Week 1 Carthage @ Jacksonville

PantherNation2015

Had to go into work around 10:00 last night to take care of a few things.  Drove by the stadium on the way and it was all lit up outside and looked awesome.  Cant wait for kickoff!  Got my tickets the other day.  Mrs Dawg and I plan on eating at the drafthouse down the road from the stadium and welcome any fellow smoaksters to join in for a little pregame talk.  Jax folks welcome too.  If anyone has been dying to meet the legendary Dawg91 now's your chance!  😁

Ps,  there's a spear out in front of home side standing upright and has all the district teams on there.  Has that always been there?  I love it.

Edited by DAWG91

Hasn’t been that long ago Carthage and Jacksonville was a competitive game. Given the score last year and looking at the sub varsity scores last night those days are over for now. Remember Jax being a top flight program in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. That was in old 4a when it was 2nd highest class. After Danny Long left seems like the program just kinda fell flat no matter who the coach is. Sure there is a lot more going on besides just coaching. 

3 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Just curious.  I moved back to carthage before start of 08 season.  As far as I recall jax hasn't beaten the Dawgs since i've been back.  When was the last time jax won this game?

2012 Jacksonville won 34-30.....Only Jacksonville win since 2000.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I bought my tix in Carthage this morning.  They still had plenty.  Probably not a sellout in the stands, but parking lot could be.  😂

Parking lot almost sold out when i drove by at 11:00 😂

Seriously though,  the gates were closed on visitors side and a guy was out there setting out cones in the parking spaces.  Not sure what they're doing with that visitors lot.

I had what I think is a neat idea the other day.  Jax isd should coordinate with railroad to ensure no trains are going through between say 7:00-10:00 or something like that.  Jax could offer shuttle rides by train car to and from all the lots that people park at along hwy 79 for a small fee.  I think that would be pretty cool.  And yes,  i like choo choo trains 😁