Andrew Luck Retires

This news was something that I didn't expect tonight.  The injury bug was strong with him, and I can't say I blame him for retiring.  He had a good run, and decided to leave it on the field.  I know injuries are tough.  This is going to leave the Colts in disarray though.  

I hope this was an eye opener for O'Brien...Same thing will happen to Watson if he doesnt protect him. He needs to pull the trigger on the Clowney for Trent William's trade now...

On a side note, you can pencil in Houston as AFC South champs for the foreseeable future

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

11 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I have no sympathy for the Colts, this falls squarely at the feet of the Grigson, Irsay and Pagano regime. 

Word to the wise: build an OL around your franchise QB to at least attempt to keep him healthy. 

The Colts have the 4th ranked Offensive Line in the NFL according to some.  It's not that.  Every quarterback is going to take a hit, and his last two injuries were strange, because even the top notch doctors across the world couldn't figure it out.  He had talent, but just couldn't handle the hits that are going to happen in the NFL.  A lacerated kidney in 2015, then his mysterious shoulder injury of the same year that wasn't repaired until 2016.  He was out all of 2017.  He had a great year last year, but then a leg injury that they haven't figured out yet either.  Plus he's still having problems with his shoulder.  I dislocated my shoulder when I was 19 in a car accident, and it still aches when it rains or after I've been carrying something heavy above my shoulders for more than a couple of minutes.  

He's made some good money in the NFL, and he could probably safely retire if he hasn't spent his money unwisely.  He should be set for life.  If not once he's fully healthy he can always come back.  It would be tough for him to make the kind of money he can demand in the real world.  

11 hours ago, topher805 said:

I hope this was an eye opener for O'Brien...Same thing will happen to Watson if he doesnt protect him. He needs to pull the trigger on the Clowney for Trent William's trade now...

On a side note, you can pencil in Houston as AFC South champs for the foreseeable future

I don't know about that with losing Lamar Miller last night.  All they have is Duke Johnson and the worst offensive line in the NFL in Houston in my opinion.  I was hearing many callers this morning wanting to trade Clowney for Melvin Gordon.  Where's the daylight he's going to find with that offensive line mess that they have ?  Watson is going to be running for his life this year.  

10 hours ago, topher805 said:

100% agree. 

Wasn't they in the talks for Tunsil?? 

5 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

The Colts have the 4th ranked Offensive Line in the NFL according to some.  It's not that.  Every quarterback is going to take a hit, and his last two injuries were strange, because even the top notch doctors across the world couldn't figure it out.  He had talent, but just couldn't handle the hits that are going to happen in the NFL.  A lacerated kidney in 2015, then his mysterious shoulder injury of the same year that wasn't repaired until 2016.  He was out all of 2017.  He had a great year last year, but then a leg injury that they haven't figured out yet either.  Plus he's still having problems with his shoulder.  I dislocated my shoulder when I was 19 in a car accident, and it still aches when it rains or after I've been carrying something heavy above my shoulders for more than a couple of minutes.  

He's made some good money in the NFL, and he could probably safely retire if he hasn't spent his money unwisely.  He should be set for life.  If not once he's fully healthy he can always come back.  It would be tough for him to make the kind of money he can demand in the real world.  

Yeah maybe for last yr, different regime from what I mentioned. 

35 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

100% agree. 

Wasn't they in the talks for Tunsil?? 

Word is there is now a trade in place for Clowney, he just has to sign his tender. Miami and Tunsil has been the hot name for a while and rumored again today...

37 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't know about that with losing Lamar Miller last night.  All they have is Duke Johnson and the worst offensive line in the NFL in Houston in my opinion.  I was hearing many callers this morning wanting to trade Clowney for Melvin Gordon.  Where's the daylight he's going to find with that offensive line mess that they have ?  Watson is going to be running for his life this year.  

I think Johnson will be a pleasant surprise. His ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and work in space will do well in this offense. The traditional running game is shot until we shore up the OL, which isn't far from being fixed. Last night was bad, but more to do with OB tinkering and giving guys one last look (Davenport at LT)

Did Houston play their starting o-line last night or was it all second teamers? Because a season of that is gonna get Watson killed. Dallas has a deep talented d-line but c’mon, that was ridiculous.

48 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Did Houston play their starting o-line last night or was it all second teamers? Because a season of that is gonna get Watson killed. Dallas has a deep talented d-line but c’mon, that was ridiculous.

Mixed and matched some guys. I know one or two of those guys will be cut, but were given a look against Dallas' 1's just to get one final chance

• Like 1