What East Texas teams do you think have a great chance to win a state title? Every Classification..

Bigj47

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I wouldn’t put it on the refs though, JT should’ve won that game after leading by several scores. It wasn’t like our 02 game with SLC when they gave the receiver a catch that hit the ground. JT was up by like 3 scores i think 

True 

19 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I think Lufkin may be better this year. Honestly think we were the better overall team when healthy last season after watching both teams. But who has the best chance to make it to state? Probably JT. Y’all have at least proven that you can make a run on the new 5A level. Pack will have to show me. I do think the offense will be better this year.....the only bad thing is the person running it aka the OC. 

I would have to put LP in that spot, JT just lost “ I think “ to many key players to graduation. Maybe we can reload and keep going. Let’s Lock & Load. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 5:19 PM, trueblue82 said:

Mart is the closest thing to a sure thing in the whole state, but among East Texas AA D2 teams, I think Grapeland definitely has the best chance. 

We know a thing or “2” I should say about sure things. First they don’t usually happen that way and second they don’t usually happen that way. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

4A (D-I): Carthage
4A (D-II): Pleasant Grove
3A (D-I): Gladewater
3A (D-II): Newton
2A (D-I): San Augustine
2A (D-II): Grapeland

Any team that comes out of 3A D1 Region 2 has a good chance. Going to be a bloodbath once the playoffs start. Malakoff, GW, Tatum, Atlanta, Brock.....

48 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Any team that comes out of 3A D1 Region 2 has a good chance. Going to be a bloodbath once the playoffs start. Malakoff, GW, Tatum, Atlanta, Brock.....

Brock region 1and Wall might beat them brock brings back 2/3 first real rebuild for them

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, KirtFalcon said:

As long as the games are played at Jerry World, ya gotta overcome the home cooking officiating against Highland Park .... their opponents got hosed big time the past two state championship games .... 

Officiating had nothing to do with where it was being played.  Don't try to make that connection when it's not there.  Try doing some homework and knowing where the officials were from.  I think they were out of Houston and there's no officiating crew out of Houston wanting to help out a DFW team.

40 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Officiating had nothing to do with where it was being played.  Don't try to make that connection when it's not there.  Try doing some homework and knowing where the officials were from.  I think they were out of Houston and there's no officiating crew out of Houston wanting to help out a DFW team.

I don't care if they were from Carlsbad, New Mexico, the two teams that HP played in the state finals the past two years got hosed by the officials  ... in both games it was enough to sway the outcome of the games in my opinion ... and that's coming from as neutral a fan as there is ... those were two of the worst officiated, one sided officiated high profile high school games I have ever seen ... and I have been watching games for over 50 years ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

Money talks....

Guest Tiger03lb
7 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Brock region 1and Wall might beat them brock brings back 2/3 first real rebuild for them

Watchout for Jim Ned they will be loaded this year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Can't wait! Wish we were in one of those districts, it would make the season a lot less boring. We haven't had this easy of a district in years. 

On 8/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, AKA said:

6A (D-II): Longview
4A (D-I): Carthage
4A (D-II): Pleasant Grove
3A (D-I): Atlanta
3A (D-II): Newton
2A (D-I): San Augustine
2A (D-II): Grapeland
Six-Man: Oakwood (not technically East Texas)

I like this, a lot lot lot. 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:03 AM, GWBears01 said:

Yeah I just couldn’t write them off because they always seem to reload. 

But they have not had to really reload before imo first year varsity for brock was in 2015 all those kids have left now... I think they will have a down year and only go 3 or 4 rounds