Harmony vs. Diana

Stoney

Harmony versus Diana  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Red Eagles
    • Blue Iggles

One of the best rivalries in East Texas starts off week 1. The Red Eagles from the right side of HWY 154 versus the blue iggles from the wrong side of 154. Hope the good guys pull off something us old folks rarely accomplished, a win versus Diana, especially one at the iggles nest. Go Big Red!!

12 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

I'll take Diana, only cause of my friend TT.  Secret weapon huh.  #5 coming back in descise?

'ppreciate it Muley!! 👍

Nah, #5 graduated unfortunately. He's playing at TJC last I heard. 

Secret weapon could be lots of possibilities....big tuba kid...move-ins from other schools...surveillance cameras & microphones on the visitor's sideline and locker room...new D coach...new mascot uniform & run-thru tunnel....endless possibilities 😉😝

11 hours ago, randomuser said:

Hoping coach Chrisman can get the blue Eagles rolling. Blue Eagles had a good run a couple of years ago and coach Chrisman was key in that run. He’s a great guy and hopes he gets big blue rolling again. With that being said Harmony should win big.

Yea I hope so too. Chrisman, if given time, can be successful. But that '17 squad was special. Had 14 seniors that were special and had played together for a long time. Things clicked good for ND that season with those young men. Groups like that don't come along very often at a school / community like New Diana - Diana. 

3 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Yea I hope so too. Chrisman, if given time, can be successful. But that '17 squad was special. Had 14 seniors that were special and had played together for a long time. Things clicked good for ND that season with those young men. Groups like that don't come along very often at a school / community like New Diana - Diana. 

Didn't that Coach leave? Wasn't he the one that implemented the offense and took Diana further than they have ever been. I was pretty sure he left after that Season and Diana went back to where they were before he got there. That group was special because of the Coach and his system. The move in from Gilmer didn't hurt either...

5 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Didn't that Coach leave? Wasn't he the one that implemented the offense and took Diana further than they have ever been. I was pretty sure he left after that Season and Diana went back to where they were before he got there. That group was special because of the Coach and his system. The move in from Gilmer didn't hurt either...

Yep coach Coplin left after that season for a HC job in his home state of Arkansas. 

Yes, furtherest in school history. 4th Rd. 

Coach helped for sure...but it was mostly that group of seniors imo. 

Move-in from Gilmer???? Who would that've been? 

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Yep coach Coplin left after that season for a HC job in his home state of Arkansas. 

Yes, furtherest in school history. 4th Rd. 

Coach helped for sure...but it was mostly that group of seniors imo. 

Move-in from Gilmer???? Who would that've been? 

I can't remember his name but seemed like their may have been some disciplinary issues. No doubt a talented group of seniors helped. White Oak had the same thing happen to them when the Coach from Dallas came in and took them to the Semifinals. He left and they haven't been the same. Same with Gilner when Coach Traylor left. Coaches make a huge difference especially in the smaller classifications. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I can't remember his name but seemed like their may have been some disciplinary issues. No doubt a talented group of seniors helped. White Oak had the same thing happen to them when the Coach from Dallas came in and took them to the Semifinals. He left and they haven't been the same. Same with Gilner when Coach Traylor left. Coaches make a huge difference especially in the smaller classifications. 

I can't say for certain that a Gilmer move-in wasn't on that team. But I don't think so. If there was, he didn't make an impact that I know of. 

The "star" players of that group were homegrown Diana kids. 

4 hours ago, TTman7 said:

I still say we got cheated by those hometown officials.