💥 Battle over the Second Amendment

RETIREDFAN1

Firearms Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Universal Background Checks for all gun sales and transfers?

2. 2. Do you support expanded screening for prohibited buyers to include persons with violent mental health history?

3. 3. Do you support reinstating the 1994 assault weapons ban?

The missed out on teaching children gun safety.  My Dad never locked up a single gun he owned, and yes I knew exactly where they were.  I knew not to play with them, then again I had a bb gun that I shoot tin cans with.  I agree with these guys on the Parkland Shooting.  

Very prominent media figure says, 'enough is enough' on no action. I would think anyone who also hates corruption and involvement with taking money from Russia would be scurrying away from the NRA, at this point, but this is certainly a powerful reason, as well. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/s-e-cupp-quits-nra-gun-control-034208231.html

Politics

Conservative Pundit S.E. Cupp Quits The NRA In Powerful Plea For Gun Control

HuffPost Ed Mazza,HuffPost 9 hours ago 

Conservative commentator S.E. Cupp, a longtime NRA advocate once featured as an “NRA Mom” in an ad campaign, said she has quit the organization in an emotional call for stronger gun control laws. 

“I am so sick and tired of participating in this predictable cycle of politics, where a mass shooting happens, the left calls for new gun laws ― some meaningful, some unproductive ― the right yells ‘slippery slope’ and hides behind the Constitution,” she said on her CNN show on Saturday. 

“Nothing happens, nothing changes,” she said. “And with the next mass shooting, we do it all over again.”

Cupp spoke a week after 31 people were killed in two mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, which came a week after three people were killed in Gilroy, California

She said that in the past, she’s defended the NRA and its members and argued against stricter gun laws.

But not this time: 

“I am no longer an NRA member. Being right no longer feels righteous because in the wake of more mass shootings, acts of senseless violence that sent innocent people running for their lives, leaving children orphaned, loved ones dead on the ground, we must do something about guns.”

Cupp specifically called for universal background checks, gun violence restraining orders, raising the minimum age for gun purchases to 21, banning 100-round drums, fixing the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and mental health programs in schools. 

And she said some people, including domestic abusers and those who make violent threats, “should never have access to a gun of any kind, period.”

Cupp also predicted one of the arguments that will be used against her... because it’s one she’s used herself while on the other side of the issue.  

“I know, I will be accused of letting my emotions get in the way of facts here. I’ve made that accusation before,” she said. “But this is an emotional issue. How could it not be? In fact, it should be more emotional.”

She called for more emotion ― especially from Republicans and NRA members who support gun control.

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Very prominent media figure says, 'enough is enough' on no action. I would think anyone who also hates corruption and involvement with taking money from Russia would be scurrying away from the NRA, at this point, but this is certainly a powerful reason, as well. 

Politics

Conservative commentator S.E. Cupp, a longtime NRA advocate once featured as an “NRA Mom” in an ad campaign, said she has quit the organization in an emotional call for stronger gun control laws. 

“I am so sick and tired of participating in this predictable cycle of politics, where a mass shooting happens, the left calls for new gun laws ― some meaningful, some unproductive ― the right yells ‘slippery slope’ and hides behind the Constitution,” she said on her CNN show on Saturday. 

“Nothing happens, nothing changes,” she said. “And with the next mass shooting, we do it all over again.”

Cupp spoke a week after 31 people were killed in two mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, which came a week after three people were killed in Gilroy, California

She said that in the past, she’s defended the NRA and its members and argued against stricter gun laws.

But not this time: 

“I am no longer an NRA member. Being right no longer feels righteous because in the wake of more mass shootings, acts of senseless violence that sent innocent people running for their lives, leaving children orphaned, loved ones dead on the ground, we must do something about guns.”

Cupp specifically called for universal background checks, gun violence restraining orders, raising the minimum age for gun purchases to 21, banning 100-round drums, fixing the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and mental health programs in schools. 

And she said some people, including domestic abusers and those who make violent threats, “should never have access to a gun of any kind, period.”

Cupp also predicted one of the arguments that will be used against her... because it’s one she’s used herself while on the other side of the issue.  

“I know, I will be accused of letting my emotions get in the way of facts here. I’ve made that accusation before,” she said. “But this is an emotional issue. How could it not be? In fact, it should be more emotional.”

She called for more emotion ― especially from Republicans and NRA members who support gun control.

She gets mad when one of these shootings happens occasionally, whereas many, many more innocent lives are taken in abortion clinics, or in daily drive by and gang violence in cities where gun control laws already exist...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

She gets mad when one of these shootings happens occasionally, whereas many, many more innocent lives are taken in abortion clinics, or in daily drive by and gang violence in cities where gun control laws already exist...

Who says she isn't against those things? She is a conservative media figure, not a liberal. Evidently she is not toeing the party line on this issue? 

I don't see what the big whoop is.  So she's leaving the NRA, and now doesn't support the 2nd Amendment.  It's irrational to think that our gun laws are what is causing this epidemic when we certainly didn't have a problem before you even needed back ground checks.  

22 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

she said on her CNN show on Saturday.

Pretty much did the entire article in for me with this line right here.  Quit the NRA, make money doing a TV show fighting against the NRA!

I only say this because I was listening to a TV show the other day about a TV host who talked about how many of his radio friends ditched radio and everything they claimed to stand for to make more money on TV.  

Maybe its me being older and more paranoid... but I just don't trust anyone's verbal beliefs over their pocketbooks anymore... (and I am pretty sure its been like this since the beginning of time, I am just getting more aware with old age

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Pretty much did the entire article in for me with this line right here.  Quit the NRA, make money doing a TV show fighting against the NRA!

I only say this because I was listening to a TV show the other day about a TV host who talked about how many of his radio friends ditched radio and everything they claimed to stand for to make more money on TV.  

Maybe its me being older and more paranoid... but I just don't trust anyone's verbal beliefs over their pocketbooks anymore... (and I am pretty sure its been like this since the beginning of time, I am just getting more aware with old age

Kind of like Joe Scarborough, he prostituted himself and his beliefs to become a TV host along side his now liberal left wing hack wife. 😎

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Kind of like Joe Scarborough, he prostituted himself and his beliefs to become a TV host along side his now liberal left wing hack wife. 😎

Scarborough, at one time, was a reasonable conservative on most issues.  He sold his soul to the devil to turn into a clone of Keith Olbermann ... he's now nothing but a disgusting fake news gutter dweller ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

Scarborough, at one time, was a reasonable conservative on most issues.  He sold his soul to the devil to turn into a clone of Keith Olbermann ... he's now nothing but a disgusting fake news gutter dweller ...

Olbermann pouts about as much as Barry...😂

On 8/12/2019 at 7:30 AM, BarryLaverty said:

Politics

But not this time: 

Seems she is lactating like yourself.  Y’all would probably get along fine together.   

20 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

S.E. Cupp is a SHE, so mentioning her 'lactating' makes you like your hero, who attacks women for their looks and even their periods. It's not right. You know S.E. is a woman, right? 

I thought we weren’t supposed to use “gendered language”... (jazz hands, jazz hands!)😜👋😜👋

• Mr. P locked and unlocked this topic