Week 1: Westwood Panthers @ Alto Yellowjackets - 8/30

StingEmALTO

Week 1: Westwood Panthers @ Alto Yellowjackets - 8/30  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Game 1: Who wins the season opener?

• Westwood
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

2nd quarter, that was quick! I saw footage on the Red Zone. Looks like NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE from Big Sandy made the long drive. Not even the band....unless they were just late. Those boys probably felt defeated before they got off the bus just from seeing the “crowd.” Why did y’all meet halfway last year but not this year? That IS a long way to go!

Beckville got a new AD and didn't want to host from what I heard. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

Beckville got a new AD and didn't want to host from what I heard. 

I just thought it was weird how SA didn’t go to Big Sandy last year (met half way at Beckville....on a Thursday night!) and BS had to go all the way to SA this year. 

Surprised they didn’t look for a different venue halfway again.

16 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

My peeps said Alto dropped 22 in the 2nd quarter because they played penalty free. That’s gotta make Swarmin & StingEm excited about the potential. 

The potential is there! We saw moments of greatness! Bottom line: we gotta CLEAN IT UP.

8 hours ago, villagegenius said:

My peeps said Alto dropped 22 in the 2nd quarter because they played penalty free. That’s gotta make Swarmin & StingEm excited about the potential. 

I can’t recall whether or not we were penalty free in the 2nd or not but it def was a good qtr. You’re gonna have the occasional holding calls every now and then in every game, but false starts (especially at home) and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are what you’ve gotta eliminate and are the easiest for you to control. I’m sure there will be an emphasis on just that in the coming days and we should see a game this Friday with substantially less penalties. Like Sting said, we have no choice but to clean it up. 

14 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I just thought it was weird how SA didn’t go to Big Sandy last year (met half way at Beckville....on a Thursday night!) and BS had to go all the way to SA this year. 

Surprised they didn’t look for a different venue halfway again.

From my understanding Beckville didnt want to host.  Big Sandy tried their best to cancel the game.

• Thanks 1