R.I.P. Cedric Benson

Stoney

13 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Dude was a monster at Midland Lee, leading them to the USA Today high school "national championship." I'll always wonder what he could've done if he'd gone to college somewhere else. Jonathan Gray too... 

Assuming your joking..... Finished his College career ranked #6 on the All time rushing list. Consensus  1st team All American. #4 overall draft pick. One heck of a football player. Not quite on the level of Ricky or Earl, but truly one of the Longhorn greats. RIP!

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:01 PM, 88YoePride said:

Dude was a monster at Midland Lee, leading them to the USA Today high school "national championship." I'll always wonder what he could've done if he'd gone to college somewhere else. Jonathan Gray too... 

Come on friend, he had a GREAT college career. I am a A&M fan I can admit this.

Won the Doak Walker award as the best RB in the country.

Was 1st team all american on every all american team

43-8 record as a 4 year starter

that GREAT career led him to the the 4th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

RIP to a Texas (HS and College) Legend

• Like 1

Not sure if you’re serious

You have no clue.  Others have corrected you about El Ced. Bet you don't know that Gray blew out his Achilles while at UT too. I am sure that had something to do with HIS career too. But.....whatever.

I’ll bite. If Benson had went to a non Power 5 school, he would have owned every rushing mark in the NCAA record book. 5,540 yards rushing and 64 tds at UT. You can not tell me against weaker opponents those numbers wouldn’t have increased.

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’ll bite. If Benson had went to a non Power 5 school, he would have owned every rushing mark in the NCAA record book. 5,540 yards rushing and 64 tds at UT. You can not tell me against weaker opponents those numbers wouldn’t have increased.

Maybe. 

What does his Oline look like on the lower level team? Are teams scared of his QB like they were VY or Simms? 

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

If you are a top D1 talent why would you want to go to a lesser school?

36 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

If you are a top D1 talent why would you want to go to a lesser school?

Somebody posted something about what Benson coulda done at another school. I just gave my opinion that his numbers would have been theoretically better against weaker competition.

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

Didn't say Benson didn't have a great college career. Just feel like both those guys - and a lot of other top Texas high school football talent who went to Austin - could have had better overall careers if they'd gone somewhere else. 

Yea you’re correct.  Benson could’ve been drafted top 3 instead of 4th. If he’d have only thought his decision through.  I’ll let you sit around and wonder.  

3 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Didn't say Benson didn't have a great college career. Just feel like both those guys - and a lot of other top Texas high school football talent who went to Austin - could have had better overall careers if they'd gone somewhere else. 

Gray, maybe... but remember, his career went bad due to injuries, not mismanagement... Strong and Mack would have rode him as far as he would have taken them if it weren’t for his knee issues