What East Texas teams do you think have a great chance to win a state title? Every Classification..

Bigj47

28 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

John Tyler will win 5A D1 this year.... Don’t say I  never told you so. 

So JT is looking at the best Holmes team ever? Better than 2012 and 2016 JT teams?

33 minutes ago, ANTI said:

So JT is looking at the best Holmes team ever? Better than 2012 and 2016 JT teams?

Holmes doesn't need his best team ever to win state. I doubt every Carthage team that won state was better than it's previous one. It just needs to be better than all the teams he meets in the playoffs. 

With that said, its a very bold statement. JT has to replace alot from last yr.  

• Thanks 1

I understand having confidence in your team, but it’s too soon for that type of prediction. Well.... unless of course you’re bringing back a loaded team and the road to state isn’t full of great teams or at least teams that are better than you, such as LV and maybe even North Shore this season. As good as Longview was last season, they still needed luck and things to go their way in order to win it all.....same with NS. You have to stay healthy too. Just too early for that type of statement imo. Plus...Region 2 will probably be the toughest region in the D1 bracket. 

The title of the thread includes “great chance.”  I would think a great chance is greater than 50%.  So, with injuries and bad losses considered, I say no East Texas team has a great chance to win state. Pleasant Grove would be the closest to me. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

9 hours ago, cotton84 said:

The title of the thread includes “great chance.”  I would think a great chance is greater than 50%.  So, with injuries and bad losses considered, I say no East Texas team has a great chance to win state. Pleasant Grove would be the closest to me. 

I’m definitely not liking this post. Carthage does have a great chance to win state.

I think we’re going to be better all around this year than last, and especially on defense.

I think Longview has a great chance to win state too. They lost their big RB to graduation, but their scat back from last year is very impressive!

PG also has a really strong chance to win, as you said.

We’ll see what happens! 

Guest Tiger03lb
On 8/21/2019 at 12:53 PM, lionpride08 said:

There is about 3 teams or so that can knock off brock this year in reg 1

Agreed