MavGrad's Week 1 Preview (2019)

Coach Rab

13 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Even with the wins, SEC isn’t looking great in this first week.

Les Miles is coming for the B12!

Far as I can tell, no conference are looking good. A few teams, yeah, but conferences...  not so much. 

On 8/31/2019 at 6:56 PM, AKA said:

Far as I can tell, no conference are looking good. A few teams, yeah, but conferences...  not so much. 

Exactly. Every conference has had teams struggle against teams they shouldn’t. But that’s football now days. The gap between group of 5 and power 5 is shrinking. The group of 5 teams might not do well in the power 5 conferences due to depth, but the better group of 5 teams can hang with the middle-bottom power 5 teams for a game or two here and there. 

On 8/31/2019 at 7:57 PM, MavGrad99 said:

LSU 6 of 7 drives end in TD.

up 42-3 at half.

Joe Burrow 20 of 24 5 TD 0 INT

That’s a solid night regardless of opponent.

I know Herbert is throwing a lot of 5 and under throws, but damn this kid is accurate.

also, you are Oregon’s coach at your own 49.  Instead of wasting a TO trying to draw them off on 4th and 1, why not just take the 5 yards then punt and save the TO?

• Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 10:19 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Auburn just won. Wow

Is the SEC going to have worry about Auburn this year after all? 

On 8/31/2019 at 9:24 PM, MavGrad99 said:

I know Herbert is throwing a lot of 5 and under throws, but damn this kid is accurate.

also, you are Oregon’s coach at your own 49.  Instead of wasting a TO trying to draw them off on 4th and 1, why not just take the 5 yards then punt and save the TO?

One of my least favorite plays that you see at least once a game. How many times have you seen it work versus having to burn the time out? 

47 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Is the SEC going to have worry about Auburn this year after all? 

Evidently more so than Tennessee, Ole Miss, or Mizzou. BAMA tried helping Tennessee out by putting Jeremy Pruitt through the Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Clinic and sending him up there to fix things, but I’m not sure they’re salvageable at this point. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I know it was discussed in the last week or 2 about the FPI rankings with Texas being outside the top 25.  Tennessee was #15.

Tennessee was given a 97% chance if winning by the FPI...  so much talent, but it’s undisciplined talent...  I hope Pruitt can turn it around, but only because I like the guy

45 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Nothing new there. The SEC East has been mostly terrible since the beginning of this decade.

Terrible and not matchup up to the west are two different things. 

I wouldn’t call them terrible. Are they the clear bottom half of the sec? Yes. But the bottom half of every conference is roughly the same.