Scrimmages

mightyeagle

Controlled: Cameron Yoe 3, Lorena `1 (number of touchdowns)

Live Quarter: Cameron Yoe 6 Lorena 0

Overall: 4-1

Overall this was a solid first scrimmages between what are two top 10-ranked teams in their respective divisions.  Under Biles, Lorena will always be solid.  

Cameron will have a talented team this upcoming year and should be difficult to stop.  It all comes down to week by week improvements from here on out.  

5 hours ago, BuckNut said:

How did Carthage vs Pitt turn out?

Dawgs 9th & JV dominated.  Dawg Varsity live portion was 28-7 Carthage.  They played two 12 minute quarters.  We had two fumbles at the 1 yard line on center/qb exchanges and had a tipped pass INT in the end zone or it could have been 49-7.  Defense looked really good.  We caused 3 TO’s in the live portion.

16 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Dawgs 9th & JV dominated.  Dawg Varsity live portion was 28-7 Carthage.  They played two 12 minute quarters.  We had two fumbles at the 1 yard line on center/qb exchanges and had a tipped pass INT in the end zone or it could have been 49-7.  Defense looked really good.  We caused 3 TO’s in the live portion.

QB play?

Just now, Nick2011 said:

I’m sure they looked like a State Contender. I don’t see anyone getting in their way this year. Only reason they didn’t go back to back last year is because they played a freak athlete named Jordan Whittington who will be a beast for Texas as a true freshman this year! 

True

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

QB play?

Yes three played - Horton, Wilson & McNew.  Horton took majority of snaps with 1st team.  Wilson took some 1st team reps and majority of 2nd team reps.  McNew lined up at WR on 1st team and took a few snaps at QB with 2nd team.  Horton and Wilson both looked good at times and like they still need work at other times.

6 hours ago, 1jacket said:

EF has some work to do. On both sides of the ball especially Defense lol. If not EF is going to have trouble against good teams.

Hopefully they will get it fixed. 

Be careful talking about EF, you might get reported like I did. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

Be careful talking about EF, you might get reported like I did. 

I just want them to get it fixed before the real season starts. They have the talent, and I saw some good things, but they still have some stuff to work on. 

Go Jackets beat WO.