Spring Hill Documentary Series

Acewell

I think the documentary is a great thing for Spring Hill ISD and their football program. I'm excited to see what Johnny can bring to the program. Personally I believe Johnny will be a great coach and I think SH is a great place for him.

Bottom line is whoever came up with the documentary ideal will look like a genius if the Panthers have a great year. 

I wish Johnny and SH the best (well except for week 1). 😊

• Like 2

I think it's a great documentary! If you don't like it, then don't watch it, it's that easy! And, for the record, Spring Hill , Tx once existed before the crappy city of Longview annexed it back in 1983! I predict a Spring Hill win over Gladewater on August 30th! 

• Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Wasn’t Spring Hill one of the first schools to have a pass heavy offense? I remember them in ‘96 and ‘97 passing like crazy. I just remember it was odd to us that we could just pin our ears back and rush the QB. Good grief I’m old. 

That ol Jurenka at QB. 

35 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Wasn’t Spring Hill one of the first schools to have a pass heavy offense? I remember them in ‘96 and ‘97 passing like crazy. I just remember it was odd to us that we could just pin our ears back and rush the QB. Good grief I’m old. 

Yes

On 8/23/2019 at 5:39 PM, Panther89 said:

I think it's a great documentary! If you don't like it, then don't watch it, it's that easy! And, for the record, Spring Hill , Tx once existed before the crappy city of Longview annexed it back in 1983! I predict a Spring Hill win over Gladewater on August 30th! 

Called Longview crappy and was wrong on the prediction. Oof. 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, ANTI said:

What is a Spring Hill, TX? Doesnt exist. 

Good series though.

There was until October 7, 1983 when they became incorporated into Longview.  Funny thing is I saw many posting on the Facebook site You Know You Grew Up in Longview talking about the old strores and gas stations there before 1983.  I remember them having some really good teams during those times, even to the late 80's.  I haven't kept up much with them since.  

On 9/6/2019 at 4:34 PM, Panther89 said:

LufkinPack, what's your point? Not all of Longview is crappy, so I'll backslide on that one, and yes, I was hoping for a Spring Hill victory, but I was wrong! 

Pre-1990 all Spring Hill had was Spring Hill State Bank, Graham's convenience store which I'm thinking was the blue building their, Dairy Queen, Driggers that used to be on Pine Tree Rd. across from the P.T. Middle School (now Tejas), an Exxon Station , and a few insurance offices back in the day.  Spring Hill has grown though since those times.  I don't know if the only Brookshire's in Longview would have been in Spring Hill's city limits back in the day, because I think their city limits began after Hawkins Pkwy..  I still think it's sad that it is the only Brookshire's left in Longview, when there used to be 6 that I can remember plus two Super One's.  Spring Hill had some pretty good baseball teams back in the day.  I know Billy Brewer was from there, an played against him in an All Star game. 

51 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Hwy 80 is all class

Since when ?  Even in the 70's and 80's it was the cruising zone that's been outlawed now, and I witnessed the event of why cruising and hanging out in parking lots was banned in 1989.  The weird thing about that is it happened on the Loop starting at the Taco Bell in front of Wal Mart.  Highway 80 was never classy, but it was fun to cruise back in the 80's.  I probably remember more about Longview from 1975-1990 than anyone alive on facebook and SDC.