Cherokee Nation Tests 200-Year-Old Treaty with Government by Sending Delegate to Congress

RETIREDFAN1

I think that all Indian Nations should have a Representative for every major tribe with a population of over 100,000.  Since they are basically treated as territories, but with a few more rights they should have a representative who does not have voting rights with their representation just as other territories.  I actually wouldn't have a problem with both having voting rights in the House.  While territories do elect their representatives, I think the Indian Nations should be able to appoint theirs just as Governors used to appoint Senators.  

26 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think that all Indian Nations should have a Representative for every major tribe with a population of over 100,000.  Since they are basically treated as territories, but with a few more rights they should have a representative who does not have voting rights with their representation just as other territories.  I actually wouldn't have a problem with both having voting rights in the House.  While territories do elect their representatives, I think the Indian Nations should be able to appoint theirs just as Governors used to appoint Senators.  

They should have done this from the time the treaty was signed.

• Thanks 1