, AKA said:

* 5A D1- John Tyler 

*5A D2- Marshall

fixed your typo

• Like 1

Just now, Pack007 said:

New coach. How good is he? 

He has a ring. He wasn’t nearly as successful at Harleton the last four years as he was at Tenaha obviously. Now, to be totally fair, Nick Saban would have had a tough time winning at Harleton with the athletes he had and the teams they were up against. But the guy can coach. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

* 5A D1- John Tyler 

*5A D2- Marshall

fixed your typo

I think Lufkin may be better this year. Honestly think we were the better overall team when healthy last season after watching both teams. But who has the best chance to make it to state? Probably JT. Y’all have at least proven that you can make a run on the new 5A level. Pack will have to show me. I do think the offense will be better this year.....the only bad thing is the person running it aka the OC. 

• Like 1

Just now, trueblue82 said:

He has a ring. He wasn’t nearly as successful at Harleton the last four years as he was at Tenaha obviously. Now, to be totally fair, Nick Saban would have had a tough time winning at Harleton with the athletes he had and the teams they were up against. But the guy can coach. 

Gotcha. Grapeland has a good group returning. So, who knows? 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

Gotcha. Grapeland has a good group returning. So, who knows? 

At Tenaha, he didn’t lose a district game in the 6 years he was there. I think they went like 42-5 against schools their size, and I believe three of those losses were to state champion teams. 

4 hours ago, AKA said:

Atlanta 😡

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

I think Lufkin may be better this year. Honestly think we were the better overall team when healthy last season after watching both teams. But who has the best chance to make it to state? Probably JT. Y’all have at least proven that you can make a run on the new 5A level. Pack will have to show me. I do think the offense will be better this year.....the only bad thing is the person running it aka the OC. 

As long as one of us beat Highland Park then I don’t care lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Shoulda beat dey a$$ last year...

As long as the games are played at Jerry World, ya gotta overcome the home cooking officiating against Highland Park .... their opponents got hosed big time the past two state championship games .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

54 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

As long as the games are played at Jerry World, ya gotta overcome the home cooking officiating against Highland Park .... their opponents got hosed big time the past two state championship games .... 

The Game last year was played at that Frisco lone star stadium that i guess jerry owns too lol. The star or whatever..

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

The Game last year was played at that Frisco lone star stadium that i guess jerry owns too lol. The star or whatever..

Mane we can’t beat money mane. I mean jerry rather pay off the refs for highland park than pay Ezekiel Elliott.... now we know why he don’t wanna pay him 🚨🚨🚨🚨

• LOL! 2

11 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Mane we can’t beat money mane. I mean jerry rather pay off the refs for highland park than pay Ezekiel Elliott.... now we know why he don’t wanna pay him 🚨🚨🚨🚨

I wouldn’t put it on the refs though, JT should’ve won that game after leading by several scores. It wasn’t like our 02 game with SLC when they gave the receiver a catch that hit the ground. JT was up by like 3 scores i think 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

Far stretch on Grapeland. The stud Qb that slung it around graduated. 

Yes, but the question was for East Texas teams that have a chance. 

I wouldn't put money on Grapeland getting to the big dance, but I can't think of any other 2A D-II teams in East Texas that have a better shot. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I wouldn’t put it on the refs though, JT should’ve won that game after leading by several scores. It wasn’t like our 02 game with SLC when they gave the receiver a catch that hit the ground. JT was up by like 3 scores i think 

Yea JT blew it

15 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Weird since it was a Houston officiating chapter working the HP-Shadow Creek game last year

• LOL! 1