MavGrad's Week 1 Preview (2019)

Coach Rab

1 minute ago, AKA said:

Lol, no offense taken. Doesn't matter to me if UT loses every game. 😁

The idea that any UT fan would celebrate OUr wins is hilarious to me. UT (or Baylor, or Tech, or etc.) gains nothing from OU's recent Big XII dominance. 

Bingo 👏

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Topher posted that factoid above. You can go read it, I mean, it’s not rocket science. 

Bottom line is, this conference stuff might matter to you, but it doesn’t matter much to us, if at all. I was rooting for OU to lose last night (sorry AKA and Val) I was screaming at the tv yesterday for UNI to beat Iowa State yesterday. OU and Texas don’t need to rest of the big 12 to be good. They just need to win their games. But I appreciate the effort in you trying to tell me how I’m suppose to feel towards the big 12. It was a nice try.

You clearly aren’t even smart enough to understand where I was going with that. I’m saying if conference pride didn’t matter, why did justafan post the big 12 factoid that made them look good yet didn’t post the one that made the big 12 look bad for a scheduling perspective. If the conference performance truly didn’t matter, justafan wouldn’t have felt the need to even post how the conference did. That fact wouldn’t have even been significant if he didn’t care maybe just a little about how the big 12 performs compared to others. That’s not “riding the accomplishments of others” like people like you always try to point out. It’s having pride in a tough schedule. Knowing you didn’t just beat up on cupcakes. 

17 hours ago, AKA said:

Lol, no offense taken. Doesn't matter to me if UT loses every game. 😁

The idea that any UT fan would celebrate OUr wins is hilarious to me. UT (or Baylor, or Tech, or etc.) gains nothing from OU's recent Big XII dominance. 

I’m not saying Texas fans should root for ou, but there’s a big difference in rooting for your rival to win games, vs being happy that your own sos is higher because of it. That’s what you guys are missing. The fans of sec teams do not want their conference rivals to look good, but they are smart enough to know that a victory over a good team is better than a victory over a bad team. 

I hate LSU on a very equal level as what I hate Texas. But I hope LSU wipes the floor with Texas this week because it will make A&M look better in a win later down the road. Why aren’t you guys capable of understanding that? 

Just now, WETSU said:

eWhy aren’t you guys capable of understanding that? 

Oh I understand what you're saying... I just don't care. 

If we win, we're in. That's our privilege. Maybe someday you'll be fortunate enough to enjoy that privilege yourself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You clearly aren’t even smart enough to understand where I was going with that. I’m saying if conference pride didn’t matter, why did justafan post the big 12 factoid that made them look good yet didn’t post the one that made the big 12 look bad for a scheduling perspective. If the conference performance truly didn’t matter, justafan wouldn’t have felt the need to even post how the conference did. That fact wouldn’t have even been significant if he didn’t care maybe just a little about how the big 12 performs compared to others. That’s not “riding the accomplishments of others” like people like you always try to point out. It’s having pride in a tough schedule. Knowing you didn’t just beat up on cupcakes. 

The problem with that is that you’re assuming, like you always do, that justafan knew that second fact and decided not to post it because it would make the big 12 look bad (which we’ve already established that both facts mean absolutely nothing.) 

You’re completely wrong and we all know it, but since you don’t like admitting when you’re wrong, I’ll save you the time of digging a deeper hole that you won’t be able to climb out of.

• Like 2

Just now, AKA said:

Oh I understand what you're saying... I just don't care. 

If we win, we're in. That's our privilege. Maybe someday you'll be fortunate enough to enjoy that privilege yourself. 

Every power 5 team is a win and your in situation. Ou isn’t any different in that regard. 

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not saying Texas fans should root for ou, but there’s a big difference in rooting for your rival to win games, vs being happy that your own sos is higher because of it. That’s what you guys are missing. The fans of sec teams do not want their conference rivals to look good, but they are smart enough to know that a victory over a good team is better than a victory over a bad team. 

I hate LSU on a very equal level as what I hate Texas. But I hope LSU wipes the floor with Texas this week because it will make A&M look better in a win later down the road. Why aren’t you guys capable of understanding that? 

We do understand. But you don’t understand that we don’t care. OU and Texas don’t need somebody to lose to make them look better.  Do you get it now? 

• LOL! 1

This totally turned into thing. For the record I didn't see the stats that Topher produced. 

I figured it’d be kind of taken as a joke considering how the WVU, ISU, and KU games went. I even laughed myself because Texas final won an opener. 

I understand you can’t read intent on an Internet forum. So I’ll no longer be sharing facts that might allow others to believe I care one little bit about the Big12 conference. 

• LOL! 2